Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

What is this....2012?

We have conceded a goal more then liverpool this season, 4 more goals then man city, 3 more then spurs, 2 more then united... we are pretty much a muchness with the better teams defensively and that's a defence playing in front of what we would all agree is a shit midfield that cant retain the ball and doesn't have an out and out DM protecting them.  

Granted we could all see the fullbacks were a weakness but that surely backs up the fact that the Centre halves have really done well (Bertrand is only going to make us better imo). Plus that's all been done with Okore being injured - so i can see 3 good defenders and Baker.... who for a young 4th choice (at the moment) isn't bad at all!! Why do people want another centre half?

Because with Okore injured and Vlaar injury prone we could easily be left with 2. A loan deal til Okore is fit would be beneficial. 

• Like 1

It will probably double on the last day as the false rumours really hot up.

I can't see it getting above lukewarm

Linked with Hoolahan for the AM spot and thats about it unless Lambert has another sylla lined up (a player nobody has heard of)

Lescott makes sense to me.  We can't carry on with Baker and Clark if Vlaar is injured.  We need some experience short term and Lescott would add that, plus he would form a good partnership with Clark or Vlaar, Get it done PL.

Hi everyone, I'm a new poster but I've been visiting the site for a while.

Regarding Lescott, I know the link is dubious as it's from The Mirror, but I questioned Nursey on twitter, asking how we can loan him when we have Holt and Bertrand already. His story has now changed, saying it could be a move like Ireland to Stoke, where we'd buy out Lescott's contract. Take that as you will!

Personally I'd love to have him here as long as it doesn't fracture the wage bill, Clark has improved but stats show when Vlaar is out our defence leaks more than The Titanic

Welcome Richi! Did we not establish a few pages earlier that it's a limit of 2 loans from Prem clubs, 4 in total all season. Meaning we've got 1 Prem loan left? Personally, I'd love us to get Lescott here. It's a 'no lose' situation. Baker, Okore and Clark can learn from him, he will go straight into the eleven and then at the end of the season, we don't have to send a better player back to their parent club (like Walker and Bertrand), because he's out of contract. Lambert, do it.

Not keen on a permanent deal as think Clark is/will be better than him. but as a loan it would be good cover for Vlaar. Can't see Citeh doing a loan though unless we stump up all his wages. No point for them sending him of on loan and then letting him go on a free in the summer.

p.s. he's playing (sitting on the bench) for one of the best teams in the world on £100K week and cost £22mil because Mark Hughes is a complete goon.

Edited by Skip

Hi everyone, I'm a new poster but I've been visiting the site for a while.

Regarding Lescott, I know the link is dubious as it's from The Mirror, but I questioned Nursey on twitter, asking how we can loan him when we have Holt and Bertrand already. His story has now changed, saying it could be a move like Ireland to Stoke, where we'd buy out Lescott's contract. Take that as you will!

Personally I'd love to have him here as long as it doesn't fracture the wage bill, Clark has improved but stats show when Vlaar is out our defence leaks more than The Titanic

Welcome to VT

As for Lescott i'd take him however i cannot see us paying anywhere near his wages if he is on 92k p/w even half of that would probably prove a stumbling block

Edited by AshVilla

Can someone clear this loan rule up once and for all to stop the same questions being asked over and over please ?

Is it 2 from the Premiership plus unlimited from lower leagues and abroad or is it 2 from ANY English league ?

I thank you.

That said, I don't think a Premiership club has ever loaned a lower league player before, maybe that's what caused the confusion. Perhaps we've caused the FA to write a new rule

If we're going to pay someone Lescott sized wages I'd probably prefer if it wasn't Lescott - imagine the midfielders we could get on those wages.......

That x 20

Not that I don't see the logic behind looking at Lescott

The fact Nursey changed his story suggests no one knows the loan rules! If Lescott is on 92k he'd have to take a paycut to join anyway, depends how much desire he has to join us or play regularly

Can someone clear this loan rule up once and for all to stop the same questions being asked over and over please ?

Is it 2 from the Premiership plus unlimited from lower leagues and abroad or is it 2 from ANY English league ?

I thank you.

From what I understand, a maximum of 2 loan players are allowed from teams in the same division with a total of 4 long-term loan players permitted in any one season.

Short-term loans (28-93 days) are different:

Short Term Loan Transfers – A Club can have up to a maximum of twelve (12) Short Term 
Loans during a Playing Season. The minimum period of a Short Term Loan transfer must 
be twenty-eight (28) days with a maximum of ninety-three (93) days in any one Playing 
Season. 

The Competition shall not approve more than two (2) Short Term Loan transfers to or from 
any one Club, including Premier League and Football League Clubs, at any one time.

Edited by VillaIRE

Â