Ashley Young

suttonpaul

Fell to the floor on the edge of the box looking for a foul within a couple of minutes of coming on today and then was largely anonymous.

He was a terrific player for us, annoyingly lured away to a much bigger team where he hasn't lived up to the expectation.

Would I want him back? In the current climate of course as we have no one of his ability but I do wonder whether he is a spent force already and would be like another Ireland/Collymore.

Fell to the floor on the edge of the box looking for a foul within a couple of minutes of coming on today and then was largely anonymous.

He was a terrific player for us, annoyingly lured away to a much bigger team where he hasn't lived up to the expectation.

Would I want him back? In the current climate of course as we have no one of his ability but I do wonder whether he is a spent force already and would be like another Ireland/Collymore.

I think he is well worth the risk. Young and Albrighton on the wings whipping in crosses; it'll be like 2011 all over again. Where's Houllier? 

he has lost his pace and his confidence, When he was here he used to dribble past defenders for fun but since 2009 he hasnt done that. his delivery is pathetic as well.. for me he has no footballing brain either to change his game

we arent great but young would not be a solution

This. I can't see why anybody would want aside from nostalgia and some blind hope that he'd play like it's 2009.

He's been poor for ManU, even worse for England and wasn't particularly impressive in his last couple of years here

Indeed. His crossing in his last season or two for us was bloody woeful.

I think he is well worth the risk. Young and Albrighton on the wings whipping in crosses; it'll be like 2011 all over again. Where's Houllier? 

Except Houllier persisted with him in the hole where he was shite.

We've been shiite since he left. Nearly got us Champions League 3 seasons in a row, a cup final and a cup semi-final literally on his own....nearly every goal/assist we got came from him...his stats were incredible. Hence why Man U paid £20 for him with only 1 year left on his contract I suppose.

It's never really worked out for him there but I will always have fond memories of his time at VP.

Edited by supernova26

We've been shiite since he left. Nearly got us Champions League 3 seasons in a row, a cup final and a cup semi-final literally on his own....nearly every goal/assist we got came from him...his stats were incredible. Hence why Man U paid £20 for him with only 1 year left on his contract I suppose.

It's never really worked out for him there but I will always have fond memories of his time at VP.

I'd be very disappointed if Randy only managed to get 20 quid for him...

• Like 3

I agree with you about 08/09 and 07/08. But in 09/10 he started to decline and it was Milner who was the driving force behind the champions league challenge and 6th place finish. Milner was incredible that year.

• Like 1

After 5 yrs of diving and performing like bum one half decent performance with put him in the headlines. Still a piece of shit that I don't want anywhere near b6. Fans are so funny sometimes.

People forget that Young left on good terms and still appreciated by the fans.  Then came THAT dive.

Anyway he's twice the player of anyone else in our squad except for that Benteke bloke.  (he's three times the player of him ;))

If he hadn't dived against us most of you saying you don't want him would love to have him back.

i wouldnt, i thought his last 2 seasons at villa were dreadful and hasnt done anything at United. Gareth Barry was the reason Young looked a great player, when Barry left he never recovered as he had no footballing brain

Edited by Zatman

Â