• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 45)
    • Lowton (for Herd 81)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 81)

Benteke's form is a real problem. He was atrocious today. Absolutely no inclination to try to run at them like he used to. Instead he made half-arsed attempts to win headers and make back passes, which on almost every single occasion ended up with the opposition. I thought Kozak was bad at holding it up, but this twin brother of Benteke is far worse, and doesn't know how to score a goal.

Benteke had no service because the players around him were crap.

I think it's absolutely pathetic that anybody that mentions the refereeing decisions as a factor (and they were) and isn't screaming about how bad everything connected to Villa is just gets bombarded with insults like "delusion" etc.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Delph was probably the best player well in the first half. Subbing el ahmadi was a mistake Weiman should of gone off or Westwood. Get the poor players off the pitch.It was a big ask for Herd to come in at CB. I have no idea what the formation was for the 2nd half.

That penalty was a carbon copy of the one Chelsea got in the last minute against WBA a few weeks ago. The Fulham bloke ran off his line, bumped into Bacuna and then dropped like he was shot. Mike Dean was in perfect position for it too. And then Gabby's looked a clear foul and Riise also blocked a goal-bound shot with his arm.

That said, I thought Karagounis and Parker did a wonderful job refereeing this game.

Playing with Weimann is like starting the game with 10 men at the moment. I can forgive Benteke because the only service he gets is a big old hoof up the guts. 

Edited by Ponky
  • Like 1

Sounds like a bad performance. In the context of the play, it sounds like we really missed Vlaar's defensive organisation. Saw the replay for the penalty, never, ever a penalty. Shocking. He literally throw himself into Bacuna.

Yet, if it was a penalty, and Bacuna was last man, why no booking? Mind boggling. Gabby's shout was as clear cut as you can get. Infuriating to be let down by the officials. However, de-spiriting to lose in a manner against an obviously re-rejuvenated Fulham. Move on to the next game.

What is going on with Benteke? He's become our albatross.

I thought we were poor but not quite as bad as people are making out. Two things shaped that game for me: the absence of Vlaar and the ridiculous penalty decisions.

Also, how shit is Niall Quinn as a commentator? Who the **** are Guzman and Wisemann? And what's with the "Scotty" Parker bollocks? **** imbecile.

A real stinker and Fulham played the way in which I want us to play but they had better players than us and were better balanced.

Experience eh, who wants it?

Fulham are also 6 points behind us with a far worse goal difference. They may have been good today but they've been very poor for most of the season and Jol's transfer policy is one of the reasons why they're in this mess. It's better to look at the bigger picture.

You are deluded!

Care to explain why you think that instead of just throwing names around?

I thought we were poor but not quite as bad as people are making out. Two things shaped that game for me: the absence of Vlaar and the ridiculous penalty decisions.

Also, how shit is Niall Quinn as a commentator? Who the **** are Guzman and Wisemann? And what's with the "Scotty" Parker bollocks? **** imbecile.

A real stinker and Fulham played the way in which I want us to play but they had better players than us and were better balanced.

Experience eh, who wants it?

Fulham are also 6 points behind us with a far worse goal difference. They may have been good today but they've been very poor for most of the season and Jol's transfer policy is one of the reasons why they're in this mess. It's better to look at the bigger picture.

They completely dominated us and the reason for that was their players were better than ours.

The bigger picture eh? So the 'improvement continues. 

If their players are so much better than ours then how come we're still 6 points ahead of them?

Who said anything about improvement? All I'm saying is that before you wax lyrical about how good Fulham supposedly are bear in mind that we were 9 points ahead of them going into this game and that they've been shit for most of the season, including Saint Dimitar who had his first good game in months.

Oh dear, the referee is being blamed for the result by some... 

If anybody on here thinks actually doesn't think 2-0 was flattering for us, then can they DM me and let me know what they are smoking? It would be much appreciated... 

I don't think anybody is blaming the referee solely for the results and I don't think anybody is saying we weren't poor. However, decisions like that can change games and it's ridiculous to just completely dismiss something like that.

And yet they still beat us comfortably.

