Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

WTF there is no way that Delph is on anything like that. Where you get that crap from? He signed a new deal under Houllier in 2010. He had just come back from serious injury then and was still totally unproven at Prem level. In fact had hardly played. He would have been put on about 25-30k a week at most. The figure you have stated is pie in the sky nonsense.

HH said he's only behind Gabby in the wages, and on far, far more than Benteke

Remember, he got his contract when we were chockablock with wasters on 50k+ a week

I am no fan of Houllier but I do not believe for one second with in weeks of being at the club he put Delph, who had played a handful of games at Prem level, on a 55k a week 4 and half year contract.  

He came from a Leeds side in League one where he was likely to be on no more than 5-7k a week. If that given he came through there youth side. We'd have likely given him 20k a week when he joined as he was still a teenager totally unproven in the top flight. There is no way he then, having played a handful of games and just back from a serious injury, was put on 55k a week.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

I am no fan of Houllier but I do not believe for one second with in weeks of being at the club he put Delph, who had played a handful of games at Prem level, on a 55k a week 4 and half year contract.  

He came from a Leeds side in League one where he was likely to be on no more than 5-7k a week. If that given he came through there youth side. We'd have likely given him 20k a week when he joined as he was still a teenager totally unproven in the top flight. There is no way he then, having played a handful of games and just back from a serious injury, was put on 55k a week.

funny thing is the logical soundness of your argument is exactly why I'm struggling to believe it. there is no way Delph could have been given 55k having done absolutely nothing. but these were the same people who thought Ireland for Milner would be a good swap!

I will join the now certain prediction of a meltdown tomorrow. We'll either melt with excitement at the amazing developments or VT will have a meltdown with acid that there was no "meltdown". Either way, there will be meltdown. HH will be right one last time.

Jim White on twitter has said we are in for Christopher Samba, Henri Bedimo and Lescott!

This one lol....?

Jim White ‏@Sky_JimWhite 1h

Lyon defender Henri Bedimo would love the chance to play in the premier league. Newcastle and Aston Villa have shown interest #NUFC #AVFC

Did anybody else read that in Jim Whites Voice?  No?  Just me then. :ph34r:

• Like 3

WTF there is no way that Delph is on anything like that. Where you get that crap from? He signed a new deal under Houllier in 2010. He had just come back from serious injury then and was still totally unproven at Prem level. In fact had hardly played. He would have been put on about 25-30k a week at most. The figure you have stated is pie in the sky nonsense.

HH said he's only behind Gabby in the wages, and on far, far more than Benteke

Remember, he got his contract when we were chockablock with wasters on 50k+ a week

I know its no authority on these things, but FM2014 has him on 32.5k, and they tend to be pretty accurate with these things. 55k is just ridiculous! That's what Gabby is on!

Â