• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke (for Kozak 61)
    • Sylla (for El Ahmadi 72)
    • Tonev (for Agbonlahor 79)

We wasn't that narrow today. We had the ball out wide on several occasions. Bacuna put a few crosses in too.

We lacked in the final third. Didnt use set pieces efficiently for a team with baker vlaar gabby n kokaz to aim for. An overall predictable performance.

Great to see micah richards n joleon lescott saying delph for England on twitter for what its worth

spurs are on a different page to villa these days,they have spent & take your hat off to them

PL should have brought barry back,i wont let it go sorry, if i got to ask PL i would ask him why he didnt?

its not as if barrys place would stop some young prospect developing, kia is not good enough FFS kia was bossed around the other week in cup game by spurs B team! 

Voted Bacuna MOM. Seems to be getting better every match.

Couple of great saves from Guzan kept us in with a shout.

Delph put himself about as usual, but the other midfielders are pretty ineffective.

And why the stupid yellow card, to bring him to 4, at that stage of the game.

Up front, Agbonlahor did very little, Weimann, whom I really like, was poor, as he has been all season.

And Kozak, early days perhaps, but he looks really slow and did he win any of the hoofs that Guzan seems to have resorted to of late.

And for a big guy, he does not seem to get about the opposition the way he should, in fact almost looks like they are bullying him!

Nice cameo from Tonev.

A very disjointed performance from the team as a whole.

townsend aint fit to lace bale's boots and never will be , hes a very good player but he aint in bale's class, I thought bacuna was shocking again, he has his moments but as a whole hes poor, guzan kept it down today, as most people have said delph was excellent again today

Just back.

Pros- Delph had yet another good game. Our defence was decent even though we did let in 2 goals, if that makes sense.

Great to see Benteke back.

If Weimann had his shooting boots on we might have got a goal back.

Once Everton is out of the way, we have  a string of winnable matches.

My seat in the upper trinity meant that I did not get wet at all

Had a decent cheeseburger before the match

Cons-

Yet another defeat at home. The half season ticket sales spectacular will shift about 100 seats at best.

The yawning gap between us and spuds is enough to make you cry, considering the difference in the past 4 years.

Ashley Westwood has taken over Delph as a yellow card waiting to happen and he needs to improve the set pieces.

Running around a lot does not make you a first choice Weimann. Needs bench time.

We are such a counter attack team it is ridculous. If we get a goal behind we dont know what to do.

We are  run as a  mid table club and will come mid table. It is simple as that.

Edited by The Fun Factory

The narrow formation is a nightmare, it didn't work last season and it sure won't work in 2013/14 or ever. Just hope it doesn't take lambert til February again to realise the error of his ways.

Today we played the formation we switched to in February - it didn't work today, but it did last season when we switched from a back three to it and picked up the points to get us out of trouble. Are you saying you think it went stale or that we're playing it differently this season?

• Like 1

The narrow formation is a nightmare, it didn't work last season and it sure won't work in 2013/14 or ever. Just hope it doesn't take lambert til February again to realise the error of his ways.

Today we played the formation we switched to in February - it didn't work today, but it did last season when we switched from a back three to it and picked up the points to get us out of trouble. Are you saying you think it went stale or that we're playing it differently this season?
Thought we added width last February ? The narrow shite we play now reminds me of early last season.

Thought we added width last February ? The narrow shite we play now reminds me of early last season.

We went through christmas with 5 at the back (or three and wingbacks if you're feeling optimistic) then found the current formation with Weimann and Gabby either side of Benteke - that worked for us. It took till February to work it out, but it did the trick. I don't think you can blame him for sticking with it - it sounds like your post is a request for Lambert to un-realise the error of his ways. 

I'd like to see us with more width at times, but to play that way we're going to need to find two wingers and a central midfielder who can hold the middle of the park - I think we're the best shape for us right now given the players we've got.

Just got back from the match and I genuinely don't think we were as bad as some have mentioned. Quite a few fans near me at least applauded the effort.

However it's annoying to be on the wrong side of the scoreline after matching them in terms of shots/chances.

Yeah but that is bollocks. Most of our shots were half hearted shots by Weimann miles from the box. The possession stats were worrying yet again- less than 40% of the ball at a home match.

Lol, why do you guys always vote for Delph?

What does he do that i can't see? I agree he's the best on our poor midfield, but every game?

Delph was clearly our best player

Who did you vote for then??

First of all, I have been a fan of Delph for quite a while, so I am definitely not trying to put him down. He is a very good player.

I am just curious how come, almost every game, the majority sees him as our best player?

And just so you don't think i'm trying to dodge the question, I voted for Antonio.

Â