Ashley Young

suttonpaul

Somebody move this to Off-Topic or American Sports, not sure which covers topics about divers.

Is there a topic even on the high dive? Not many posters I imagine want to discuss swimming especially this time of the year. 

To be honest, he could be an excellent loan signing. Imagine him and Gabby swapping wings and him crossing to Benteke/Kozak. Could be a lethal combination for our counter attacking team

Imagine him being on £80k a week.

Exactly.

Something the OP is clearly oblivious too. It's pretty obvious we're on a budget so it's completely out of the question.

I liked Young and thought he went about his move to ewenited with enough respect for Villa, especially when you look at how backhandedly Downing went about it. But, with very few exceptions, I always believe you should never go back.

Financially, its always going to be a no-no anyway, but should and won't ever happen.

To be honest, he could be an excellent loan signing. Imagine him and Gabby swapping wings and him crossing to Benteke/Kozak. Could be a lethal combination for our counter attacking team

Imagine him being on £80k a week.

Exactly.

Something the OP is clearly oblivious too. It's pretty obvious we're on a budget so it's completely out of the question.

Do you think that Everton are paying Gareth Barry's £110k per week? Try a quarter of that and you will probably be close to the mark.

That said, Young, no thanks. He was okay for us for a while, even had his "world class" moments according to some, but the reality is that he was always a diving little shit, of limited use to any side.

One for West Ham or Fulham I think.

I thought he was great under Oneill but he hasn't been the same since the euros. He's a player that could give us a lot but Lambert won't be interested in a loan signing. Its not like were desperate for points. 

Edited by PaulC

Â