Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

smetrov

I'd like to see Albrighton get a bit of a run out as a sub now that he's back. He can offer a lot more than Tonev or Jordan bloody Bowery.

I'm not sure any of those players will give us the type of performance we need yet but i'm intrigued to see what Lambert has in mind for Albrighton?

Assuming Luna, Gabby, Weimann and Delph are fit to start then this is how we should line up:

Guzan

Lowton

Vlaar

Clark

Luna

Delph

Westwood

Bacuna

Gabby

Weimann

Benteke

Lowton needs to come back in at right back and Bacuna now needs to be pushed into midfield alongside Westwood and Delph. That to me is currently our strongest side and should be great going forwards. We click today and get a goal inside the first 20 minutes I can see us winning this comfortably 3 or 4-0.

Edited by markavfc40

All systems go today lads. Best team will be on the park (perhaps with the exception of one player depending on your own ideas). But we've got our front three back and it's time to get back to winning ways :P :P

I get the feeling that it'll essentially be the team that started away at Norwich with Tonev in acm.

All systems go today lads. Best team will be on the park (perhaps with the exception of one player depending on your own ideas). But we've got our front three back and it's time to get back to winning ways :P :P

Looking forward to it. Hopefully Tonev can show all of us what he's showing the coaching staff in training.

I actually feel really confident about today, even if we do go 0-1 down I feel we can get back into it.. I would've given us no chance last season to do something like this. (Come back from losing position)

Benteke to score two today.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

My youngest boy supports Sunderland (yes, like me, he enjoys a challenge) so in these games against each other we are both happy to take draws. 

I felt really sorry for him last year, though I loved the fantastic football we played that day.

Being a mackem is nothing a good beating won't sort out, surely?

• Like 2

My youngest boy supports Sunderland (yes, like me, he enjoys a challenge) so in these games against each other we are both happy to take draws. 

I felt really sorry for him last year, though I loved the fantastic football we played that day.

Being a mackem is nothing a good beating won't sort out, surely?

Gotten too big!

Ok with it though, at least he is supporting a proper team, not some glory team.

• Like 1

We need both Weimeann and Gabby to be in the starting XI.. they can feed Benteke with the supply he needs. Could see a hammering if the three can click...it's been a while since we've seen them all perform together to their potential though :(