• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke (for Kozak 61)
    • Sylla (for El Ahmadi 72)
    • Tonev (for Agbonlahor 79)

Another depressing home performance to add to all the others. Offered nothing til an extremely rusty Benteke came on, and yet again the two ronnies in defense played like an under 13's blind quadraplegics team. Midfield is way too lightweight, bring Sylla in and drop the woefully out of form Westwood.

I guess we just have to "pick ourselves up and go again" again. :(

No wonder you can't get an away ticket these days for love nor money, people have given up watching the s**t we serve up at home.

Too many players with limited ability.

Clueless in the final third

Spurs won at a canter and could afford to keep their better players on the bench until late in the game.

This is Villa under Lambert and my worst fears have been confirmed.

We are the new Norwich, only worse.

Well that was a waste of a Sunday afternoon. Villa need to seriously sort out the home form, embarrassing sounds about right. Midfield lightweight, formation again wrong and Benteke should of started no doubt, Kozak isn't a Benteke in disguise at all. Oh before I forget Dowd is a still a fat word removed

I don't think we played as bad as people are making out. We just got extremely unlucky with the first goal then the second went in right as we was building that momentum. I'm really struggling to see anything in Kozak though, I mean he really doesn't offer anything up front. He's extremely slow, doesn't win anything in the air, hasn't got the creative side like Benteke, I just don't know why we spent £7m for him.

• Like 2

As I said I voted for Delph as my MOTM, his weakness at times was his forward pass, I think he lacks subtlety with it which is surprising as when he is on a run you can't tell which way he's going to turn. He needs to make it harder to read for the defender

Guzan- 6  Made a few decent saves in the first half and from Paulinho in the second half.

Bacuna- 5 Did ok going forward but defensivly he was poor and kept giving the ball away.

Vlaar- 5 At fault for the second goal along with Westwood but did ok apart from that.

Baker- 5 Made some decent blocks and put himself about a bit. But that pass to Soldado was **** awful and Spurs should have made that mistake count.

Luna- 5 Going forward he made some decent chances but defensively that England legend Andros Townsend took him apart.

Westwood- 3 Absolutely shocking from him today as he has been for most of the season. Just let Soldado run into the penalty area for the second goal and gave the ball away too often.

Delph- 7 By far our best player today. He was the only midfielder driving forward and actually getting stuck in and chasing down the Spurs midfielders.

KEA- 6 He just did what he usually does today. Keep it tidy and don't give the ball away too often.

Weimann- 4 He needs dropping now. He looks shot of confidence and tired. Too many times today attacks broke down because of him giving the ball away through poor passing or crossing. His shooting was also atrocious today.

Kozak- 4 When he plays we lack any sort of movement as he just seems to stand still and expect the ball to come to him. Also gives the ball away too often.

Aggy- 5 Did ok made a few runs at the Tottenham defence but lacked any sort of quality dleivery.

Subs:

Benteke- 6 Gave the whole crowd a lift when he came on and its no coincidence that we created 5 chances in 10 minutes when he came on.

Sylla- 6 He did ok when he came on but should have came on for Westwood instead of KEA. Needs to start next game.

Tonev- 6 Got involved with the play and wanted the ball. Also made a great run at the end of the match but the pass was just to far ahead of Weimann. 

• Like 1

I don't think we played as bad as people are making out. We just got extremely unlucky with the first goal then the second went in right as we was building that momentum. I'm really struggling to see anything in Kozak though, I mean he really doesn't offer anything up front. He's extremely slow, doesn't win anything in the air, hasn't got the creative side like Benteke, I just don't know why we spent £7m for him.

We didn't spend 7mill on him so you can relax

Awful match for us but there some moments of magic, our high pressing in the opening minutes of the game was perfect but as soon as Townsend scored Spurs took over and our players were somewhere else. What irritated me most was the lack of coolness on the ball on every player in Villa. Delph MOTM for us because he was taking us forward, being cool in possession and not taking a shot as soon as the ball bounced to him. Weimann could easily have taken the ball down and with just one more touch score or at least test Lloris.

I was very impressed of Andros again, been following him a while since his loan spell at Millwall and he really have stepped up his game. Without a doubt the MOTM and the best player in Spurs.

