World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

I feel sorry for Ukraine but they were in a world cup quite recently. And I hope they qualify for 2026 fingers crossed, I'll be cheering for them in their qualifiers then (well, apart from against England and Wales if they end up in the same group).

Edited by robby b
Correction (Ukraine have only been in one world cup, sorry for the mistake).

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Not even gonna lie, I cried a little at the end of that.

It wasn't that bad mate ;)

Congrats to Wales, be good for them to be at the World Cup. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, maqroll said:

An own goal, how sad.

Yeah I do feel sad for Yarmolenko, he seems like a really nice person and he was in tears at the end. ☹️ And if only Wales could have played any other country today and gone through.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

Yeah I do feel sad for Yarmolenko, he seems like a really nice person and he was in tears at the end. ☹️ And if only Wales could have played any other country today and gone through.

Yeah, it's an awkward occasion for Wales players and fans and not the most joyous way to qualify, but the alternative is not qualifying, so enjoy the W.

I'd hate to be Scottish right now. It would have been somewhat tolerable missing out on the World Cup again if Ukraine had qualified in a "greater good" kind of way. Instead they get to watch a home nation qualify for the first time in nearly triple the time they've waited 🤣

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, robby b said:

I feel sorry for Ukraine but they were in a world cup recently. I think they've been to two. And I hope they qualify for 2026 fingers crossed, I'll be cheering for them in their qualifiers then (apart from against England and Wales if they end up in the same group).

They only qualified for one that was in 2006

• Thanks 1

Â