Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

At least that line up looks attacking. Id rather we lose 2-0 and try and attack then lose 2-0 sitting back eventually conceding. A proper midfield destroyer is really blatant.

Very true. :P

But do you mean important?

LOL. Yep. Its almost 2am after a long Friday night drinks session. Woops.

By the way rumours of a second signing possibly today....... interesting indeed.

What have you heard? ITKKK

Just twitter BS. Howard Hodgson who called the Bertrand signing says theres no more signings today but 1 more left in the window. Hoolahan or a back up option if they cant get him.

Did he mention that he sits in the directors' box and he has a boat?
Hold on. Hodgson sits where? And what division does the "Wigan" play in?

This played out yet?

Edited by Raymond
  • Like 1

Yeah that's correct, so it doesn't impact our ability to loan two Premier League players because he is a Championship player. From Wigan. 

Edit: I'm talking about Grant Holt, to clear up any confusion.

So going by that logic, Ryan Bertrand is a Premier League player. From Chelsea?

Does this impact our ability to loan two Premier League players? I think it might you know...... I think we might be able to take just one more?

Yeah that's correct, so it doesn't impact our ability to loan two Premier League players because he is a Championship player. From Wigan. 

Edit: I'm talking about Grant Holt, to clear up any confusion.

So going by that logic, Ryan Bertrand is a Premier League player. From Chelsea?

Does this impact our ability to loan two Premier League players? I think it might you know...... I think we might be able to take just one more?

Think you're right mate. I checked out Wikipedia and FM and it looks like Bertrand is from Chelsea so we should be able to sign one more Premier League player on loan.

I don't think Norwich will sell Hoolahan unless they fire Houghton. They've already said they wont sell so that's a card they wouldn't be able to play in future transfers as people would see through it. Also, I doubt they sell on deadline day as they wont have time to bring in a replacement or at the very least use the money to strengthen in other areas of the pitch.

I'd gladly be proven wrong though. For ~£2m it's not a bad idea to have someone like him around the club.

If they get rid of Houghton I'd assume it would make Hoolahan a no go, who in their right mind would join a club as a newly appointed manager and sell one of the fans favourite players?

I'm assuming Houghton is giving these comments rejecting his sale to try and get the fans on his side.

It's a rare occurrence, sure, but it has been known to happen. For instance, West Brom just sold Shane Long to Hull a week after installing a new manager.

Hoolahan (2m tops) or a back up ... the mind boggles as to which creative/number 10 could be cheaper than that

#ambitious

I'm not sure anyone has ever said we have a maximum of 2 million to spend - we're just unlikely to pay more than that for a 31 year old?

#staynegative

• Like 1

Â