Ashley Young

suttonpaul

Some posts on here turning our noses up at Ashley Young? Sometimes even VT surprises me.

Yep would rather have quality like Tonev or extremely consistent talent like Weimann in there.

Young may not cut it at the 'top' but he'd walk straight into our first team and improve us considerably.

• Like 3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2523515/Ashley-Young-diver-says-Paul-Lambert.html

He dived to win pen at Old Trafford last season and no doubt will try on Sunday... Madness, just wish Lambert would shut up before games and say no comment.... Did it against West Brom and then calling Fulham team OLD.which probably spurred them on.. just shut up before games mate and stop commenting on opposition

Some posts on here turning our noses up at Ashley Young? Sometimes even VT surprises me.

Yep would rather have quality like Tonev or extremely consistent talent like Weimann in there.

Young may not cut it at the 'top' but he'd walk straight into our first team and improve us considerably.

I agree he would be one of the first names on the team sheet for us.

The fact he hasn't quite cut it at Utd is no reason to believe he wouldn't still be very good for us. There are huge pressures that come with playing for Utd and he isn't the first player not be able to handle that. You can of course throw in the fact he has had a few injuries.

He was very good for us in his 4 and a half years here and for the most part always put a shift in. Going forward we often lack a spark and Ash could certainly still provide that. As a wide player he is a step up from Tonev and Albrighton and he can also play just behind the striker something no other player in the squad seems capable of doing for us.

He won't be coming back though.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

He was decent for us and we made a good profit on him, but the dives are annoying. 

He was decent?? He was excellent for us, don’t let whats happened cloud our judgements.

We had about 3 good years for him until he decided under Houllier that he was a striker and captain. Which didn't work. But yes at his best he was very good for us, a investment in a promising player which paid off.

Put it this way I will take a 28 year old Ashley Young who has shown he can do it at this level over someone who has only done it in lesser leagues/divisions any day of the week.

I have believed for some time we lack proven quality at this level. Ashley Young is most definitely proven quality at this level. Maybe not good enough for the reigning Prem Champions but easily good enough for us.

It won't happen though. Proven quality costs, certainly in terms of wages, and we are no longer shopping in that market.

• Like 1

he has lost his pace and his confidence, When he was here he used to dribble past defenders for fun but since 2009 he hasnt done that. his delivery is pathetic as well.. for me he has no footballing brain either to change his game

we arent great but young would not be a solution

he has lost his pace and his confidence, When he was here he used to dribble past defenders for fun but since 2009 he hasnt done that. his delivery is pathetic as well.. for me he has no footballing brain either to change his game

we arent great but young would not be a solution

This. I can't see why anybody would want aside from nostalgia and some blind hope that he'd play like it's 2009.

He's been poor for ManU, even worse for England and wasn't particularly impressive in his last couple of years here

Â