• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke (for Kozak 61)
    • Sylla (for El Ahmadi 72)
    • Tonev (for Agbonlahor 79)

We should have played gabby upfront today as kozak was anonymous.

Lambo has to get tough and drop under performing players weiman,Westwood and stop playing weiman out wide

Should play 4231

Guzan

Lowton vlaar Clark Luna

Sylla el Ahmadi

Bacuna delph gabby

Benteke

Gotta give them credit they looked a very solid team. I didn't think we were that bad but as ever there is the very obvious lack of a creative no.10 in the team. The Spurs bench today was impressive. 

• 07 Lennon
  • 11 Lamela
  • 16 Naughton
  • 18 Defoe
  • 19 Dembélé
  • 23 Eriksen
  • 24 Friedel

Weimann, Lowton and Westwood have gone backwards at an alarming rate. They were 3 bright spots in a dismal season but somethings not right with them.

Its worrying how we all knew we needed an AM this summer, but still havent got one.

spuds were much better, Could have had a few more so cant complain about the result. Losing Clark was a blow (do we know whats happened to him, there was no update yesterday?)

We have to take the chances we get, but rarely do. 2 games without a goal now. And I hate how no-one bar Delph has any composure on the ball. First touches and passing was horrendous yesterday. Kozak? Lazio must of been laughing all the way to the bank.

A 4th loss in 5 at home is on the horizon. Everton look very good again this season, we do not

watched this with a spuds fan - we both agreed villa played OK - nothing special, but nothing paticularly awful. Had some decent passages of play without any end product - which was the difference...Spurs had the one clear cut chance (which they scored) and a flukey goal. Guzan made some good saves to shots from oustide the area true.

Dont understand why we havent started Sylla this season - always impressed by him when he plays.

Id drop Weimann - the lad has talent but isnt showing it right now - id push bacuna to right mid and bring lowton back at right back

Benteke in for Kozak

keep tonev in reserve incase bacuna needs to return at right back

Think that would be us a strong upper mid-table starting line up IMO which, for now, is OK

Dont understand why we havent started Sylla this season - always impressed by him when he plays.

He has been kept out by KEA playing well. Although Sylla shows promise he isn't the answer to our problems. I wouldn't normally want Delph, KEA and Sylla in midfield, but if Westwood continues to play so badly I would bring Sylla or Bacuna into midfield in place of him if we were keeping a three man mid.

All I will say is I am very glad and relieved it was a Spurs fan who threw that flare. We don't need that kind of shit coming back on the club. He's not getting much credit for the throw though. That was a moving target and a difficult throw.

• Like 2

It could have caused the linesman serious injury. Hope they throw the book at the idiot that threw it.

Oh they will.  He's in what you might call a spot of bother now.

All I will say is I am very glad and relieved it was a Spurs fan who threw that flare. We don't need that kind of shit coming back on the club. He's not getting much credit for the throw though. That was a moving target and a difficult throw.

Just heard a report on Absolute Radio which said that a smoke bomb had been thrown from the crowd at Villa Park during Aston Villa's PL clash with Spurs... making it sound like it was a Villa fan that threw it, unbelievable!

Just heard a report on Absolute Radio which said that a smoke bomb had been thrown from the crowd at Villa Park during Aston Villa's PL clash with Spurs... making it sound like it was a Villa fan that threw it, unbelievable!

I've noticed this among a few media outlets. They all seem happy enough to mention Villa Park in the headline, but I've not seen one story which really emphasises the fact that it was a Tottenham fan who threw the object.

I've noticed this among a few media outlets. They all seem happy enough to mention Villa Park in the headline, but I've not seen one story which really emphasises the fact that it was a Tottenham fan who threw the object.

Yes i thought the same when i heard it

Radio WM said it came from visiting fans area.

Should ban the **** from a few away games, that'll teach em more than a big fine which the club will pay, not affecting the nobs in the crowd who do this shit

Without doubt Spurs are a better team than us and more money has been spent on it.....but in my view I think man city and arsenal are better.

We clearly can't keep relying on smash and grab or direct football....we have to learn to feel comfortable on the ball.

I do listen to the arguements of lack of quality due to lack of investment, but it am a bit dubious of that arguement as much as I accept it and understand it. I feel there are so many more elements to it all too.i.e

wasn't Houllier about to sign Cabaye...that's the kind of signing we should be creating.

Money is only useful if a manager has the ability to spend it wisely....in my view Martin O'Neill did not....Paul has not had much to test him with.

My overall view is if Swansea can do it( play expansive football)..I'm bloody sure there should be no excuse for us to do it.

Edited by TRO

Â