• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 45)
    • Lowton (for Herd 81)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 81)

Doesn't matter about the referring decisions, we were a **** shambles. Getting bossed by a relegation material side, our midfield must be the most lightweight in the league. MOTM Clark, KEA shouldn't start over Syllla, Westwood looked like Bambi today and Weimann and Benteke don't deserve to start, both look nothing like the players they were last season, rather see Kozak and Tonev start tbh.

More over reaction

• Like 1

We need more 'footballers' these budget players don't have the brains or the pedigree to be consistent and effective

They're 'budget' because they're either young or untried in prem. Bacuna is a footballer....only a few weeks ago everyone was creaming themselves over him. He's going to need time, like most of our new players.

Vlaar needed time, delph needed time....milner did too...I remember him getting ripped to pieces on here in his early days.

• Like 3

We need more 'footballers' these budget players don't have the brains or the pedigree to be consistent and effective

They're 'budget' because they're either young or untried in prem. Bacuna is a footballer....only a few weeks ago everyone was creaming themselves over him. He's going to need time, like most of our new players.

Vlaar needed time, delph needed time....milner did too...I remember him getting ripped to pieces on here in his early days.

Absolutely agree with this - Young struggled at first, Petrov was poor for a season

We've got 10-15 young players - we are going to have good weeks and bad weeks

Lambert wanted to bring in a couple of quality players in the summer and finances did not allow

Generally I think people are over-estimating the amount of progress to expect - 3 more wins = 9 more points = the difference between 15th and 9th place, but across a 38 game season you are not going to notice earth-shattering progress

No excuses today. Absolute gash from everyone.

Defence looks as bad as it was last season without Vlaar in it.

I'm not voting for MOTM because nobody deserves it.

**** awful

I'm a Lambert fan and normally give him the benefit of the doubt, but he made some truly baffling decisions today. Kozak should have started over Benteke, and must be wondering what he did wrong to be benched today.

I didn't see much of the game but even I know that kazak wasn't on the bench.

Just seen the penalty decision again on MOTD. I still see it as Bacuna clumsily running into Kačaniklić. It was a bit soft yes but not incorrect.

Edit: Just seen the angle from behind which shows Kačaniklić move towards Bacuna. I stand corrected...

Edited by Isa

just the 2 penalty decisions again

their one in my mind is a pen in modern football, he's bought the contact and then gone down, its utter bollocks but you'll get them 99/100

our one is a **** disgrace

bacuna had a shocker, gabby was the only one who seemed bothered at times

Just seen the penalty decision again on MOTD. I still see it as Bacuna clumsily running into Kačaniklić. It was a bit soft yes but not incorrect.

No.

Again, The Fulham striker ran INTO Bacuna.

Pathetic how Berbatov can get away with elbowing and kicking out at Herd. word removed.

No.

Pathetic how Berbatov can get away with elbowing and kicking out at Herd. word removed.

Yeah I only saw that behind angle for the first time when they analysed it just now. I was mistaken.

No.

Yeah I only saw that behind angle for the first time when they analysed it just now. I was mistaken.

They did show a funny angle tbh. Glad MOTD cleared it up. Never a penalty. Embarrassing. We won't get any apology for it though.

• Like 1

The brand of football under Lambert is as bad as any gone before him.

Not true.

In fact, its utter nonsense.
Is it?

I don't remember playing much worse under mcleish, houllier or MON.

Just to be clear, the post did not limit the statement to today. In fact, "brand of football" in my mind, at least, is a more broad term implying intent to play a certain way. Do you think Lambert set out the best selection at his disposal, if his goal had been a 0-0 draw? Pretty baffling players selection for "brand of football." Previous managers did appear to set out teams to do nothing but destroy the match into a 0-0 waste.

So yes, IMO the post was utter nonsense. Given the horrible performance and a bit of passion, an overstatement is understandable, but the comment itself, IMO, utter nonsense. Thank-you for the opportunity to clarify.

Also, to be clear, the performance today was totally horrid.

• Like 1

I'm a Lambert fan and normally give him the benefit of the doubt, but he made some truly baffling decisions today. Kozak should have started over Benteke, and must be wondering what he did wrong to be benched today.

I didn't see much of the game but even I know that kazak wasn't on the bench.

Or in the Villa squad for the season...

Doesn't matter about the referring decisions, we were a **** shambles. Getting bossed by a relegation material side, our midfield must be the most lightweight in the league. MOTM Clark, KEA shouldn't start over Syllla, Westwood looked like Bambi today and Weimann and Benteke don't deserve to start, both look nothing like the players they were last season, rather see Kozak and Tonev start tbh.

More over reaction

Why do you consider it an overreaction??

Â