Nonetheless a lose, a draw or a win, Villa til I die! UTV

I aint said this yet but I will now, kozak aint good enough, he gives us nothing and he's way to slow, we look nothing witout benteke and he should of started without a doubt, we started ok but then went back to the same old villa, we looked a much better team when benteke came on but that lasted for ten mins until they scored again, no shame losing to spurs but we were shit and spurs wernt at their best, can only see a draw at best against everton, back down to earth with a bang

I thought it was a pretty even game really. We had plenty of opportunities and really lacked any sort of composure in the final third. Their first goal was pretty lucky and their second was well worked but came as a direct result of Westwood being easily brushed off the ball.

Is Westwood really our best possible set piece taker? Surely Bacuna can take a corner?

Delph was pretty good, and I though Bacuna was excellent - most of our more threatening moves came through him.

Tonev's little cameo at the end was quite encouraging too. 

• Like 1

Sometimes we don't know what we get, but before some games we know exactly what we get. Today was a great example, we just lost to a team that is much better than us and we never had a chance. We never looked like scoring at 0-0 and our defensive setup is always a liability. 37% possession also very predictable, we must be very easy to play against at times. A small glimpse of hope when Benteke header over, but the cross was a bit high and he leaped as high as he could so it was never going to be a goal. I will miss the big guy when he leaves next summer, he is the only player that gets me really excited every time he plays. The rest is just a bunch of players that fit into a collective that needs 9+ players to thrive every week to work out, if not we are going to lose no matter what. Kozak just looks poor, I wonder if he was the replacement lined up for Benteke when he handed in the transfer request. I know Lambert said he had worked a long time to get him in, but if he was our first striker we wouldn't have any hope of top 10. I am not writing Kozak off or anything, but it is pretty clear that he is lightyears away from being a top tier striker in the Premier League. His tempo is off, he isn't that strong compared to the beasts from Belgium, his touch is clumsy and he spends a lot of time with his back against the goal. I wonder if Lambert had gone for Lukaku on loan this summer if Benteke had left, that is of course something we will never know for sure. Anyway, let's hope he can get back into shape and bang in the goals so our games become exciting again. Tottenham didn't play particularly well tonight, but they have a very good defensive unit and good enough players to score twice when decide to open the gaps for obligatory business. Oh and Westwood could/should have been sent off early on for that tackle, thank god he wasn't as that really could have been a painful game to watch.

Guzan - 7

Benteke - 7

Delph - 6

The rest - 4

Westwood - 3

Kozak - 2

Maybe spurs weren't at their best because we didn't allow them to be, just like sometimes we aren't at our best when certain teams try playing us a certain way. I don't give a sh*t how spurs played, we have enough about our team to beat a team of their ability. Maybe not everyone agrees but I think we aren't far off a good team ourselves. Some of our players just need a bit more experience and belief, oh and Benteke is key as well

Really not as bad as people are making out. I thought we were the better side in the first half, faded in the second apart from a good spell when Benteke came on. We lost to one lucky goal and the second against the run of play that killed the game off. We were neither great nor abysmal, just mediocre. Only real disappointment for me really is that Spuds didn't have to play better to beat us. 

I thought it was a pretty even game really. We had plenty of opportunities and really lacked any sort of composure in the final third. Their first goal was pretty lucky and their second was well worked but came as a direct result of Westwood being easily brushed off the ball.

Is Westwood really our best possible set piece taker? Surely Bacuna can take a corner?

Delph was pretty good, and I though Bacuna was excellent - most of our more threatening moves came through him.

Tonev's little cameo at the end was quite encouraging too. 

I thought so too about the first goal but looking at the replays you can see that Holtby took a look at Guzan before ducking his head so it was just a worldclass decision, or only luck but that was what i thought after looking at the replays!

Not a truly terrible performance but a thoroughly underwhelming one. We just have too many 'nothing' players who don't do anything particularly well. There's no attitude, no bite and we are beyond toothless in attack.

I hate to single players out but Kozak and Weimann look gash. On a positive note, Luna MOTM for me. Kept Townsend quiet for most of the game and had a few decent moments going forward.

Did he keep Townsend quiet for most of the game? Really?

In fact Townsend was MOTM and easily passed by Luna most of the times. Luna's lack of pace was obvious and he never even got the chance to tackle the winger when he strolled past him. Townsend scored a goal and must have had 6 or 7 crosses or attempts into the box, that is the definition of not keeping someone quiet! I think Luna was very naive today and he let them create things down his side all game, he should have laid lower and at times he was exposed for making poor offensive runs without any cover.

not a terrible performance, but not too inspiring either. hard work but little quality on the ball.

do think we need to try something tactically different at home to create more chances, I'm just not sure what the solution is with the players we have!

Â