Ashley Young

suttonpaul

I think a club like West Brom would suit him. It's his level, he would get in their team, and he wouldn't be out of place and under enormous pressure every game like you are when you play for a huge club like Man U.

Some posts on here turning our noses up at Ashley Young? Sometimes even VT surprises me.

Pretty much this.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat if the wage issue could be sorted.

Better than anything else we've got at the moment creatively.

He's a good player who instead of progressing has gone backwards because 1. He's the type of player who needs to be the big fish, 2. He's hasn't worked hard enough to become two footed so when on the left he always just cuts in on his right foot. His excessive diving means fans will always turn on him but he does put a shift in for the team and gets back and defends well.

West Brom finished in 8th place last season, check the table. Now is he is not good enough on his last 4 years form to get get into Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton Spurs or the 2 Manchester clubs midfield. So which is the next club after those 7? West Bromwich Albion.

West Brom finished in 8th place last season, check the table. Now is he is not good enough on his last 4 years form to get get into Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton Spurs or the 2 Manchester clubs midfield. So which is the next club after those 7? West Bromwich Albion.

I understand what youre saying but your logic is poor, look where Albion are now. He could walk into any club outside of the current top 6. He'd even out up a decent fight to get into spurs and evertons teams.

I understand what youre saying but your logic is poor, look where Albion are now. He could walk into any club outside of the current top 6. He'd even out up a decent fight to get into spurs and evertons teams.

Would he though? Based on performances I don't think he'd get anywhere near Spurs or even Everton. Whenever he gets a chance at Manure, he doesn't do anything apart from run, run and run or dive for a penalty.

• Like 1

He wouldn't get in the Newcastle midfield either. Looking at the current table, the highest placed team he could get into would be Southampton or Swansea.

Even then he'd be challenging for a position I think, honestly his best bet in my opinion would be to move on to a team like Swansea as you say to prove his worth once again. To be fair though he has a contract with United for another 2 seasons after this one, I can't see him taking a pay cut and I haven't once seen him come out to say he needs first team football etc.

He is part of the squad at Manchester United, he is a Manchester United footballer on about £90k if not more a week. He has a contract until he his 30, at which point I am sure he'll try and grab whatever he can, but until then or until United decide to recoup as much money as they can from him he will probably stay put.

The talent is still there though, when did he last have a proper run in the man u team? By that I mean at least half a dozen games in a row. He needs to be playing and his confidence will come back. You laught at Mon praising him and yes he exaggerated but it got the best out of him. This was a player that won 3 player of the month awards in a calendar year. He also was close to the most assists in a season. The only reason Newcastle wouldn't have him is beacuase he's not French. Seriously though Lambert could get the best out of him again.

Â