I can guarantee that nearly everybody would've thought the Fulham penalty was the correct decision if it had gone our way. Clear contact, doesn't matter if it was unintentional or not. Once you make contact like that you are always asking for it...

• Like 1

I thought Fulham were not that good but they still easily outplayed us

I didn't think theirs was a penalty, nor did I think ours was - that said we deserved nothing from the game

Vlaar and Luna were badly missed - we've got a thin squad so with Okore and Bennett not available too, we are scraping the barrel

It's Lambert's job to sort this out but he must be expecting a bit more from some of the players - I thought Weimann and Benteke were very poor indeed today.

Westwood and KEA both had shockers, however they often had nothing ahead of them to pass to

Without Vlaar to cover behind, Bacuna looks a liability at RB - not sure what is going no with Lowton but we need him fit and motivated and back in the back four

Finally, what a prat Naill Quinn is!

Benteke's form is a real problem. He was atrocious today. Absolutely no inclination to try to run at them like he used to. Instead he made half-arsed attempts to win headers and make back passes, which on almost every single occasion ended up with the opposition. I thought Kozak was bad at holding it up, but this twin brother of Benteke is far worse, and doesn't know how to score a goal.

Of course he isn't required to play football at all. His job is to just wait in the box and expect "service". He might get some service if he didn't head the ball back to the oppo every time the ball comes near him.

Pretty sure Gabby put one on his head which Benteke headed wide!

The Southampton game was awful too, and we won that one.

We could have won this one if not for Benteke's appalling form and an absolute tool of a referee.

Complete and utter delusion. 

Thanks for that, I stand corrected. In the face of such an onslaught of undeniable facts that prove your case beyond all doubt I can only hang my head in shame and say "You're absolutely right, well argued."

No stats or facts needed. I just watched the game.

I can guarantee that nearly everybody would've thought the Fulham penalty was the correct decision if it had gone our way. Clear contact, doesn't matter if it was unintentional or not. Once you make contact like that you are always asking for it...

LMAO

No. Kacaniklic leans into Bacuna which causes him to clip his ankles and he falls down dramatically. Not a penalty.

If that was a penalty then Gabby's was 100%. I'd be perfectly happy to see neither of them given, but to give one and then not the more obvious other one is a disgrace.

• Like 1

LMAO

No. Kacaniklic leans into Bacuna which causes him to clip his ankles and he falls down dramatically. Not a penalty.

My blue-nose brother-in-law confirms "no penatly"

I think Benteke had 3 shots and 2 of them were on target. That's encouraging IMO. He's getting closer and to be fair he's not getting anywhere near the same amount of space from defenders as he was last season.

Still, if you are going to play hoofball and bypass the midfield use two big lumps up front and use actual wingers.

Tactics at the moment are a little bit this and a little bit this and a whole lot shit.

I think it's absolutely pathetic that anybody that mentions the refereeing decisions as a factor (and they were) and isn't screaming about how bad everything connected to Villa is just gets bombarded with insults like "delusion" etc.

Also think it's pathetic that posters don't accept what's in front of them even though Fulham outplayed us in every aspect of the game.

just awful. didn't turn up at all.

clark did well at times as did herd but herd was pulled out of position too much.

bacuna looked lost 1st half got skinned repeatedly.

westwood spent the game falling over.

benteke's first touch was nothing short of diabolical.

andi was anonymous.

gabby did some good work but struggled to get enough of the ball thanks to sloppy sloppy passing/hoofball.

delph just couldn't get into the game, some good touches but largely just running around struggling to be enough of a nuisance.

tonev also anonymous minus one cross/shot/clearance(if you

can even call it any of those) that made its way to row z.

motm guzan made some brilliant saves some nother so convincing but it would have been much worse than 2-0 without him.

baker and whoever was in midfield 1st half I noticed very little, don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

albrigton was ok, lowton looked a bit lost at the back but a good cross late.

oh and Lambert, probably worst of the lot. herd should not have started, and to make 2subs with 10 minutes to go after 80 minutes of Being dominated by a poor fulham team is mind boggling.

big picture,

were still 10th but the way we are playing well be looking below more than looking up imo. but points on the board is better than games in hand and all that

have I missed anything ?

/rant

Â