England v Chile & England v Germany

andykeenan

It's going to end in misery for England yet again. They might even struggle to advance out of their group. Not many good options and a manager who is past it.

Edited by maqroll

This is another reason why I can't stand Hodgson. He's so **** stubborn. The World Cup is still over 6 months away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25029937

No doubt it'll be defended to the hilt but there really is no reason why a manager should adopt this kind of attitude so far away from the tournament.

Edited by Mantis

This is another reason why I can't stand Hodgson. He's so **** stubborn. The World Cup is still over 6 months away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25029937

No doubt it'll be defended to the hilt but there really is no reason why a manager should adopt this kind of attitude so far away from the tournament.

That is ridiculous.

What happens if Ravel Morrison scores and creates a lot of goals?

What if 5/6 players have to pull out?

What an idiot.

Edited by dodgyknees

I feel sorry for people like Delph. He's worked his socks off and been playing fantastic recently only to be ignored for players like Cleverley and now the England manager has come out and basically told players like him looking to break into the team that there's no point in trying because they won't get in anyway.

• Like 1

Yes but he hasn't totally ruled out the possibility of any new faces.  With only one friendly game before the world cup final squad is announced then  there's no time anyway to try out new faces. Anyway if Delph went to Brazil and had his head turned by other players like Milner and Downing did etc, whats the point!

Edited by PaulC

Yeh this annoyed me earlier.

Hodgson is a complete fool. If Townsend has popped up from relative obscurity this season (okay he was apparently good for QPR too) to being probably in the starting 11 at the World Cup, how can he basically say no new players are going to get a look in, when it's over 6 months away and we've got another friendly in March.

what gabby said does make a lot of sense at times, delph, westwood and lowton all with fairly unrealistic shouts but I still would have liked a bit of belief spurring them on for us

taking the villa glasses off berahino, Morrison, dawson, shaw, there are plenty of good players he hasn't looked at yet

but no doubt the likes of andy "glass donkey" carroll will stroll back in to the frame when (if) he's fit as he provides "options", same with chamberlain, get himself fit by mid april and he'll be on the plane, saying that get himself fit by next week and make 10 sub appearances by the end of the season and he'll be on the plane

• Like 1

Id love it there was a huge injury crisis and he ended up calling Delph or Gabby into the squad and they rejected the call. Can't believe Hodgson is actually so stupid to come out and say there will no new faces in the squad.

No wonder I hate the England team so much, funny that in the last 10-15 years the two best managers have both been foreign.

there was a huge injury crisis at the end of last season when gabby was in great form and rather than call him up roy sat there and moaned about having no one to pick, at least twice this year roy has called up fewer than the maximum allowed and blamed it on pesky foreigners ruining English football

players that play for teams that are consistently in Champions LEague, their is a reason these players are at these clubs and why Gabby and Delph arent

Except that neither of those two are playing regularly for their respective club and don't play well enough even when they do.

you do realie Oxlade Chamberlain is injured and started 1st game of season in which he picked up injury after he assisted their only goal

while Cleverley has played 12 times for United this season

you do realie Oxlade Chamberlain is injured and started 1st game of season in which he picked up injury after he assisted their only goal

while Cleverley has played 12 times for United this season

Yes I do realise AOC is injured. Thus I'm obviously talking about last season where he barely played for Arsenal but was regularly picked by Woy.

As for Cleverley, he has started six Premier League games this season and one UCL game. Not a regular by any stretch of the imagination.

Â