*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

No defending that, I can't think of a single good reason for saving the actual death until next season. It'll almost certainly be spoiled too by various actors being spotted during filming for season 7, and one being missing. They gave away Glen's fake death earlier in the season, plus Aaron's debut and Jesus's. 

Negan didn't swear enough. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogso said:

No defending that, I can't think of a single good reason for saving the actual death until next season. It'll almost certainly be spoiled too by various actors being spotted during filming for season 7, and one being missing. They gave away Glen's fake death earlier in the season, plus Aaron's debut and Jesus's. 

Negan didn't swear enough. 

The way they hyped Negans debut I thought he was literally going to say three four words then just start hammering someone, but instead he is waffling on for about 5-10 minutes. i reckon I could have made Negans debut more vicious than that. It was pretty lame

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The way they hyped Negans debut I thought he was literally going to say three four words then just start hammering someone, but instead he is waffling on for about 5-10 minutes. i reckon I could have made Negans debut more vicious than that. It was pretty lame

Yeah the way he rambled on for a lifetime really took the tension out of the situation. Soooo boring. And what he said was nothing special either. Almost as if it was adlibbed. Badly. 

When he said who is pissing their pants I thought wow this is going to epic he is going to take a couple of out straight away...you wait....and wait...and wait and nothing happens.Like JB says the tension was completely taken off.

When he said taken it like a champ, I am thinking it might be abraham

Edited by Demitri_C

That's the kind of contempt shown to fans that makes me walk away on principle. I don't like the show enough to keep bending over for them like that. And then they do that.

Couple of positives though. Jeffrey Dean Morgan played Negan well in that scene, though obviously they toned him down a bit for TV (he has a terrible potty mouth in the comics) and it was nice seeing Mr Trevor Phillips himself (and by that I mean actor Steven Ogg of GTA V fame) make an appearance. Love that guy.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's the kind of contempt shown to fans that makes me walk away on principle. I don't like the show enough to keep bending over for them like that. And then they do that.

Same here. I've only ever watched it as a last resort out of pure boredom. I did get into it over the past few weeks in the build-up to Negan's arrival. But if they can balls up such a brilliant opportunity then I don't see the point in wasting any more of my time on it. 

• Like 1

I bet all of ye will watch the first episode of the next series [emoji185]

How much? I'll avoid it just to win the bet. I'm petty like that. Fifty quid.

• Like 2

Couple of positives though. Jeffrey Dean Morgan played Negan well in that scene, though obviously they toned him down a bit for TV (he has a terrible potty mouth in the comics) and it was nice seeing Mr Trevor Phillips himself (and by that I mean actor Steven Ogg of GTA V fame) make an appearance. Love that guy.

Apparently they shot the scene twice with his introductory speech lifted direct from the comics for the Blu-Ray release.

9 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

I bet all of ye will watch the first episode of the next series :ph34r:

I'm non convinced they'll tell you in the first episode.

Also, I had to laugh when the big evil guy had manners enough to say 'catch a tiger' whilst eenie meanie-ing

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jon_c said:

I'm non convinced they'll tell you in the first episode.

Also, I had to laugh when the big evil guy had manners enough to say 'catch a tiger' whilst eenie meanie-ing

I agree with Ginko, Morgan played Negan well, it was just poorly produced. I think they tried to make Negan look unpredictable like the comics.

I expect the first few episodes will be Rick giving up as he feels is no match for Negan and the saviours then midway through Morgan will get through to him that they need to fight back. then they come across that kingdom...

I reckon they wont go straight to who is dead, i think it will be a few months later and we may get a flashback. That will be absolutely lame and ill stop watching if he does that. It has to start immediately from where we left off

From what the producers and actors are saying about holding back the actual death, it'll certainly be shown in the first episode of the next series. There's some rubbish about it being used to start the next season because it 'leads in to a whole new storyline'. No **** shit.

At least the comics are getting interesting again, plus there's Fear the Walking Dead starting again next week...???

Â