Ashley Young

suttonpaul

As much as i hate him i would love to see him in a villa shirt again..i think both kozak and benteket would thrive with him in the team..

I dont care if villa play with 11 grade a tits on the pitch as long as we are winning and it's enjoyable to watch..

i dont think our strikers would thrive with him, Young hasnt delivered a good cross in years. they either hit 1st man or float aimlessly over the bar. He was like that at Villa near the end as well

Young will end up at Spurs..........................Thank God.

I heard Everton, from a guy who says he's mates with him

(which could mean he says hello in a bar and gets his photo taken with him, every now and then)

Complete tosser, basically knows that he dives but doesn't care and puts the blame onto referees as they are the decision makers.

Refs have it hard enough without such methods of cheating, admitting to it and then trying to blame them for giving decisions is ridiculous.

He is a tosser for being a diver, but he has a point (not properly read the article, I assume it says Refs should make right decisions). Referees are suckered in too easily by diving, so even the most obvious dive can easily be given. Take pretty much any dive by Young, or the Fulham one at the weekend, or Ramires v WBA, the list of obvious dives which aren't penalised or rewarded goes on. Referees invite the added pressure of players diving on themselves by either not punishing them heavily enough or by falling for them. I have absolutely zero sympathy for Ref's when it comes to diving. However, I do also think a video review or challenge system wouldn't be a bad idea to implement to aid them.

What do people think of giving straights reds for diving?

Only in situations where it was absolutely 100% clear of course but it might make the players think twice.

ps I think Young is pretty much the symbol of why England are where we are.

Bit of ability - Yes

Mentality of a winner - No

How many times has he been told he's world class - Too many times

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

He is a tosser for being a diver, but he has a point (not properly read the article, I assume it says Refs should make right decisions). Referees are suckered in too easily by diving, so even the most obvious dive can easily be given. Take pretty much any dive by Young, or the Fulham one at the weekend, or Ramires v WBA, the list of obvious dives which aren't penalised or rewarded goes on. Referees invite the added pressure of players diving on themselves by either not punishing them heavily enough or by falling for them. I have absolutely zero sympathy for Ref's when it comes to diving. However, I do also think a video review or challenge system wouldn't be a bad idea to implement to aid them.

I agree that referees are suckered in by it, but they have to make an instant decision which as you also say needs looking at to be fair. Video challenges would be great.

However Ashley Young is blaming the referees for this, basically a case of 'yes I dive but the refs call it so its there fault.' I can't agree with that at all, if you've set out to cheat its your fault, you have gone out of your way to influence the game by cheating. That isn't the referees fault, it just shows he is a grade A chump.

• Like 1

You'd think that the refs would read these sort of things and be less inclined to fall for the theatrics from players like Young, Bale and Suarez. If I was Chris Foy this Sunday and Young goes down in the box I'd tell him to grow a pair and get the **** up (unless it's a dropkick to the chest kind of challenge), it's stunning that they allow themselves to be tricked by these players over and over again.

• Like 2

You would also think there would be punishment for such actions, like the whole booking/match fixing scandal at the moment. It isn't any different, cheating for a penalty is fixing the game just as much as being booked on purpose is, of course it doesn't seem like anybody is making money from this outside of the FA so they don't care.

What do people think of giving straights reds for diving?

Only in situations where it was absolutely 100% clear of course but it might make the players think twice.

ps I think Young is pretty much the symbol of why England are where we are.

Bit of ability - Yes

Mentality of a winner - No

How many times has he been told he's world class - Too many times

MON saying Ash was world class and on par with Messi and Ronaldo was the ultimate cringe.

He left us in reasonable circumstances for the best club in the league, unlike Barry or Downing.

Nothing unreasonable about Barry's leaving. We got a hell of a fee for him, and his long service was rewarded with the opportunity to go and win something.

Downing was probably a bit unreasonable, but Faulkner did such a good job of extracting a massive fee for him, we were always the winners.

Indeed, when you consider those three transfers, all of which could be seen as overpriced, it just shows that Faulkner is no mug.

Stephen-Ireland-001.jpg

Edited by dodgyknees

He left us in reasonable circumstances for the best club in the league, unlike Barry or Downing.

Nothing unreasonable about Barry's leaving. We got a hell of a fee for him, and his long service was rewarded with the opportunity to go and win something.

Downing was probably a bit unreasonable, but Faulkner did such a good job of extracting a massive fee for him, we were always the winners.

Indeed, when you consider those three transfers, all of which could be seen as overpriced, it just shows that Faulkner is no mug.

Well, it's not very difficult to get a good price when we don't want or need to sell, and the player is English and performing at a high level. Why would we settle for 12M for Downing given his contract and importance to the team, the selling club is always going to decline and then accept a higher offer when it comes along. Basic negotiation, and we got exactly what he was worth to us and them at the time. We also know that Downing is/was a very professional and honest player, he is not the type to go on strike and cause a stir. The 18M was the right sum for a player with 7 goals and 9 assists, under contract, English and at the right age.

I think diving is dealt with quite well in-game, but I think a blatent dive should result in a 3 match ban after the game. Also, players who go down holding their face when they clearly haven't been touched should get at least a 1 match ban. It's such an obvious fix to the problem that I dont know how it hasn't been brought in.

It would soon make players act like men again, instead of total fannys. I cringe whenever I see it and the vast majority of players that do it should be ashamed with themselves.

• Like 2

Â