• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 45)
    • Lowton (for Herd 81)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 81)

I can guarantee that nearly everybody would've thought the Fulham penalty was the correct decision if it had gone our way. Clear contact, doesn't matter if it was unintentional or not. Once you make contact like that you are always asking for it...

LMAO

No. Kacaniklic leans into Bacuna which causes him to clip his ankles and he falls down dramatically. Not a penalty.

My blue-nose brother-in-law confirms "no penatly"

Still willing to dish out stick concerning Berbatov or experienced players in general VillaCas or are you now willing to except that quality experience can have a place in any team,?
Of course experience can have it's place, but Berbatov is playing like that every 1 in 10 games. You'd be screaming at him for the other 9.
Strange though that he also played well in mid week. Might have something to do with a manager coming in with progressive ideas in how to get the best out of what he has rather than alienating the players. Maybe that should ring a bell or two?

Exactly my point when you said we should be beating Fulham and Sunderland as they're below us in the table.

Their league table is not indicative of their current set-ups. Sure we don't need to play as badly as today, but we also have no divine right to beat these teams.

We blow hot and cold. On a good day we can beat anyone. Today we blew very cold.

I tend to think SB that we actually played the same way today as we have been playing for most of the season but without those moments of brilliance that had previously papered over the cracks and thats why i have kept stating that we've still a long way to go before stabilising our current position.

That we were awful today, we can both agree for sure. Too mny players not at the races. Bacuna at fault with the first, but at that point, given our record of recovering points from losing positions, the game may not have been beyond us. The second completely killed it off.

We aren't playing pretty stuff at the moment either, but prior to this game we had only lost 3 games away from home in the calendar year 2013. That's more than just luck. There are cracks, there may even be some chasms, but there are also some positives in there if anyone choses to find them.

oh yea the ref was horrendous too, but at the end of the day fulham were still the better team and we deserved to lose, bulls#it penalties/non penalties aside

They were the better team because they were able to relax with a 2 goal lead which they were given by the ref. Goals change games.

I don't agree that that is why they were better, they dominated for 30 minutes before the penalty.

we lost the game because we played badly, not because fulham were unplayable.

we were 1-0 down before the ref got involved and even though we needed goals for 70 minutes we didn't look like creating a decent chance let alone scoring.

I think what's got people annoyed is the performance. Yes we have no right to think we should be beating teams below us who are in shocking form but its the way we played. Was just nothing their. Fulham got their game plan bang on. We had plenty of ball like we do in home games but like home games we did not know what to do. Fulham on their day are a good team at home. It didn't help that we didn't turn up but its just one of those game I suppose. I would of taken draw before game but thought we might win game.

I also think we did not look like scoring apart from the first 15 mins or so. On another day benteke would of scored but they wernt clear cut chances. If we had played well I think the most we would of come away with was a draw as fulham were up for it but who knows. If we would of got first goal that might of killed them

It was a completely deluded statement due to the way in which we played as there was practically no service to Benteke, Fulham totally outplayed us, scored two and could have scored more (hitting the post).

And please don't ask me to wind my neck in as no-one takes instruction from anyone on here even if they do have a University education.

It wasn't deluded because he said "could", not "should". The game COULD have been completely different had that penalty not been given.

Concerning the overall in the game it was a deluded statement to make and Fulham could have scored more if they hadn't taken their foot of the gas in the latter part of the second half. We were well beaten even with disputed bad decisions by the officials and it's a pity you and others cannot except that.

Nobody has said we deserved anything from that game. All some people are saying is that the penalty which was quite early in the game and put them 2-0 up had an effect on the game and that it COULD have been different had the penalty not been given.

Please do read these posts.

Can't understand the slating both Herd and Westwood are getting. I can't deny they weren't great but in their defence it was Herd's first game in a long time and at least he put in a shift, likewise Westwood didn't hide, he was looking for the ball. Both are young players that will make mistakes.

Most worrying for me was firstly the team selection but moreso the fact that Lambert didn't react quickly enough to change it.

Edited by Robbie09

Niall Quinn was the most annoying co-commentator since Houghton on Wenesday. Didn't know the villa players names, spent the entire match jacking off about Berbatov and then didn't give him motm.

Don't forget "Scotty" Parker. Have to say his commentary today was probably the most insufferable I've ever heard and I'm not just saying that because we lost. He's **** awful and comes across as a massive word removed.

Is he a Fulham fan or something? Seemed to be very biased towards them.

Without sounding knee jerk, I'm sat here watching the Arsenal Everton game wondering what might have been had we got Martinez...

I rate Martinez but he walked into a good setup at Everton.

A rather flat and flabby peformance today againist a side short on confidence. I would say that the team put a big effort in on Wednesday as some sort of excuse, but Fulham played midweek as well. We didn't deserve to win today at all, but it was a very soft pen. Need Vlaar back and Benteke to start scoring goals for us to push on from last season. Before we descend into a orgy of moaning, overall our form has been decent. We are somehow still 10th in the table and we have the best chance in a generation to beat united at home in the league next week. Lets keep postive and together. UTV.

Â