Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

smetrov

Don't really like Clarke (at all) - not great at FB - But guess we don't have options.....

Tonev still gets the nod over Weiman for me.

Other than that the team that finished last night. A win could see us sitting quite nicely in the table. Won't be easy though, as I reckon sunderland will park the bus - and hope for a point

i think we are best off with 5 at the back, sticking Bacuna on the left side and bringing Lowton in on the right

Guzan

Lowton Baker Vlaar Clark Bacuna

El Ahmadi Westwood Delph

Benteke Agbonlahor

then we're less likely to concede when we counter-attack with width. if we play like this and arent winning the game we've got the option to take any one of the backline out, bar Vlaar, and stick Tonev, Kozak, Weimann or any other up front to push with a bit more energy late on

Guzan

Baker Vlaar Clark

Bacuna Westwood El Ahmadi Delph

Agbonlahor, Benteke,  Weimann

We have to figure a way of getting the three up front with a strong midfield 3 and the only way is 3 at the back with Bacuna playing as a wing back. 

Edited by PaulC

I'd like to see a 4-4-1-1 as follows

.................Guzan

Lowton.Vlaar.Clarke.Luna (if fit)

Bacuna.Delph.Westwood.Gabby

...............Weimann

...............Benteke

It could easily adapt to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 if needed

I actually think it would be harsh on Kozak, KEA and Tonev to drop to the bench however, that's what a squad is for!

• Like 1

Should be looking to win this kind of game, though Wes Brown being back is big for them. I'd play 433 but ask Westwood to play a more advanced role. He did it well in the second half last night and if he sits deep our midfield 3 lack the penetration for a home game. So:

Guzan

Bacuna

Vlaar

Clark

Luna

El Ahmadi

Westwood

Delph

Weimann

Benteke

Agbonlahor

If it's not working we have numerous options to go 442 with the likes of Lowton/Tonev/Kozak on the bench.

Another close encounter, but at least the boys are riding a wave of confidence after coming back from 2-0 down away against fierce rivals.

I reckon it will be either 2-1 Villa and another step towards progressing up the table.

Sunderland will already be looking at this and games like it as 'must not lose' games. Don't know how great that is for us. We got away with it against Cardiff, need it to drop for us in front of goal.

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Clark

Westwood Delph El-Ahmadi

Weimann Benteke Agbonlahor

Think we'll do it 2-1.