Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

wow i came back to this thread as two pages had been added thinking something might be happening and got to read about Man Utd and Juan Mata.

I think people need to set up another thread called 'other clubs and what they do'

agreed.

I stated that in answering your previous question about Mata being a 'panic buy.' Mata can and has excelled playing out wide. He might be a Rooney replacement but rumours in the press are stating that Rooney may be signing a new deal. Either way Mata is an excellent signing and one that certainly isn't a panic buy which was your original point. 

He "can play" out wide, but that isn't where his strongest position is.  That's why it's more of a panic buy (unless they already know Rooney is leaving in the summer or something).  Maybe I'm not getting what I'm trying to say across clearly enough.  See these articles for what I mean;

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/29326/9126174/juan-mata-to-manchester-united-gary-neville-not-sure-he-fits-philosophy

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/21/juan-mata-manchester-united-chelsea

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/columnists/paul-merson/362253/Manchester-United-are-making-a-big-mistake-signing-Juan-Mata

And also where he generally scores from in this;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25871279

Anyway... enough Man Utd! :(

(Although we should definitely make a cheeky loan offer for Kagawa now - back on topic :D)

Thats actually quite interesting to read that, especially Gary Neville's viewpoint from the perspective that even with a new manager in place bringing new ideas in how he would want Man U to play, Neville is still thinking that Moyes will play the same way as they did under Fergie.

I think in time when Moyes gets who he wants, Man U will set up differently and its maybe the reason why Moyes got rid of several of the Man U coaches.

I agree though this should go into the Manchester thread.

Edited by Morpheus

wow i came back to this thread as two pages had been added thinking something might be happening and got to read about Man Utd and Juan Mata.

I think people need to set up another thread called 'other clubs and what they do'

agreed.

Yeah, almost caused me a heart attack.

Enough United and enough Mata, that belongs in another forum, but it's quite humorous that a few people are writing off Mata as a panic buy and similar to what they have.... when we play Weimann and Gabby out of position every single week. I would go as far as saying we are ruining Weimann's development the way we are turning him into an ineffective winger with no emphasis on his striking ability. The more he plays out there the less we will develop that poaching ability, something I guess he wants to do in terms of his career. He is basically just running, fighting, sprinting and defending every time each team counter on each other. He has only scored two goals this season Andreas, one of them being that counter hail mary-headed flick-run-shoot goal against City. The last one of course came last weekend against Liverpool, but I guess 1500 minutes and 2 goals is hardly what he wanted before this season.

Edited by Papillon

Anybody heard of Bibras Natkho?

Someone on football rumours linking us to him.

Never heard of him myself but there are some decent write ups about him.

Free transfer, ran his deal down but some relatively sizeable clubs now looking at him

Your last sentence pretty much sums up why he wouldn't come to us.

• Like 1

Free transfer, ran his deal down but some relatively sizeable clubs now looking at him

The only reason people are talking about him is because he's relatively cheap on Football Manager and fits in really will with our team at the start of the game.

The only reason people are talking about him is because he's relatively cheap on Football Manager and fits in really will with our team at the start of the game.

Perfect sign him up. That's how it works right?

Â