Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

smetrov

A must win.

Why?

We're against the team at the bottom of the league with the worst away record in the league.

It's a must win because it should, in theory, be one of the 'easier' games to win in comparison to others. The points could prove a vital difference between success and failure this season.

He deffo has something. Huge change in the pace of the game from what he was used to. I'm not saying he'll ever be as good as Gabby but I think a goal will get him off and running properly.

Are we thinking he'll retain his place ahead of Andi coming back?
Sure hope not. He's useless.

VT poster in premature judgement shocker

You post more mocking the opinions of others than actually about villa.

Why don't you start a thread about other posters where you can do this and let people share their opinions on the club on a forum about the club.

quite worried about the fact they have only two away goals, don't get away points etc. etc. 

any confirmed lineup news yet? if we play to our potential with our strongest XI out I would fancy us for the 3 points. would be nice to get a good run of home form going, and this would be back to back wins at home which would be amazing and start to put to bed the psychological block we seem to have developed whilst playing in front of our own fans.

that said we could just as easily be dead nervy again the longer it stays 0-0 and start to play the wobbly disjointed stuff again! rollercoaster...

Hoping to see Lowton get the nod with Bacuna placed in the midfield with Westwood and Delph. If Lowton can rediscover his form then I feel our best team would be:

Guzan

Lowton   Ron     Clark      Luna

Bacuna   Westwood  Delph

Andi                     Gabby

Benteke

Well wonder who gets the blame today if we don't win. Best team is out there. Playing the way everyone likes them to play. I'd say it is down to the players today to do the business.

ps - that's the team yip :P

Lambert's job is more then to just pick the team though. If the players don't perform (as they rarely do at home) then that is a reflection on him.

Nervous for this one. We really should be winning this, as it's a great opportunity to get into the top half since the other fixtures are somewhat in our favour. I just hope we don't throw it away by being overly confident because of what happened last time, as it could lead to a bit of complacency. Hopefully it won't be the case though, and a comfy win is on the way. Fingers crossed.

Sunderland have lost lost 12 of their 15 Premier League away games in the calendar year. Fancy them to have someone sent-off. With the team practically full-strength, we should win this as long as the team starts well and settles early.

• Like 1