Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Which is all great in theory but you're kidding yourself if you think productivity wouldn't take a massive hit

That doesn't really follow from any evidence, only anecdotes. Personally I get a lot more done at home as it's a much nicer environment and I'm not getting harassed by time wasters. 

I think in many cases people will be more productive in terms of output per hour. Tasks will be getting completed quicker without the distractions and nonsense of the office, but maybe I'm being overly positive/optimistic. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I created the petition so I kind of do.

I guess it's a pretty anti-Tory viewpoint really. Attempts to help the environment, health and people's welfare at the cost of a bit of power over employees.

Ahh my bad I hadn't made that connection it was your petition so apologies if the wacko line was taken personally 

I'm not a Tory so I'm not sure why you've gone for that angle , I'm anti labour possibly but that doesn't make me a Tory 

i can't argue with your intention but it's  flawed if you ask me ....taxing people to go to work is taxing the wrong people.... But why stop there why not make kids walk to school why not tax people that drive to a gym to walk on a treadmill  , why not tax Caroline Lucas for flying to Israel

• Like 1

On 2/7/2016 at 13:01, Xela said:

• Parents who allow their kids to run around restaurants screaming and shouting when people are trying to eat
  • The management of such establishments not having any balls to say anything or throw the offending families out
  • People who drive small cars but when they turn left, veer out right first, as if they are driving a truck
  • James Corden

James Corden. YES! What a annoying person this guy is, grown way to big for his boots and to think he has a OBE, he has done f*** all. Shit me they must give emm out like sweets. Me an my pals were talking about him recently, an he has proper landed on his feet, I've got mates funnier than him

Rant over.

James Corden. YES! What a annoying person this guy is, grown way to big for his boots and to think he has a OBE, he has done f*** all. Shit me they must give emm out like sweets. Me an my pals were talking about him recently, an he has proper landed on his feet, I've got mates funnier than him

Rant over.

It's not too bad now but circa 2010 he was **** everywhere!

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

If you want to increase productivity reduce to a 4 day working week. Reduce the working day length too. Motivated and refreshed staff will yield better results.

I'm totally convinced this would work, and have been since our workplace actually extended our working hours and gave us a payrise to make up for it.

No more work gets done. That's not how the job works really. You have a job and you do it. The fact I'm in the office for 3 more hours on a Friday makes no **** difference. 

It was basically a free pay rise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Disagree... Most times yes... But occasionally if you're really bad Imodium does f all

I've been hospitalised with diarrhea before (don't ask) and you couldn't be more right. Immodium works if you've got a small stomach upset, but it's not a cure-all. It's also worth pointing out that if your body needs to eject whatever it is that badly, and you've completely bunged up the anoos, then it's just gonna come right out the other end. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm totally convinced this would work, and have been since our workplace actually extended our working hours and gave us a payrise to make up for it.

No more work gets done. That's not how the job works really. You have a job and you do it. The fact I'm in the office for 3 more hours on a Friday makes no **** difference. 

It was basically a free pay rise. 

It doesn't sound like it was free? Just that you're paying for it with your time, instead of both your time and your labour. 

Edit: i did write a long reply to you Hanoi but the quoting is so **** up on this site it disappeared when it was posted!

Long story short, yes we paid with time, but most people would do the extra time anyway if there's a job to be done that requires 40 hours a week. We don't get anymore work done because we're here for 3 hours extra. If anything Fridays are less productive.

Edited by Stevo985

I agree with everything the good Dr Pangloss said, in the 21st century, what the **** are we all doing working 5 days a week, 37.5 hours for?  It's an archaic system/thinking which has not been bred out of us because the business owners/people who make large amounts of money don't want to change it - and why would they?

The people that make these decisions don't work those hours (most of them), they're playing golf on a Friday.

Since having my boy, and scarcely believing he's already 1 I've realized that I only see him a few hours a week.  I get home at 6 most nights, he goes to bed a 7.30 and from 7 we're calming him down, so let's say I see him 5 hours total on a weeknight.  Then I see him all day Saturday/Sunday.  He only grows up once and his nursery nurse see's him more than his mom and dad - there's something wrong with that.

Thing is, my role could easily be accomplished in 3 days hard work, 4 days at a relative canter, 5 days is wasting my time, but y'know - mortgage payments and that.  And I'd only be doing myself out of a job if I were to say "you do know someone could do my job in 3 days".

Stuck in the system and growing tired of it very quickly.  Thanks for my 25 days holiday (of which 4 have to be taken around Christmas) though yea?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Thanks for my 25 days holiday (of which 4 have to be taken around Christmas) though yea?

I would hate to just have 25 days holiday

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Ohhh a game of holiday Top Trumps  ... paging any teachers  , paging any teachers

also maybe page an unemployed or retired person. They get more holiday than anyone, the swines ....

• Like 1

Â