• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 45)
    • Lowton (for Herd 81)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 81)

Bacuna yet again allowed the player in behind him that led to the penalty. As ever he was in no mans land. For the first goal he allowed Sidwell to outmuscle him. At what point does lambert recognise he is a shit defender and bring back Lowton? Rarely a week goes by without Bacuna making a mistake that leads to a goal!

Lowton isn't a great defender but he is head and shoulders above Bacuna.

Bacuna is a ****** midfielder!

I don't agree the stick Benteke is getting. He had several decent attempts at goal and tried to actually pass to his teammates. The level of players around him are awful (bar Gabby), and if he would be getting better service he would play better.

The problem today was midfield and fullbacks. The lack of skill in our midfield force us to play the hoofballs which are hard to do something with.

Edited by MackHaakon
  • Like 1

Baker and Herd were the best for me. 

Bacuna, Westwood, Benteke, and Weimann had shocking games. No creativity, no drive, no passion. I actually think Benteke's attitude is rubbing off on the team.

Tonev and Albrighton didn't look too shabby.

We've been playing absolute crap for ages. West Brom awful. Southampton awful. Cardiff we were awful for nearly 80 minutes. This was awful too - finally an experienced side has worked out just don't panic against us, or press us too hard, and you'll inevitably beat us. We're easy pickings.

Fulham bossed every area, not through greater skill (although they had that too) but simply because they were patient and waited for us to make our own mistake which will always be plentiful. I always fancy our chances against a higher placed team as we have a hope of hitting them on one or two counter attacks (see Southampton!) but up against a team like Fulham or Hull and there is absolutely no Plan B. We can't hit it high and long to Benteke/ Gabby...er what now?! I always had this down as a Banker for Fulham. In fact, I would have fancied us getting more points against United next week, if it hadn't been for Delph suspension.

Guzan - ok, flapped a few times but still kept us in this game, could have been embarrassing as well as depressing

Clark - reasonable, few last minute tackles.

Baker - still looks lost/ panics a lot but no major mistakes - just appalling distribution

Bacuna - awful in every respect today, should have either shepherded Sidwell out of play or put a tackle in then played right in to the hands of Fulham by not just standing up for penalty (although soft, there was no reason for it)

Herd - always has more of a chance of a red than a good tackle but not his fault he's playing in wrong position

El Ahmadi - hardly saw him, can not string a pass together and never looks like he has the ball under control

Westwood - what the hell was that? Worst performance in a Villa shirt. Freekick summed that up.

Delph - solid enough, got over-ran by having to drag the rest of his midfielders through the game.

Weimann - didn't see him, was he playing?!

Benteke - could see him never scoring a goal again for Villa, he'll put minimal effort in for next three weeks then be off in January. A passenger.

Gabby - Always running, only glanced at the penalty shout but seemed we should have got one. Given little service though

Subs:

Albrighton/ Lowton not enough time to judge really.

Tonev - seriously what the hell is this guy doing, head down, boot it in to row z every time he gets the ball. Has anyone ever seen this guy pass to a teammate, successfully?!

Lambert. Actually I'm not going to be too harsh - what can you do with the constraints we have upon us. He's building a team to the best of his ability with a smaller budget than nearly every other team in the Premiership. But money rules, so it's us the fans who have to start being realistic; with our finances our aim should be to stay in the Premiership and that is depressing.

Oh dear, the referee is being blamed for the result by some... 

If anybody on here thinks actually doesn't think 2-0 was flattering for us, then can they DM me and let me know what they are smoking? It would be much appreciated... 

Edited by Isa

I thought we were poor but not quite as bad as people are making out. Two things shaped that game for me: the absence of Vlaar and the ridiculous penalty decisions.

Also, how shit is Niall Quinn as a commentator? Who the **** are Guzman and Wisemann? And what's with the "Scotty" Parker bollocks? **** imbecile.

A real stinker and Fulham played the way in which I want us to play but they had better players than us and were better balanced.

Experience eh, who wants it?

Fulham are also 6 points behind us with a far worse goal difference. They may have been good today but they've been very poor for most of the season and Jol's transfer policy is one of the reasons why they're in this mess. It's better to look at the bigger picture.

They completely dominated us and the reason for that was their players were better than ours.

The bigger picture eh? So the 'improvement continues. 

I thought we were poor but not quite as bad as people are making out. Two things shaped that game for me: the absence of Vlaar and the ridiculous penalty decisions.

