What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

18 hours ago, darrenm said:

I bought my Octavia on a 4 year PCP deal. £2k deposit and 6000 miles a year.

It's a nice car but I don't need it. I'm wondering about voluntary termination next year when it'll be 2 years. I'll have to ring VWFS at the time and see what they say.

I had a Toyota Auris hybrid 2015 on PCP 0% and massive discount that I did well out of.

Then 2017 did a lease (PCH) of a SEAT Ateca but the handing back process was a nightmare. The inspector gave me a bill for £80 even though I thought it was pristine. He said "trust me mate, you've kept this nice, this is a tiny charge. I'm normally giving out bills for thousands". 

Then swapped to the Octavia last year on PCP again. Kind of regretting it but now I'm in the habit of swapping cars every 2 years.

When I asked about termination on mine (audi but it's all VWFS) you had to have paid at least 50% of the finance to be able to terminate it for free. Then you just had to pay excess miles and any damage

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

When I asked about termination on mine (audi but it's all VWFS) you had to have paid at least 50% of the finance to be able to terminate it for free. Then you just had to pay excess miles and any damage

50% of the initial finance? So if it's £10k 4 year term you need to have paid 50% of that?

If the initial finance deposit was £2k then the 50% figure will be met before 2 years?

Unfortunately my mileage plans changed. I put 6k a year on the agreement because I work 4 miles from home and generally cycle, and the wife takes the train. In 18 months we've done 12k because she's had to drive to work for 6 months.

That said, I'm not desperate to change it. It's the perfect all round family car.

w8U1ndhOj3rXKOB5muLrMnxNjTfRb-QBcSWWU4h9FkUuw96IsvpysWA4qOlQgcxRoNAsk1Jbl7fcYC34cTlTl7ymh_SDHOfa1EWyX28jkZanM2t61OKqnchkLvlNPnvsxeCwvlMvzcK_jBeKKqxwrA_HYpJPDT_7azEhiNuxytmWOGtczD15AcH8waF0gMxwLLM2G1ZTF9GJNFTUEYICAw5lNF62cCYdwJ8IPEm5zzAK-s9BBGtGaUFX3jxYVzc-hXJRMvEbNx5SEnyJX8rhPNwcs3BfTxLAA8eZOt6EUJ9IIOitY9U9LEGDQp--gJa6JexX6GtPQqeUMaoP22npexZSWAaylATYUcbg6b0mAyRFq5ggmspQC7KN0HjJ0LxABF7Fd20KJwajAwRVsJmmUFustUhikeQDn40Sxh4rEIRbuY4HvjrMT54gWBOLrsGOwEsRuBvCMzVLYsaUoSS3uuB5yOzUV8-sXT_wlIXqKVxSzUBXR5MMjUimlhrRCDJl_g7ma_UJJSz1dij0ICKveb4oqMxxeuZqeyxD2SF8oOaV_YnGP0Mu2NMhmWLvWwK3cHmHdAZXk0KxSHTsK0MetkeKWtMmZGO-VqEprTKCauR21TrnY9LbRR3sm8lXj0SB-qptoNF2AiEZTx1JYR03TCNpiTx3qKwQcjbMWYkYemXSnUWb9CeHcIM=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

7 hours ago, darrenm said:

50% of the initial finance? So if it's £10k 4 year term you need to have paid 50% of that?

If the initial finance deposit was £2k then the 50% figure will be met before 2 years?

Unfortunately my mileage plans changed. I put 6k a year on the agreement because I work 4 miles from home and generally cycle, and the wife takes the train. In 18 months we've done 12k because she's had to drive to work for 6 months.

