Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

If it's a repetition of last January then it would be tantamount to negligence. At the moment we haven't got a striker at the club who will score goals on a regular basis to get us out of trouble. Take that away from last season and where would we have finished?

Benteke can score the goals. He's just out of form at the moment, as all strikers are sometimes.

Please refer to moderation and stay away from my posts.

I think we've certainly got enough about us to stay up; the performances may have been poor but we're still 11th and whilst the next 2 games are really tough, the rest of the fixture list doesn't look too bad (except for Man City then Chelsea in March).

What does this actually mean? Are you suggesting the old 'easier games' chestnut ?

The same as the 'easy run' of fixtures we had from November to the New Year.

We will be in a dogfight with all of those teams scrabbling about down there for points.

We will be one of those teams that everyone else looks on as 'easier'.

We are in for one hell of of a battle of the coming months and we should be awake to it.

So you think that it doesn't matter who we play? You don't think that some games are easier than others?

This 'we will' shit is awfully presumptuous, Mr Nostramdus. 

There are no easy games in the premier league per say. The smaller clubs could lift if its a crucial game and may be more desperate. Bigger teams we tend to do better as they attack us more. So its a lottery these days.

Edited by KSV

If it's a repetition of last January then it would be tantamount to negligence. At the moment we haven't got a striker at the club who will score goals on a regular basis to get us out of trouble. Take that away from last season and where would we have finished?

I agree, we also don't have any sort of player who is going to make chances for the strikers we do have, or at least we aren't playing anybody in a position to do so.

I'm starting to wonder why we aren't trying players like Bacuna, Helenius or Delph 'in the hole' or at least trying to use some good old fashioned wing play to make chances.

It seems the players are incapable of doing this, or Lambert seems to think so at least, so if we don't bring anybody in I'll be quite worried. Even then, if we only bring one player in we'll be relying solely on them and hoping they don't get injured, something we did with Benteke who now can't hit a barn door.

What happens if we buy Hoolahan and he gets a knock or simply doesn't perform? To be relying on one player is ridiculous and dangerous, we need the entire team to start playing, I simply can't fathom that not a single player we have can't be positioned in a way where they can make chances for the strikers.

You make it sound so straight forward - if it were so, you'd imagine that between them one of the 60 or 70 playing and coaching staff might have mentioned it.

It's a much more delicate balance than "play someone in the hole" to make chances for the strikers. It's a bit chicken and egg, but if Benteke could play a little better and push the CBs back more space would appear all over the pitch

Whatever, we need a little more than a £1m midfielder and an average loanee in this window to ensure a comfortable run-in

• Like 1

If we don't sign some quality this window. We will struggle. Don't kid yourselves.

Exactly, some people keep going on with this "we are 11th we are not doing so badly", whilst this is true to a certain degree. We have seen nothing to suggest that we are getting any better, 2 more losses and we are RIGHT down there.

We need a CB , a wide player and an AM...

I can't believe we can't find someone at least on loan for those positions.

For all the cash we are saving with wage bill how much have we lost in prize money and sponsorship ?

• Like 2

We need a CB , a wide player and an AM...

I can't believe we can't find someone at least on loan for those positions.

For all the cash we are saving with wage bill how much have we lost in prize money and sponsorship ?

"We have tried certain things and some were out of our league!" :blink:

Â