*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

Yeah it's a bit more Z Nation than Walking Dead for me, ZN having done a Zombie Baby (twice, kinda) with hilarious results. It'd be gross but naw I don't think they'd do it either. It does raise a valid question though, of course a baby doesnt grow teeth in the womb, but it does have nails...

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Can they really drag Negan on for 3 seasons? i doubt it

Oh, they certaintly can. In fact, to do the character justice, and the storylines with not just Rick but others close to him, they must.

23 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Which characters are non comic and created solely for the show?

I know Darryl and Merle were, how about Carol?

Carol is kind of like Comic Andrea. Comic Andrea from a very early point was a crackshot, and has been something of a badass in the TV Carol vein. Comic Carol is long gone, but Comic Sophia is still alive, her and Coral had a thing for a time. There's some stuff in past seasons they've swapped about with as well as the recent TV Denise death, the most significant being Comic Dale being alive up to his "TAINTED MEAT!" death which was taken by TV Bob for the show.

And on the subject TV Sasha is not in the comics, but Comic Andrea was in a relationship with Comic Dale - and Sasha is now pretty handy with a rifle. There's some suggestion Sasha might become Comic Andrea, and her character now is almost more of a fit for Comic Andrea than TV Carol. The backstory for TV Carol is the same as Comic Carol if memory serves, it seems as though the writers of the show decided not to kill her off and have then spliced her with some bits of Comic Andrea, but also making her something totally unique.

There are probably more examples, but the above is what comes to mind. Should it be surprising that a character written exclusively for TV is one of the better ones? I wonder. For what it's worth, Comic Dwight's weapon of choice is the crossbow, which did lend itself quite nicely to him nicking it off Daryl. I'm a total mark for that kind of stuff, so loved it.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, troon_villan said:

No chance! That's bloody grim to read at lunchtime

I like when a show or film says : "Screw your sensibilities.  We're not taking YOUR trajectory" :) and does something genuinely shocking.

Anyone who has seen the film Anthropophagus knows what I'm talking about :) (probably only @Designer1...)

• Like 1

Carol turning heel would be shocking but not in a good way. It makes no sense considering she's struggling with murdering living people she doesn't know, let alone her friends she's been with (more or less) since the first season.

Not that anyone was necessarily being serious ;)

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Blimey, that's a blast from the past Bri! :D

Still banned in the UK :crylaugh: Probably for the scene I'm referring to.

I thought that too actually, plus there are the on going rumours of him doing something with Kojima and/or del Toro. I don't think you can read too much in to it though. As it happens the actor who plays Heath has a big role in the new 24, and the actor who plays Aaron is apparently a very well regarded impersonator and may go in to that...does that mean they will die, due to other commitments? Perhaps. But perhaps not.

Morgan would be no loss to the show IMO.  So in that sense it would be underwhelming.  But I'd rather lose someone like that who I don't give a toss about than lose someone like Daryl which would just plain suck.  Drama be damned.  You'd ruin the show and probably lose a lot of viewers and all for one measly 'OMG' moment. 

55 minutes ago, hogso said:

I thought that too actually, plus there are the on going rumours of him doing something with Kojima and/or del Toro. I don't think you can read too much in to it though. As it happens the actor who plays Heath has a big role in the new 24, and the actor who plays Aaron is apparently a very well regarded impersonator and may go in to that...does that mean they will die, due to other commitments? Perhaps. But perhaps not.

I think heath will be killed off soon, but him being killed alone would be  a flop. So he could be killed along with either Morgan/Glenn/Abraham/Daryl

I still think killing Eugene would be a shocker as he seems like the friendly geek. Negan just wiping him out with not even blinking would be ruthless and shock the fans

Edited by Demitri_C

I'm still of the opinion it has to be Glenn or Daryl.

If it's more of a peripheral character then Negan loses much of his initial impact, and that's hugely important to the next season.

I'm gonna go with Glenn.

• Like 1

They'd better pick it up soon.  There are only so many times you can do the exact same episode and they've reached that now.  By which I mean "Supplies are low.  Let's go on a run.  Encounter baddies and/or zombies.  Fight.  Maybe lose peripheral character. Get home in time for tea".

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I'm still of the opinion it has to be Glenn or Daryl.

If it's more of a peripheral character then Negan loses much of his initial impact, and that's hugely important to the next season.

I'm gonna go with Glenn.

Id be happy if it was Glenn as his charchters gone a bit stale. Does not add much to the series. I think a lot of people dont expect to be Glenn as was in comic, thats why it may happen

Hope its not daryl that for me would kill the show, he is literally the only badass Rick has 

its a 90 minute episode this week, so i think they are probably going to fit a lot in this week

Morgan looking for Carol

Daryls status

Negans introduction

Negans Rampage

I honestly cannot wait for this weeks episode I think it is going to be epic

Â