Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

If City bring in another CB then I could see Lescott being tempted by a loan move here.

Imagine how much more confidence would radiate through the team if we were able to pick from Lescott / Vlaar / Clark (as he's performed admirably alongside experience). Good use of £2.5m if you ask me...

Lescott definitely has the experience and presence our defence needs, so maybe.....well, just maybe. I don't give much credence to any of the other offerings, except possibly for Richards.

Any suggestion of Mata is ridiculous, though.

Got A Feeling It's Going To Be Someone Like

Lee Catermole...Unfortunately!

We've already got enough injury problems without someone coming in to chin our own players when they misplace a pass in training.

Nick Powell would be a signing i'd like us to make. But didn't HH that he has PL experience AND Villa fans would know him. Not sure Nick Powell fits that description. 

He will have experience but won't be well-known... the well-known signing that would "give the fans a lift" would be the loan.

Someone like Everton's Leon Osman is very well known and those who suggest his name are circling crazy planet only sightly below the orbit of Mata.

Edited by Con

Â