Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I can see the merits of loan players, but I have never seen us as a club that should be involved in loan players...not for us IMO.

We are effectively gaining experience to players that will benefit our competitors, its like selling your soul to the devil.

If this is something we feel we must do, isn't that a sleight on our own youth academy and tantamount to saying that our scouting staff/system is second rate.

We have grave difficulty competing with the top teams in the league, but surely a trade off to any young kids is they have more chance making in to our first team than Arsenal or Chelsea... we mustn't be so defeatist. I do worry though how so many of our little starlets are just that "little"

There must be a filter at other clubs.....there you go too small off to the villa....just joking of course.

If some of our lot are not ready yet at 21 & 22 they may never be....It is more physical now than it was and I guess that might come in to it , but generally that's where I am with it.

In a nut shell if we loan players ....we are admitting defeat.

Edited by TRO

I can see the merits of loan players, but I have never seen us as a club that should be involved in loan players...not for us IMO.

We are effectively gaining experience to players that will benefit our competitors, its like selling your soul to the devil.

If this is something we feel we must do, isn't that a sleight on our own youth academy and tantamount to saying that our scouting staff/system is second rate.

We have grave difficulty competing with the top teams in the league, but surely a trade off to any young kids is they have more chance making in to our first team than Arsenal or Chelsea... we mustn't be so defeatist. I do worry though how so many of our little starlets are just that "little"

There must be a filter at other clubs.....there you go too small off to the villa....just joking of course.

If some of our lot are not ready yet at 21 & 22 they may never be....It is more physical now than it was and I guess that might come in to it , but generally that's where I am with it.

In a nut shell if we loan players ....we are admitting defeat.

Yes exactly what i've been saying. We have a world class youth set up so we need to start using it as such instead of taking other teams youth on loan to bring them on. Maybe not over 1 or 2 seasons but In the long run we will only benefit from this philosophy.

Well he obvs isnt top 4 quality at the moment as he isnt getting on for chelsea is he.

I can't even be bothered to list the countless examples of why that argument doesn't follow...

But he has a point, I couldn't see De Bruyne getting into any of the top 4 sides, squad maybe but in their first teams no chance. I think he'd fit into the likes of Everton, Newcastle quite comfortably. But in terms of Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, United. You wouldn't say he'd claim a first team spot at those clubs, so he's right he isn't a top 4 player yet.

OK so DeBruyne isn't the finished product yet. Maybe we should ask Manure to loan that Van Persie lad to us, he seems to be top 4 quality? The whole point is that the  top teams have fringe players who they think have potential. They don't wanrt to risk selling them and they have better players in the first team so they offer them out on loan. I don't see the problem with the whole concept. Maybe Aston Villa Red Bulls will be able to be in the situation in the future??? :D

I was merely pointing out, that i don't think he is a top 4 player yet and that to call him one, when he can't get into one he is currently at is ridiculous. He wouldn't get into any of the sides mentioned above IMO. Atletico Madrid are in for him, as are Wolfsberg and Schalke. Think we can say good-bye to this link.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

So any player who falls out of favour at a top four club ceases to be a top four player then?

When has he been in favour? Has he played for a top 4 club consistently to be named a top 4 player.

This. Pretty sure we signed Sidwell from the same Top 4 club. He's barely a Premier League player.

De Bruyne is better than what we have and that is good enough for me.

So any player who falls out of favour at a top four club ceases to be a top four player then?

When has he been in favour? Has he played for a top 4 club consistently to be named a top 4 player.

By top four player, I meant top four quality. Even you'd accept that you don't have to play for a top four team to show you are good enough to play for one. Just because De Bruyne is being kept out of the team by fantastic players doesn't mean he therefore does not play to a top four level.

Realistically speaking.. id love us to sign Tom Rogic from Celtic. He is by far the most natural talent Australia has produced since Harry Kewell. Completely different player but his skills especially for his size is amazing. He floats past defenders. Available on loan.. possibly view to permanent. I think he would be awesome in the midfield three with Sylla and Delph.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 2

Would love De Bruyne but from what i've read De Bruyne is looking to play a forward role rather than midfield so he would be competing with Gabby and Weimann should he come here. Not that he will...

Still leave us 2 midfielder short of a functioning midfield

Would love De Bruyne but from what i've read De Bruyne is looking to play a forward role rather than midfield so he would be competing with Gabby and Weimann should he come here. Not that he will...

I can't imagine him dislodging either of those 2 on current form.

I can't imagine him dislodging either of those 2 on current form.

On current form Weimann should be dislodged by just about anyone, i also think he's unsuitet to play out wide

Realistically speaking.. id love us to sign Tom Rogic from Celtic. He is by far the most natural talent Australia has produced since Harry Kewell. Completely different player but his skills especially for his size is amazing. He floats past defenders. Available on loan.. possibly view to permanent. I think he would be awesome in the midfield three with Sylla and Delph.

Why do you think Celtic want to get rid ? Or just he doesn't have his chance there ?

Good call KSV...this kid can play.  I'm only guessing (who really knows other than Neil Lennon?), but he may not be playing a lot of minutes at Celtic because Lennon has no reason to change the team, and a player 'in the hole' may not suit his system?

While he's not the big name player people are dreaming of, he could quite possibly provide us with exactly the sort of player we have been craving.  For next to nothing. Over to you Paul!

Rogic is a sublime talent and will be a gun but far from ready for the Premier League IMO. At best he would be competing with the likes of Grealish and Carruthers for a spot in the squad.

Rumours here are that he's being lined up for a loan move to Japan. He needs games against better opposition and he needs to be in the plane to Rio. He won't get that with us or on the pine in Glasgow.

Not sure why he's not getting much game time with Celtic though. He's good enough to boss the likes of Motherwell.

Â