• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke (for Kozak 61)
    • Sylla (for El Ahmadi 72)
    • Tonev (for Agbonlahor 79)

Delph was very good taking guys on but his passing is so bad that it kinda makes his brilliant dribbling pointless unless he wins a foul. If you could combine him and Westwood villa would have a truly brilliant midfielder.

Oh and Clark better get fit soon, as I said in his thread I don't think the first goal gets conceded with him in, and baker made that horrid error in possession

Not a truly terrible performance but a thoroughly underwhelming one. We just have too many 'nothing' players who don't do anything particularly well. There's no attitude, no bite and we are beyond toothless in attack.

I hate to single players out but Kozak and Weimann look gash. On a positive note, Luna MOTM for me. Kept Townsend quiet for most of the game and had a few decent moments going forward.

Sloppy first touch all round for me which let us down, and the final ball from gabby and Andi are beginning to cost us. Created enough to be in the game but wasted every opportunity. Still the makings of a good outfit there for me. Gabby and Andi need to pull their socks up.

• Like 1

Frustrating to watch.  Clearly Benteke won more headers in the first two minutes of him being on the pitch than Kozak did in his 60 minutes. we huffed and puffed but the better team won. Only positive was having Benteke back on the pitch.

• Like 1

I agree with Rovers13, Clark better get well soon. Baker was woeful.

Luna got beaten badly twice, once because of his own reckless play, but I forgive him. I'm a fan.

Edited by AVTuco

Strange performance, we were never outplayed yet totally toothless up front. Fluke goal also.

Guzan: 7 - Two world class saves - i do think he hoofs it too often though
Bacuna: 8 - Looks better and better every match
Baker: 5 - Unconvincing
Vlaar: 5 - Never seems to be near the goal/player when the opposition score
Luna: 5 - To easy to get past
Westwood: 4 - Just dire
KEA: 5 - Some criminally poor touches and passes not quite offset by many good tackles
Delph: 8 - Shining light in a midfield of garbage

Weimann: 5 - Too many missed chances now to be starting every week
Kozak: 4 - No idea what he was doing or trying to do, not sure he knew
Gabby: 6 - Not yet back to his best but still a threat

Subs: Benteke 5 - Rusty as hell but that was expected
Tonev 7: Best cameo from him so far, was everywhere and had some good shots
Sylla 6: Looks better than KEA or Westwood

we need a midfielder worth mentioning, badly and okore needs to heal up quickly.

tottenham is a good team indeed but im still a bit dissapointed in the effert, kind of toothless and bleak. we need something more than just counter attacking.

Decent group of players being stifled by shit tactics. Show no initiative in attack, try to absorb pressure and counter. Then when we're losing with 20 mins left we finally start playing but it's too late as our tired defenders are ripped apart with, ironically, counter attacks.

I don't think we were woeful by any stretch, just completely toothless and lacked quality in the final third - which has been a worrying trend this season.

Then again, Spurs didn't offer much going forward. It took a lucky cross to get them ahead. The second to be fair was a lovely goal but it came when we were just getting a grip with the game.

Edited by adz.villa

Commentators almost jizzing off about Townsend drives me crazy. The "England Star" (with 2 caps) put on another inspiring performance...BS!!!

Kozak shite

Weimann more shite

Westwood complete and utter shite!

Good to see Benteke back!

Tonev looked promising!

Guzan: 6.5

Bacuna 7

Vlaar 6.5

Baker 6

Luna 6.5

KEA 5.5

Westwood 3

Delph 7.5

Weimann 4

Gabby 5.5

Kozak 4.5

Benteke 7

Tonev n/a

Guzan needs to stop hoofing them up the pitch!!! We lose posession 9/10 times it hurts my eyes to watch!

Luna letting Townsend do what he wants...

Westwoods set pieces are awful. His drilled corners will never come off.

Not 1 quality chance from our side...says enough

I'll get the Whiskey out anyway though....

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

I hope this puts to rest the idea that some people have that Baker is a better defender than Clark. He gifted some horrible passes straight to Spurs and was at fault for all the space in front of Guzan's near side for the first goal. Hope Clark is back soon. Great to see Benteke back, hopefully we'll once again start to look potent up front. Luna had a good game as did Bacuna and Vlaar, my MOTM was Delph, although I felt that in spells in the second half he had gone ragged with his passing, maybe he was beginning to think that it was fruitless passing it to any of his team mates though, so he can be forgiven. I might have felt the same in his shoes tbh 

Edit: I'd like to see Tonev get more game time too

Edited by villaguy

Well, fully deserved loss.

As has been pointed out for several seasons - we lack a central midfield player able to initiate possession in the final third. That would allow us to move the whole team forward and control games, and avoid the superhectic, stressed up direct football we're playing atm.

• Like 1

Â