That said, I'm not desperate to change it. It's the perfect all round family car.

w8U1ndhOj3rXKOB5muLrMnxNjTfRb-QBcSWWU4h9FkUuw96IsvpysWA4qOlQgcxRoNAsk1Jbl7fcYC34cTlTl7ymh_SDHOfa1EWyX28jkZanM2t61OKqnchkLvlNPnvsxeCwvlMvzcK_jBeKKqxwrA_HYpJPDT_7azEhiNuxytmWOGtczD15AcH8waF0gMxwLLM2G1ZTF9GJNFTUEYICAw5lNF62cCYdwJ8IPEm5zzAK-s9BBGtGaUFX3jxYVzc-hXJRMvEbNx5SEnyJX8rhPNwcs3BfTxLAA8eZOt6EUJ9IIOitY9U9LEGDQp--gJa6JexX6GtPQqeUMaoP22npexZSWAaylATYUcbg6b0mAyRFq5ggmspQC7KN0HjJ0LxABF7Fd20KJwajAwRVsJmmUFustUhikeQDn40Sxh4rEIRbuY4HvjrMT54gWBOLrsGOwEsRuBvCMzVLYsaUoSS3uuB5yOzUV8-sXT_wlIXqKVxSzUBXR5MMjUimlhrRCDJl_g7ma_UJJSz1dij0ICKveb4oqMxxeuZqeyxD2SF8oOaV_YnGP0Mu2NMhmWLvWwK3cHmHdAZXk0KxSHTsK0MetkeKWtMmZGO-VqEprTKCauR21TrnY9LbRR3sm8lXj0SB-qptoNF2AiEZTx1JYR03TCNpiTx3qKwQcjbMWYkYemXSnUWb9CeHcIM=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

50% of the amount you've borrowed I think. So doesn't include the deposit. 

So a 30k car with a 15k optional payment at the end and a 5k deposit would be finance of 10k plus interest. If you've paid off half of that amount then you can give it back. I think!

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

50% of the amount you've borrowed I think. So doesn't include the deposit. 

So a 30k car with a 15k optional payment at the end and a 5k deposit would be finance of 10k plus interest. If you've paid off half of that amount then you can give it back. I think!

Yep, it's called voluntary termination

Did it this week with mine 

My deal was due to end December 2021

Edited by villa4europe

18 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm not sure if Infiniti has made it to the UK but it's Nissan's 'luxury' arm in the same way that Toyota has Lexus and Honda has Acura.

Infiniti has made it to the UK but you don't see many. Acura has never though as I think it is US specific? The higher end Honda models that are badged Acura in the US are still Honda's in the UK - I can only think of the old Legend and the NSX?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Am I the only one who thinks BMW have absolutely murdered their cars with the new front grill design? 

That's a non starter for me, ugly as **** 

They've been going downhill design wise since Bangle started designing them in the late 90's / early 00's

Yes you are right about the new grill though - horrific. Aimed at the Chinese market I think I read, as they love their gaudy and in your face designs 

4 hours ago, Xela said:

They've been going downhill design wise since Bangle started designing them in the late 90's / early 00's

Yes you are right about the new grill though - horrific. Aimed at the Chinese market I think I read, as they love their gaudy and in your face designs 

German cars are now aimed at the Chinese market and have been for quite some time. They pay well over sticker prices for Audi's out there. 

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

German cars are now aimed at the Chinese market and have been for quite some time. 

That’s a very odd statement.

We’ve been told by some very reliable sources that the UK is their key market to the point where BMW will force the German Government to force the EU to give us a good trade deal.

I think you need to check your facts mate.

• Haha 4

On 25/09/2020 at 23:44, Xela said:

The new grill is awful. I didn't mind the horisontal change of the elements, but the size of that thing now made it lose it's sex appeal. 

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

The new grill is awful. I didn't mind the horisontal change of the elements, but the size of that thing now made it lose it's sex appeal. 

Evolution of the 7 series grill

CirfPly.jpg

On 25/09/2020 at 21:59, villa4europe said:

Am I the only one who thinks BMW have absolutely murdered their cars with the new front grill design? 

That's a non starter for me, ugly as **** 

I've never been a BMW fan anyway. Some are ok, but in general I don't like them (personal preference)

But yeah the new grills are a bit ugly

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found this photo interesting. Just shows how big cars are getting. Ok i know its an 80's supermini against modern SUVs but still! 

vLWpOWJ.jpg

• Like 2

I'm assuming parking spaces have remained the same size? I'm not a 28 inch waist anymore so if anyone parks next to me in a car park, i'm like Stretch Armstrong, trying to squeeze out of the door! 

Â