• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 45)
    • Lowton (for Herd 81)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 81)

Well, to my eyes we played marginally better than we did against Southampton, which tells you how much of a fluke that was!

Absolutely dreadful once AGAIN. But you're not allowed to say that i know

Guzan 6

Bacuna 2

Clark 6

Herd 6

Baker 4

Westwood 4

Ahmadi 4

Delph 5

Weimann 0

Gabby 5

Benteke 5

Lambert 2

I can guarantee that nearly everybody would've thought the Fulham penalty was the correct decision if it had gone our way. Clear contact, doesn't matter if it was unintentional or not. Once you make contact like that you are always asking for it...

LMAO

No. Kacaniklic leans into Bacuna which causes him to clip his ankles and he falls down dramatically. Not a penalty.

My blue-nose brother-in-law confirms "no penatly"

Still willing to dish out stick concerning Berbatov or experienced players in general VillaCas or are you now willing to except that quality experience can have a place in any team,?

I think Berbatov is crap, it's just you and Naill Quinn that rate him I think - probably the first time he has turned up for Fulham this season - which is one of the reasons why they are still 19th and Jol was sacked. He was booed in the week by Fulham fans when his name was announced

There was no chance at all of us ever signing him, but had we done so it would have been absolutely disastorous!

I don't think I've ever said that there is no place for quality and experience in the team? I, like Lambert, would have liked us to sign Sissoko or Kiyotake, for example but we don't have the finances to do so at the moment

Lets examine your idea of not signing 16 "cheap" players, but rather signing 5 "quality" players - in this case our (complete) first team squad would be Clark, Baker, Herd, Gabby, Delph and Weimann plus 5 others (presumably in the Adam/Berbatov "flair" players that you seem to favour). An 11 man squad, presumably with academy players filling the 7 subs places?

I'm also aware of your suggestion that he should have kept the old guard longer. I absolutely don't beleive that this was ever an option available to him, however I'm of the opinion that Heskey, Warnock, Hutton, Ireland, Dunne, Cuellar , Holman, Makoun and Bent would add nothing. Certainly not one of them has gone on to greater things since leaving Villa

We were crap today - We are a typical mid-table team - good and bad in equal measure.

As i've said many times previously - In my opinion we are on an upward trajectory but I don't expect that to be a contstant smooth improvement, week on week or month on month. 

We need to bring in a couple during January - quality and experience would be useful but if we don't get that type of player then it will be the finances that decide that not Lamberts preference

• Like 2

Lambert said 'we didn't do enough to win the game...but I can't fault the lads for effort'

From where I was sitting, there was very little effort being put in...if what we saw today was effort, then we have real problems as it was dross

Lambert said 'we didn't do enough to win the game...but I can't fault the lads for effort'

From where I was sitting, there was very little effort being put in...if what we saw today was effort, then we have real problems as it was dross

I disagree - I thought there was effort but little ability on display

Just back from Craven Cottage. Dire. When you play 2 non full backs at full back and a rusty small DCM as a CB you are asking for trouble. Yes the Ref has had a shocker but even that aside we were pathetic and were deservedly beaten. Benteke needs resting for a good few weeks and would rather Helenius had a run. Sidwell & Parker dominated the middle, Westwood needed to change his boots but didn't, lost count of how often he lost his footing. All In all an expensive waste of a Sunday.

As bad a display as i've seen this year. We offered nothing and couldnt' match Fulham's desire and will to win the ball, and the game. We can bemoan the penalty decision all we like but it more than likely wouldnt've altered the outcome - and only papers over the huge cracks today. Way too much hoof ball (often to the opposition) and Benteke was getting easily handled by Hughes and Senderos.

Witha  fully fit starting XI we can compete against teams, especially away and pick up points - but as soon as we get one or two injuries we become as bad as anyone in the league. I have no idea where our ball retention has gone from the end of last year. I want Bacuna removed from the team and have said so for weeks - Lowton must be brought back in. Everyone was poor today and it wasn't good enough.

Vlaar , Almost our second most important player after Guzan .. Delph followed by them ..

I fear a thrashing against Utd without Delph and Vlaar !!

Lambert was the main fault of this result (From a big fan of him as a manager!) !!

We are a good counter attacking team but I find us very uncomfortable to watch when we try and pass it about. It seems very unatural to watch where as when you watch a lot of teams in prem(even lesser teams) they seem at ease on the ball.

• Like 1

That was an abject performance, and we did not have our luck to carry us through this time.

Clark I voted MOM. Guzan was the only one came close, some good saves to keep the score down.

Delph is easily the best of our midfield, and is a decent player, but is nowhere near as good a player as many supporters think.

Our midfield was largely ineffective for most of the game, and were completely dominated again, not for the first time, by the opposition midfielders.

And as for the strikers, when Agbonlahor is your best striker you know you are in trouble.

We will get nowhere until we bolster our midfield and striking options with talented and relatively expensive players. We really have enough bargain basement players now, and it is beginning to show.

If we cannot afford them, for whatever reason, then we just have to be patient and hope for better times ahead - but watching this lot can be a real chore at times.

• Like 1

I'm a Lambert fan and normally give him the benefit of the doubt, but he made some truly baffling decisions today. Kozak should have started over Benteke, and must be wondering what he did wrong to be benched today. Weimann (or Bacuna) should have been subbed at half time, not KEA. And what is the freaking point of making subs in the 82nd minute? Lowton and Albrighton were probably decent choices to come on but he waited far far too late, and subbing off Herd instead of Bacuna? I do not understand.

Of our makeshift back four, I thought Herd acquitted himself well today (although he always looks like a red card waiting to happen), he made some very important blocks and won a lot in the air. Clark and Baker were OK defensively, both making some important clearances (was it Baker who cleared off the line?). Baker is terrible going forward but he's not a left back and clearly we have zero options there when Luna and Bennett are out.

Bacuna had a horrible, horrible day and it's time he's dropped. I don't know what sin Lowton has committed but there is no way he's been benched this long just due to form, not when so many others in the squad have shown worse form and continue to play every week. He needs to be back vs Man U.

Benteke again looked like he did not give a shit. There's no way he's off in Janary or in the summer on this form, not to another club and not to Brazil either. Weimann -- I have no idea where he was supposed to be playing in the first half and I don't think he did either. He was no better when moved into a more familiar position in the second half, and even more worryingly, he didn't even seem to be trying today. Westwood was poor today and needs to be taken off set piece duty.

For all of those negatives and although we never looked like scoring today at all, both of their goals were soft and Bacuna was at fault for both (which doesn't mean they wouldn't have happened if Bacuna wasn't playing). I actually thought Guzan made a mistake coming off his line for Sidwell's first, he should have left Bacuna to deal with it and stayed back.

We badly missed Vlaar today, even though Herd did well -- we missed Vlaar's leadership and his calmness. Gabby is not a good choice for captain, in my opinion. He is good at leading by example but other than the bollocking he (rightly) gave Bacuna I don't think I saw him communicating with anyone else on the pitch. I'd rather see Clark, Guzan or maybe Delph with the armband in Vlaar's absence. Which I REALLY hope is not much longer.

The penalty shout was a little soft also, but certainly no softer than the one Dean awarded them in the first half. Poorly referee'd game, but we lost this one on our own. Rotten showing all around. Lambert got it wrong, the players got it wrong too. On the basis of today's performance there's 5 or 6 I'd drop for next week, if we had the squad to do that. But definitely Lowton for Bacuna, Kozak for Benteke and Albrighton for Weimann.

My MOTM goes to the away fans.

• Like 1

Â