Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

According to an article in the Guardian, Morrison is on Fifteen grand a week at West Ham, but if a club were to bid Ten Million for him then there is a clause in his contract that says his wages have to be raised to Sixty grand a week.

That would be a pretty bizarre clause.

Could we just troll West Ham by bidding £10m but not agreeing terms with Morrison, thus adding £45k pw to the West Ham wage bill?

Exactly what I was going to say!

Here's the article that mentions it, in the fourth paragraph. Does seem bizarre though, maybe there's more to it.

They either up his wages OR give him permission to speak to the club. It's not an automatic raise.

HairyHands is the only ITK i'd ever give any credence to. Even the great MysteryMan led us all a merry dance with his info on Mcleish. It's exciting 'n all, but I don't have much faith in anyone else's information, personally.

• Like 1

Missed out on Gudetti for Holt my god. 

That very much depends on your definition of missed out.

I agree that Guidetti would have been a more inspiring signing, but there are a number of things we don't know. The deal taking him to Stoke may have been in the pipeline long before Kozak broke his leg, and he may be on significantly higher wages. It may have been a case that Lambert simply preferred Holt, but that's not the only variable to be considered.

• Like 3

John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti would have been an even riskier signing than Holt. At least you know what you are getting with Holt, but John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti remains untested at this level, and being a Citeh player, no doubt John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti's wages would have been equal to or more than Holt's, so while it would have been 'exciting' to have John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti in our ranks for a few months, the safer bet was Holt.

That said, getting John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti on a loan with a view to sign him if he did well would have been nice, but there we go.

• Like 4

Heard a bit of something about Jonathan Schmid. I had to Google him. Anyone, by any small chance, somehow seen Freiberg play this season!? Edit: I must add that I am certainly not ITK and neither do I like all the ITK nonsense.
So this post, in which I never once mentioned Villa, has somehow sparked rumours about Schmid, and one or two other players (Darida); and prompted so called ITKs on Twitter to claim SC Frieberg delegates were at Villa Park :D I DID hear something. It WAS about Schmid, but it was NOTHING to do with our football club. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 2

Heard a bit of something about Jonathan Schmid. I had to Google him. Anyone, by any small chance, somehow seen Freiberg play this season!?

Edit: I must add that I am certainly not ITK and neither do I like all the ITK nonsense.

So this post, in which I never once mentioned Villa, has somehow sparked rumours about Schmid, and one or two other players (Darida); and prompted so called ITKs on Twitter to claim SC Frieberg delegates were at Villa Park :D

I DID hear something. It WAS about Schmid, but it was NOTHING to do with our football club.

:crylaugh:  :cheers: 

I saw that AVFC Transfer Tweet posting about that. :lol: 

Heard a bit of something about Jonathan Schmid. I had to Google him. Anyone, by any small chance, somehow seen Freiberg play this season!?

Edit: I must add that I am certainly not ITK and neither do I like all the ITK nonsense.

So this post, in which I never once mentioned Villa, has somehow sparked rumours about Schmid, and one or two other players (Darida); and prompted so called ITKs on Twitter to claim SC Frieberg delegates were at Villa Park :D

I DID hear something. It WAS about Schmid, but it was NOTHING to do with our football club.

Why mention him in this thread if it's nothing to with Villa? Just confusing people.  :huh:

Edited by Mr_Dogg

Â