• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Kozak
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke (for Kozak 61)
    • Sylla (for El Ahmadi 72)
    • Tonev (for Agbonlahor 79)

The 5-3-2 could work with this current team. We have 2 new fullbacks, the fundamental position in 5-3-2 both of whom are naturally more adventurous and have more pace. It failed last year because Bennett and Lowton were so deep and negative, we were constantly penned back.

Sylla has been injured, but I think we could do with his presence in midfield, at the expense of Westwood or arguably El Ahmadi.

Whatever happens we still look vulnerable at the back and we continue to concede goals. We lack any true quality in central midfield or defence and for that reason we will continue to be inconsistent.

Delph looks like he's almost a good player. He's getting better, that's undeniable, which is great to see. He's got quick feet and good pace but he let's himself down sometimes giving the ball away.

We're less of a threat without Benteke, so I'm glad he's back in the team. Kozak isn't ready to fill the huge expectations Benteke shoulders on a weekly basis.

All in all I still see the club in a state of transition. We have for a long time had a lot of money badly invested in players who Lambert doesn't play. When were rid of them all, I'm hoping that the level of investment will increase, the squad will be stronger and we'll unearth a few more gems like Benteke. Until then I'm expecting us to be inconsistent in attack and vulnerable in defence.

Voted Luna motm. Delph played well as did Guzan. Thought our second half performance was shocking though, Spurs were not very good at all yet beat us comfortably. That first fluke goal doesn't go in and it could have been different I guess.

Lol, why do you guys always vote for Delph?

What does he do that i can't see? I agree he's the best on our poor midfield, but every game?

This.

He was OK but Guzan saved us from another arse kicking.

Up til 30 minutes there wasn't much in a crap game. Then Spuds fluked the lead, we did nothing.

At half time I forcast Benteke coming on after an hour, I was right.

I then forecast us giving Spurs the runaround but conceding a second, I was right.

That was game over, from now on I'll keep my thoughts to meself.

We looked great for the 8 minutes from Benteke's introduction til we conceded the second.

Getting pissed off with our shit home form and the amount of cash I am spending to watch us keep losing.

You all are miserable. We forced several good chances right after Benteke came on and probably should have been level.  Saldano's goal was against the run of play at that point in the game, and without it I think we get a draw.  

Under Lamert is has been the case of 2 steps forward 1 back. I hope today was just the 1 back. I think he needs a  good think before the Everton game, what is the best strategy to win at home with our current squad?

On another point, just watching motd2 what is going on with the camera angle? Its like watching it on the sidelines.  Chappers and co are allowed out to Villa Park today with a telly on the pitch?!

Edited by The Fun Factory

MOTD2 and sky both on the side of the pitch today, whats that all about?

So they are get really close to the pitch that cemented Spurs's title challenge? They have to occasionally show face and brave it by going to the regions. Don't worry I am sure that they are safe and tucked up back in London now.

Football is quite simple really, you take your chances, you improve your chances of winning.

We took our limited chances against Citeh and won, we had chances today, didn't take them and lost.

Townsend's soft goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and it took us time to get any momentum back then they score again, game over.

Sometimes it's a fine line and when you can't score, you're screwed and we were screwed today.

• Like 1

where is Albrighton anyway ?. MOTM against Spurs in the cup and i don't think i've seen him since

The same place as Herd, Given and Bennett. The out tray. Edit also N'Zogbia. I genniuely have forgotten he is still a Villa player. That 9 million was a bargain.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Football is quite simple really, you take your chances, you improve your chances of winning.

We took our limited chances against Citeh and won, we had chances today, didn't take them and lost.

Townsend's soft goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and it took us time to get any momentum back then they score again, game over.

Sometimes it's a fine line and when you can't score, you're screwed and we were screwed today.

Yes but in all fairness we didn't really create much. The only decent chances we had was the one for Agbonlahor first half and the Benteke one. whereas Guzan made two top drawer saves. The shot count is misleading as most of them were from distance and way off target. I don't think we deserved anything out of the game. 

Â