Also, how shit is Niall Quinn as a commentator? Who the **** are Guzman and Wisemann? And what's with the "Scotty" Parker bollocks? **** imbecile.

A real stinker and Fulham played the way in which I want us to play but they had better players than us and were better balanced.

Fulham are also 6 points behind us with a far worse goal difference. They may have been good today but they've been very poor for most of the season and Jol's transfer policy is one of the reasons why they're in this mess. It's better to look at the bigger picture.

You are deluded!

Vlaar is so important in terms of composure for the team as a whole, when the ball comes back he actually thinks. Will be a big miss if out for long (I think that Okore looks of a similar mould too, so it'll be nice to have them both together again next season).

Herd just no, a poor mans James Collins in defence. Tries hard but lacks technical ability. Heads and blocks that's it.

Some stats

Fulham ended a run of 7 straight defeats today

Fulham scored 2 goals at home for the first time this season

Fulham had 21 attemps, and 9 on target more than any other game this season

Fulham had 37 touches in the villa box, villa had 17

Some stats

Fulham ended a run of 7 straight defeats today

Fulham scored 2 goals at home for the first time this season

Fulham had 21 attemps, and 9 on target more than any other game this season

Fulham had 37 touches in the villa box, villa had 17

It's unacceptable

It really is

Benteke's form is a real problem. He was atrocious today. Absolutely no inclination to try to run at them like he used to. Instead he made half-arsed attempts to win headers and make back passes, which on almost every single occasion ended up with the opposition. I thought Kozak was bad at holding it up, but this twin brother of Benteke is far worse, and doesn't know how to score a goal.

• Like 2

Absolutely dire performance. Gap between midfield and attackers far too big again, makes long ball game inevitable. Front three far too rigid and static. Desperate for a CAM, please start Tonev behind front two of Gabby and Kozak next weekend please. Drop Weimann for a prolonged period of time please.

On the plus side:

First unacceptable away performance of the season.

- Still top of the pile of 'the rest'. Anybody who thinks with our squad we should be above any of those teams needs their head checking. 

- Four points behind media darlings Southampton, three behind United.

- We had a very make-shift defence out who were not shown up.

- We're playing United at the best time possible next week, after which we have four very winnable games.

Jesus that was utter muck. Merson and Collins giving Lambert a possible excuse to use-maybe they were tired after the midweek effort. You'd swear we're the only team that ever played twice in a week. Should have at least had a penalty but we were still dire. Another waste of 90 odd minutes of precious weekend.

You are deluded!

Care to explain why you think that instead of just throwing names around?

They completely dominated us and the reason for that was their players were better than ours.

The bigger picture eh? So the 'improvement continues. 

If their players are so much better than ours then how come we're still 6 points ahead of them?

Who said anything about improvement? All I'm saying is that before you wax lyrical about how good Fulham supposedly are bear in mind that we were 9 points ahead of them going into this game and that they've been shit for most of the season, including Saint Dimitar who had his first good game in months.

Oh dear, the referee is being blamed for the result by some... 

If anybody on here thinks actually doesn't think 2-0 was flattering for us, then can they DM me and let me know what they are smoking? It would be much appreciated... 

I don't think anybody is blaming the referee solely for the results and I don't think anybody is saying we weren't poor. However, decisions like that can change games and it's ridiculous to just completely dismiss something like that.

• Like 1

The Southampton game was awful too, and we won that one.

We could have won this one if not for Benteke's appalling form and an absolute tool of a referee.

Complete and utter delusion. 

Thanks for that, I stand corrected. In the face of such an onslaught of undeniable facts that prove your case beyond all doubt I can only hang my head in shame and say "You're absolutely right, well argued."

Guzan: 6 - Steady

Bacuna: 2 - Terrible, not sure why Lowton doesnt start and Bacuna potentially in midfield?

Baker: 4 - Terrible

Clark: 7 - My MOM, he was solid.

Herd: 6 - Did better than I thought.

KEA: 4 - Non existant.

Westwood: 3 - Needs longer spikes and a better freekick/corner...I hate these floaters.

Delph: 6 - Best out of a bad bunch, will be sorely missed Vs Man U

Weimann: 2 - Terrible, non existant...needs benched.

Gabby: 5 - At least he tried I guess.

Benteke 5 - No service.

Tonev 5: Meh

Albrighton 5: Looked hungry

Lowton 5: Looked hungry and far better than Bacuna at RB.

Mike Dean: 0 and should be reprimanded for his terrible refereeing.

Lambert: 4 - Subs too late (Albrighton & Lowton)...

Â