What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Difficult to say. It changes.

Glad I’ve got a semi though.

I got one of those earlier, looking at a photo of Alisha Lehmann and Jacynta Galabadaarachchi in the new West Ham kit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After not seeing a Citroën Deux Chevaux in the metal for years, i've seen three in recent weeks around where I love. C'est magnifique!

Also saw a Renault Quatrelle as well today... LHD as well. Looked tiny as it sat in traffic with the bloated modern cars 

• Like 1

I picked my Caterham up yesterday, it was only a 30 mile drive home, I did it in 115 miles. :D 

Bloody love it, the weather isn't too bad over the weekend so I'm going to find some fun and quiet B roads to go on a, ahem, sensible drive. Never thought I'd find a vehicle that makes my mx5 look practical though. I mean, in terms of mod cons, you've got...seat belts. There's not even enough storage for my phone. Despite that, it's pretty damn comfy.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

Mentioned a few weeks ago, I'd found some pics of my old beamer (325i Sport) on a memory stick. Here they are. The favourite car I have owned

NB: the blue BMW 328i coupe in the background on the neighbour's drive was also mine 

p2mRdCF.jpeg

DbGydmK.jpeg

• Like 2

S4 goes back today 😪 I'm at VT 20,000m under my allowance so you can probably tell why I'm getting rid of it

Incredible car, I got it because it had the best cabin when I went looking round (maybe 2nd best to the volvo xc60) but the engine is stunning and so is the 4 wheel drive, the apr was low so the cost was high but the monthly payments were OK, it came with tonnes as standard, massage seats, the audi rings light on the floor when you open the door etc doubt I'll ever have a better car, certainly not a faster one

• Like 2

Picked my Q5 up last week. 

It's lovely but I'm not sure I love it. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful car, lovely and big inside, I got a great deal. But I loved my A5. 

it's the first time I've got a new car and missed my previous car. Usually I forget about my old car as soon as I sit in my new one. But this time I miss the old one. 

Id be surprised if my next motor wasn't in the Q range and expecting the same

In all honesty living in the city I use the train or walk for work and don't really need a car so will move house first

I'm hoping that when that time comes I'll be able to convince the wife to let me have one last hoorah and get a yank motor whilst I can here, camaro or charger but I doubt I'll ever manage that many brownie points 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Picked my Q5 up last week. 

It's lovely but I'm not sure I love it. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful car, lovely and big inside, I got a great deal. But I loved my A5. 

it's the first time I've got a new car and missed my previous car. Usually I forget about my old car as soon as I sit in my new one. But this time I miss the old one. 

I felt the same when I gave up my A5. I couldn't justify the price on a replacement Audi so went for a newish Tiguan. I felt like crying as I drove past the Audi on the forecourt that day. My working assumption is that I'll get a Q5 next but part of me wants the A5 back. Either that or I'll blow my budget and get an I-Pace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

I felt the same when I gave up my A5. I couldn't justify the price on a replacement Audi so went for a newish Tiguan. I felt like crying as I drove past the Audi on the forecourt that day. My working assumption is that I'll get a Q5 next but part of me wants the A5 back. Either that or I'll blow my budget and get an I-Pace.

I did look at going for another A5. Sportback this time (even though I much prefer the Coupe)

But with the recent facelift they must have hiked the prices as it worked out wayyyyy more expensive. Even than the Q5. 

So I couldn't justify it at all. The Q5 is lovely it's just so practical and grown up. sigh.

On 18/09/2020 at 22:38, Xela said:

Mentioned a few weeks ago, I'd found some pics of my old beamer (325i Sport) on a memory stick. Here they are. The favourite car I have owned

NB: the blue BMW 328i coupe in the background on the neighbour's drive was also mine 

p2mRdCF.jpeg

Puts the dross you see on roads today to shame. Lovely car especially when unmolested - distinctive exhaust note (stock exhaust). Good picture find. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, choffer said:

I do too many miles to lease so I’m still buying. 

I'm still paying off my last car - 18 months to go but started thinking about the next one.   My previous jobs have had 50-60 mile daily commutes, but I'm looking closer to home now which is why I'm looking at leasing. 

Yeah, I think I could get something much nicer for the price but 20-25,000 miles a year makes it entirely unaffordable. 
Having said that, as much as I like the thought of a prestige brand, my two main criteria now are efficiency and comfort. I dream of a Jag but in reality I’ll end up in a Prius. 

Â