England v Chile & England v Germany

andykeenan

Baines was found out against Chile. Walcott might add something a bit more up front. Its just a friendly at the end of the day and we know Germany are better than us. Townsend is a big positive for us but not sure Rooney and Sturridge works. 

A under strength German side well beats a nearly first choice England XI. They are just so much better technically than us. Gone are the days that Germany were essentially a much better english type side. They should have scored at least a second, they cut us up more than a cheap bic razor. England did try and Townsend did hit the post in fairness, but we are miles behind the Germans.

Can't wait until Hodgson is gone.

What will change?

Most importantly, players will start working harder and "die" for a great motivator, somebody they respect and are afraid of. Roy Hodgson has never won anything significant, he failed at Liverpool and his "honors" were won back in the 70's and 80's. Mostly in Sweden and Denmark as well, which makes winning the league with Celtic/Rangers look like winning the Champions League. Secondly, tactics. A great manager can change games by analyzing the other team and almost perform chess moves to neutralize certain patterns or players, like Greece won the European Championship ten years ago. Roy Hodgson is probably a great person and a very lovable man, but I highly doubt he is good enough to lead England. The job he has is the most difficult job in the footballing world, given all the pressure from the fans and above all media, and expectations are that he wins even though the team is not good enough on paper compared to the others. Again, why pick Roy Hodgson to do this job when he got pieces of the same pressure at Liverpool where he failed miserably?

Just a horrible pick, he will never succeed at this job and he will be fired after the WC. Who would do a better job, you ask? Well, pretty much everyone, but it's not my job to find the replacement luckily. Saying that, I would never want Roy Hodgson at Villa Park and I really doubt many other teams would like him either - so why should he get to manage England? Dead man walking...

Never mind the World Cup, England should have a try at beating 11 random fellas on Copacabana beach first

England would probably lose on penalties.  ;)

Lee Dixon made a very valid point in that England need to play three in midfield and go with just one up top to have any hope of getting out of their World Cup group.

Last twenty minutes in particular were an embarrassment for English football. A German B team made them look decidedly second rate and should have won more convincingly at a canter. 

Â