• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke (for Kozak 61)
    • Sylla (for El Ahmadi 72)
    • Tonev (for Agbonlahor 79)

Tottenham have put 10 goals past us and conceded zero in our last three matches I think. 

They're our bogey team.

think Clark was the only goal we have scored against them in last 3 seasons. havent beaten them since 2008

Our fans almost hit Al Habsi with a flare then pre season at Walsall there was a flare and always recall the QF at the shit tip. Let's not be people in glass homes throwing stones.

I agree, unfortunate it hit the linesman but it wernt intentional, they do look good I must admit

Strange game. I thought we had a much better first half than the scoreline suggested, and it did seem to have knocked the wind out of our sails. We had brief periods where we looked like something might happen but, as previously mentioned, there's only 1 thing that matters overall and that's who scored the most goals. Again, it's a matter of taking our chances. It was similar at Hull, where I felt like we maybe rushed our shots a little too much (Weimann especially). Sometimes I think our forwards have a bit more time than they think they do to just take a moment to steady themselves before shooting. Can't say I expected us to get something out of it, but onto the next one with fingers crossed!

Just want to give a little kudos to Fabian Delph.

I noticed when they were walking out in the rain before the match Delph actually took off his jacket and put it around the shoulders of the kid that was holding his hand.

Sometimes it's the little things that tell you a lot about the person.

• Like 1

Just want to give a little kudos to Fabian Delph.

I noticed when they were walking out in the rain before the match Delph actually took off his jacket and put it around the shoulders of the kid that was holding his hand.

Noticed this too when I got back from the game and watched the Sky recording.

He also watches Breaking Bad so an all-round cool guy in my opinion!

• Like 1

The major problem at the moment is the players are playing as individuals and not as a team. How many times did our mazy runs go one player to many when a simple pass was on, we need some brains in there to organise the better individuals and not give the ball away so easily. Spurs are a decent side but we made it a walk in the park by not doing the basics.

Same old result at Villa Park, just the usual groundhog day, and btw I hate 4.00pm Sunday kick offs. Overall I don't think we were as bad as many are making out. My thoughts are:

1) Drop Weimann as he is so out of form its embarrassing. He was awful against Man City until he scored.

2) Westwood is another utterly out of form player and very sadly needs a spell on the bench. Their second goal was entirely his fault.

3) KEA runs around like a headless chicken high up the pitch (?) and gives the ball away with alarming regularity.

4) I feel sorry for the strikers as there is no link up play from the midfield. Kozak has clearly not adapted to PL at all but its hard to judge as he gets such poor service.

I feel like Delph's performance on Sun wasn't nearly as good as some are making out - as much as his dribbling skills are impressive, all it seemed to achieve was alienate him in the opponent's half. There's clearly a lot of potential there, but at the moment he's not a player that is really doing that much better than others. For me el Ahmadi was the star of the midfield, always making interceptions and tackles and staying tidy in possession.

For all the fuss is being made about how weak our midfield is, however, I reckon it's actually our attack that has been letting the side down - when you play three strikers, you need to be scoring a lot of goals. Gabs started the season like a man on fire but has flagged since and Weimann has been struggling to produce anything more than admirable endeavor.

That said, this performance wasn't terrible and with Benteke on the field we even looked like a point or three was in our grasp. Tottenham scored when they needed to and are a top team.

So yeah, overall a meh performance. Certainly nothing worth prophecies of doom.

Someone made a decent point earlier that we're actually not playing as well this season as we did (from February) last season. That is worrying - Westwood isn't performing and could've been red carded in almost every game he's played. I want to see more of Sylla and would probably keep KEA as his performances have eclipsed Westy's. Fact is our midfield is still very weak and we have limited resource when it comes to players in the middle of the park who can link with the attackers.

Someone made a decent point earlier that we're actually not playing as well this season as we did (from February) last season. That is worrying - Westwood isn't performing and could've been red carded in almost every game he's played. I want to see more of Sylla and would probably keep KEA as his performances have eclipsed Westy's. Fact is our midfield is still very weak and we have limited resource when it comes to players in the middle of the park who can link with the attackers.

true we arent playing that well yet, but it shows we can improve but also good to pick up results when not playing so good. I remember we went on a great run of away form in 08/09 but we werent playing very good at the time and was down to the spirit of the players

• Like 1

A nice limp dick performance and defeat to start off the working week

Tottenham in second gear on our own patch, pathetic

Weimann Westwood Kozak baker all dog shit

Lambert needs to rethink his tactics, we are one dimensional and our counter attacking style makes us look shit when we are at home

MOTM Luna

He's putting in some decent performances for us

Exactly how I saw it.

There are two things which makes me want Westy to be benched ..

1-He doesn't offer good things without the ball other than get booked or almost get red card .. While he isn't a true playmaker .. So playing him against top sides or those sides who play with strengths is waseful ..

2-He almost takes every set piece .. While we saw that Bacuna did a better job with it .. So with Westwood in the pitch I couldn't see Bacuna's taking many of them ..

Saying that .. He was one of our best players last year .. And could be useful this year .. But not to start every game ! And for Delph to move upfront comfortably .. We need Sylla and KEA to give the defensive duties !

3) KEA runs around like a headless chicken high up the pitch (?) and gives the ball away with alarming regularity.

Really wanted to address this point because I'm seeing it a lot. The reason KEA gives the ball away a lot is because he is the only one of our midfield players who is actually trying the forward pass (which is difficult because there is often no movement at all in our front 3). Westwood passes backwards and sideways almost exclusively. Delph is excellent on his mazy runs and dribbling past other players, but often when he gets to the final third he can't find anyone to pass to (again - no movement in the front three), so he also passes back to a defender. I watched KEA very closely vs. Spurs, and nearly every time he got the ball he made an attempt to turn and pass it up the pitch. Playing the difficult ball means you're more likely to be intercepted.

Of course if he didn't try the forward pass everyone would just be bitching that all he ever does is pass backwards (which is important also when you're trying to maintain possession).

• Like 1

Â