Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

smetrov

If everyone is fit this is the team I would go with.

Guzan

Bacuna   Vlaar      Clark       Luna

KEA    Westwood    Delph

Weimann                                Agbonlahor

Benteke

Id rather put Lowton at RB and Bacuna on the right of midfield.

I agree with this - I much prefer Lowton at RB and think him and Luna as our full backs would offer much more going forward. But with a 4-3-3 I wouldn't have bacuna in the middle, so id bring in Lowton and drop Bacuna to the bench. We need to go at Sunderland from the off.

This should be a fairly easier game but knowing villa we'll find a way to make it hard.

I think we'll go:

Guzan

Bacuna. Vlaar. Clark. Luna

Delph. Westwood. Kea

. Gabby

Kozak Benteke

Be looking for gabby to run both channels (even though probably will stay more left. With the fullbacks to offer more width

Would be 4-1-3-2 for me, Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Luna, Westwood, Bacuna, Delph, Sylla, Benteke and Gabby. But can see KEA starting over Sylla and Kozak given an opportunity, but not sure who for. 3-1 Villa, Gabby, Benteke and Delph.

Edited by Avflife

Worrying how many are expecting us to walk this. There have been some big upsets this season, this is a game we could win or lose just like any other.

Whether last season's game will make them nervous or determined could go either way.

we should really be winning it, Sunderland are terrible away from the stadium of light.

Don't see this being the team we go with but it would be my preferred option, fitness permitting.

Guzan

Lowton    Vlaar   Clark     Luna

Westwood

KEA         Delph

Bacuna                     Agbonlahor

Benteke

Still think Weimann's lacking composure at the moment but him and Tonev give us good attacking options off the bench.

Prediction: 2-1 Villa.

The last game Sunderland won away was against Newcastle the game before we beat them 6-1 in April. They have since taken 1 point from their away games (of 24 points) and scored 3 goals!

We've got to take three points tomorrow. If we don't I'm staying well clear of VT for the next week!

bacuna needs to be moved further up the pitch I don't see him as a winger or and inside forward where did he play for groinigen? playing numerous positions will be he's downfall he won't get good at any of them can he play in the hole behind the striker?  lowton deserves a shot 

Sunderland are fighting for survival and every match is deadly important for them. I remember us last season fighting for every match and trying our best against any odds. On paper it really looks like a walk in the park but knowing us every match is like russian roulette..

And when it comes to the starting line-up I would like to see Lowton back and I also think Gabby, Andi and Delph will start on the bench again. Not because PL is a fool but because of their long absence and becasue of what he said during his press conference - "“In the dressing room they were exhausted and that was from the short space of time they were on. It will have done them the world of good to get back into it."

I order my tickets a couple of weeks ago over the phone and they said i can collect them at Villa park will i need to remember my refense number when collecting my tickets? What do people think the attedence will be?

Name and address should suffice.

I order my tickets a couple of weeks ago over the phone and they said i can collect them at Villa park will i need to remember my refense number when collecting my tickets? What do people think the attedence will be?

There will be around 34,000 there tomorrow.

That includes 1600 from Sunderland.

My youngest boy supports Sunderland (yes, like me, he enjoys a challenge) so in these games against each other we are both happy to take draws. 

I felt really sorry for him last year, though I loved the fantastic football we played that day.

This really is a game we should be winning but you just never know with us

I'm hoping the reintroduction of Delph Gabby Luna and Weimann will give us a bit of impetus

Would really like Lowton back in and Bacuna further up

Benteke really needs a goal... I hope he gets it

A nervy 2-1 win