You are Paul Lambert...

Dodgyknees

i do laugh at this assumption that Okore would have instantly been first choice had he not got injured - people forget he is young and this is his first season in the Prem league. I am sure he will be a great signing - but marking him up as the saviour of our defence after about 20 mins played is just insane.

He was the most expensive defender the manager has signed.......maybe that is an indication he would have played?

Fair enough. But Okore was left out in the Arsenal game and when Baker, first choice (!) alongside Vlaar was injured, Clark came on to take his place so looked very much fourth choice for that game.

He then wasn't started against Chelsea in the next game, with Clark preferred and Okore came off the bench to replace the injured Clark - and remained in the team because both the Chuckle Brothers had been injured.

Clark? Chuckle brother? One of our best players this season. Again, don't let that get in the way of a completely unnecessary dig.

Yeah obviously didn't see much of Villa this season coming out with a statement like that. Proves people will write absolutely anything anything on here truth or not

• Like 1

before the crystal palace game I would play (in the dressing room) Phats & small - "got to turn around"

I would play 'Boxers' by Manchester's favourite happy man, Morrissey-

Losing in front of your home crowd

You wish the ground

Would open up and take you down

And will time never pass?

Will time never pass for us?

and.....

Losing in front of your home town

The crowd call your name

They love you all the same

The sound, the smell, and the spray

You will take them all away

And they'll stay

Till the grave

Merry christmas.

Hadn't remembered the Okore injury, that's fair enough then. Still makes him fourth choice at the beginning of the season though....

Clark? Chuckle brother? One of our best players this season. Again, don't let that get in the way of a completely unnecessary dig.

During pre-season the majority of people on here were calling Clark much worse, and hailing Baker and the best defender at the club.

They are both terrible, and both a mistake waiting to happen in each and every game.

Yes Okore was fourth choice, because he was injured for the majority of pre-season.

We're now 17 games in. What relevance does what the majority of what people were saying then, have now? I'll tell you. Absolutely none. I also wrote Clark off at the beginning of the season and he was rightly 3rd choice going into the season but he's been very good this year. You know, because you can change your opinion based on what happens on the pitch? I was wrong and I'm glad he keeps proving me wrong. Clearly you don't watch games, or if you do, you're so intent on spouting negative view after negative view that you couldn't possibly change your mind.

I still haven't been impressed with Clark this season, he's been ok but that's it. When Vlaar is out it has really showed Clark's weaknesses and for me he should not be a regular but in our position beggars can't be choosers Edited by nick76

I have faith in lambert because I think he is great man manager, and that is vastly more important than tactics.

I am also of the opinion our recent problems defensively come down to Vlaar. It is also ridiculous to slate Lambert for not getting another CB. We had four at the start of the season with Herd and Doncian for extra cover. Both first choice down at the same time is just unlucky.

That being said, he always seems to wait too long to change it up, both in games and with systems that are not are working over a series of games, and one good game from a player seems to give him a four game run no matter how he plays.

I think he could tactically be a lot better. That being said, I think you can learn that particular trait.

Really? We should have hired Mr. Motivator then instead and I'll remind Pep what to concentrate on next time I bump into him.

Because I said tactics do not matter? Did you give a name to this straw man?

There are a lot of people who understand football very well. The difference between great managers and alright ones is not tactics. It is the ability to motivate the players. It is true in every sport.

No straw man. Your words were 'vastly more important than'. It just backs up my belief of why English football is rooted in the dark ages and the premiership is so reliant on foreigners. It's the same mentality as 'four-four-two'. Motivators are ten a penny - Great tacticians aren't. You can motivate the England team as much as you like, we'll get rolled over by every other team with superior tactics every time until we finally come to terms with what our problems are.

• Like 1

You know, because you can change your opinion based on what happens on the pitch?

Too right.

But just because I do not agree with you, it doesn't make my opinion wrong. It's an opinion, and as such, one would hope for a little respect and less of the insults and 'better fan than you' jibes. 

You know, because you can change your opinion based on what happens on the pitch?

Too right.

But just because I do not agree with you, it doesn't make my opinion wrong. It's an opinion, and as such, one would hope for a little respect and less of the insults and 'better fan than you' jibes. 

You're right. You're completely right and most of the people on this forum are wrong. 

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you have be a complete tool about it. It's way you say things, not what you say and the quicker you understand that, the less people who will react so aggressively towards you. That way you might earn a bit of respect. You can't seriously expect people to respect you when you present your opinions in such a way. Better fan? Ho ho ho. Calling you out on your crap doesn't mean I think I'm a better fan.

You could say 'I don't particularly rate Clark' without the **** need to take a stab at him, calling him 'terrible' and a 'Chuckle Brother'. Especially when its completely unwarranted based on my opinion and the seemingly overwhelming majority of people on this forum.

But anyway, have a nice Christmas. Unless you take a similarly cynical approach to that as well and go around telling people Jesus didn't really exist on Christmas morning.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Hadn't remembered the Okore injury, that's fair enough then. Still makes him fourth choice at the beginning of the season though....

During pre-season the majority of people on here were calling Clark much worse, and hailing Baker and the best defender at the club.

They are both terrible, and both a mistake waiting to happen in each and every game.

Yes Okore was fourth choice, because he was injured for the majority of pre-season.

We're now 17 games in. What relevance does what the majority of what people were saying then, have now? I'll tell you. Absolutely none. I also wrote Clark off at the beginning of the season and he was rightly 3rd choice going into the season but he's been very good this year. You know, because you can change your opinion based on what happens on the pitch? I was wrong and I'm glad he keeps proving me wrong. Clearly you don't watch games, or if you do, you're so intent on spouting negative view after negative view that you couldn't possibly change your mind.

I still haven't been impressed with Clark this season, he's been ok but that's it. When Vlaar is out it has really showed Clark's weaknesses and for me he should not be a regular but in our position beggars can't be choosers

You're entitled to your opinion, but I have to say I agree fully with Stefan and HeyAnty here. Clark has been very good, and while Vlaar's absense has hurt us badly, it's not because Clark has played poorly. Baker has totally lost it, Herd has not been good enough, and Luna and Bacuna have been worse than in the beginning of the season. But let's discuss more on Clark's thread.

Okore missed a large chunk of pre season.

He did well coming on v Chelsea and started the Liverpool and Newcastle games which suggested he was locked in to start unless he suffered a loss of form or a bad injury which happened.

To me he had the physical attributes and pace that means defenders usually do o.k in the prem although of course his form could've dipped eventually. But then Clark has played well so that wouldn't have been a problem but for the ridiculous bad luck of him getting a season ending injury the first game after the August transfer window closing

Now Bowery, I'd love to hear from HH what on earth attracted Lambert to signing him. All I can think of is when Lambert came in, Gabby had a few injury problems so Lambert signed him as some sort of low cost alternative (two games Gabby missed with injury towards the end of last season Bowery started in his place).

I know he costs peanuts and all that in general terms but when you're losing 2-1 to Stoke and need a goal, him coming on as the sub isn't going to inspire anyone apart from the opposition.

Also worth noting that Okore did actually play football before joining us, so some of us (shocking I know!), know exactly what kind of prospect he is and are excited for him to continue his immense progression at our club.

Have a Merry Christmas fellas!

• Like 2

Let's guess what he's going to say in the after match press conference!

I think it will be:

We didn't deserve to lose, we were superb in the first half and that we go again against Swansea in a few days time.

By go again, he means lose.

Â