Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

smetrov

I'll be going to this game so hope we win!! 3-0, Benteke 2, Weimann

.........Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Baker Clarke

.....Westwood Delph

Bacuna...Weimann..Gabby

.............Benteke

I like this one. Except Clark in the middle and Baker as LB if Luna is not fit, as seems to be the case.

At home against the worst team in the league, we really have to take 3 points at the weekend.

I expect us to do this and in turn expect us to go 10th, with Swansea and WBA both probable to lose in tough away games.

Fingers crossed ey!

Goose

Lowton   Vlaar     Clark    Luna

Bacuna    Westwood    Delph

Weimann                    Gabby

Benteke 

Subs: Steer, Tonev, Helenius, KEA, Kozak, Bowery, Baker

I think that, overall, this would be our strongest line up. It'd be a shame to drop KEA after scoring a brilliant and important goal in the derby, and Lambo most likely will keep him in, but I think in terms of overall performance and strength, the one above would be more effective, maybe bringing on KEA if we need to. As a starting line-up, it's pretty strong and the bench has plenty of options available too (providing everyone is fit, of course). I know that it's our usual counter-attacking line-up, but I just think that it would still prove effective at home against Sunderland.

• Like 2

I'd like to see a 4-4-1-1 as follows

.................Guzan

Lowton.Vlaar.Clarke.Luna (if fit)

Bacuna.Delph.Westwood.Gabby

...............Weimann

...............Benteke

It could easily adapt to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 if needed

I actually think it would be harsh on Kozak, KEA and Tonev to drop to the bench however, that's what a squad is for!

This is the team I was going to type out so thanks for saving me time.

Yeah we got to beat these, they are awful. I hope they come to B6 fearing us after last season.

Benteke, what better game to rediscover your goalscoring touch? Just a bit worried that we normally choke when expected to win, especially at home but I think with Gabby, Andi and Delph back we'll have too much for them.

Villa 3-1 Sunderland

Benteke

Vlaar

Delphino

Sunderland seem a lot more resilient under Poyet now and I expect it to be tough to break them down. I don't think we'll lose but I'm not overly confident of victory. Anyway, I'd line-up as:

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Clark Luna

KEA Delph Westwood

Tonev Kozak Gabby

I assume Luna will be fit. If not, then I'd put Bacuna at LB with Lowton coming in at RB. I'd like to see Delph holding with Westwood and KEA further up in midfield. Tonev keeps his place for me as I'd prefer a genuine wide-option for this game. We have seen in the last few games that we look quite dangerous when whipping a few balls in. I've also opted for Kozak as I think Benteke has been poor for the last few games (especially on Monday) and dare I say it, Kozak looks more of a threat at the moment.

I'll go for a scrappy 1-0. Gabby is due a goal.

Anything less than 3 points pushing that piss pot of a club closer to the trapdoor and ill be disappointed 

This is exactly the kind of game that Villa struggle with though

We always seem to bend over and take it against struggling sides like this will probably end up 0 - 0

• Like 1

Many of you put Luna in the starting line-up. It seems a bit optimistic, since he wasn't even on bench Monday. Only five days later I think he won't start, unfortunately. Gabby, Delph, and Weimann were supposed to be healthy, and yet they started on bench Saturday.