The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I think Lerner is an idiot but lets look outside the box.

As everyone agrees, he knows nothing about football, so he left the decisions up to people like Fox and Co.I think what happened then was that Lerner hired a few more dickheads ( probably on Fox`s advice ) and that brings us to where we are now.IMHO Lerner tok bad advice and the board is 99% responsible for the shit we are in. 

I heard from a guy once who said he knew a guy that met RL in a swank resort, and Lerner likes to talk with a cockney accent when he's by himself.

Just as reliable and more reasonable than most of the last few pages.  I'm not defending RL, but for cryin out loud.  "I heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another you been messin' around."

We really ARE bored and it's not even a transfer window.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I've heard that Randy likes to masturbate whilst watching Location, Location, Location.

Unfortunately my source could not confirm if it's Kirsty or Phil that sets his pulse racing......

Kirsty about 7 years ago I could believe - but now... Must be Spencer...

Edited by Jareth

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I heard from a guy once who said he knew a guy that met RL in a swank resort, and Lerner likes to talk with a cockney accent when he's by himself.

Just as reliable and more reasonable than most of the last few pages.  I'm not defending RL, but for cryin out loud.  "I heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard it from another you been messin' around."

We really ARE bored and it's not even a transfer window.

Mike Mckenna is for me one of the most respected posters on this site.  I have met Mike,  we disagreed on a lot of things,  at the start of my anti lerner rant years ago we disagreed then.  However if Mike says this I 100% believe it to have happened.  He is not a bull shit merchant and not posting for effect or for his own ego. 

Thanks for the insight Mike.  For what it is worth it chimes with what I have been told by very respected and connected business men in Birmingham too.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2016 at 14:10, MikeMcKenna said:

Villa but immediately went into a massive rant about Levy of Spurs. Something had happened between them; Lerner's line was something along the line Who the **** does Levy think his? He is ******* ******  and is going to ****** learn not to ****** mess with him etc etc His rant when on in a similar vein for some while. 

To be honest I'm shocked that Randy would care enough about anything Villa related to have this type of reaction... That's the bit I disbelieve the most.

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

To be honest I'm shocked that Randy would care enough about anything Villa related to have this type of reaction... That's the bit I disbelieve the most.

There is nothing to say it is Villa related!  Levy may have taken the piss out of Lerner's wive leaving him!

I would guess that's when Spurs mugged us off by getting us to pay a full season's worth of wages to Jenas even though he played 2 games for us.

I agree though with MM Daniel Levy himself gets stick but he's forgotten more about how to run a football club than Lerner has ever learnt.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I would guess that's when Spurs mugged us off by getting us to pay a full season's worth of wages to Jenas even though he played 2 games for us.

I agree though with MM Daniel Levy himself gets stick but he's forgotten more about how to run a football club than Lerner has ever learnt.

We mugged ourselves off :)

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Mike Mckenna is for me one of the most respected posters on this site.  I have met Mike,  we disagreed on a lot of things,  at the start of my anti lerner rant years ago we disagreed then.  However if Mike says this I 100% believe it to have happened.  He is not a bull shit merchant and not posting for effect or for his own ego. 

Thanks for the insight Mike.  For what it is worth it chimes with what I have been told by very respected and connected business men in Birmingham too.

I respect you and Mike. (I'm planning an April trip to Villa Park and would LOVE to meet you both and buy a pint.)   But with all due respect, you are still reporting what you heard from someone else, that's Hearsay and inadmissible in american courts (do they have such a thing in British courts?)

Anyway, when someone is despised it's pretty easy to find people with tales about how awful he is.  

On the reverse example:  I spent about 5 hours with Paul Faulkner over a weekend once and he was one of the most delightful, generous, humble and gracious people I ever met.  I don't think that proves that everything he did while at the club was spectacular.  He reported that RL was one of the most honest, genuine, people he'd ever met.  I've heard reports of Randy's genuine interest in AVFC, his strong ability to judge character, and his deep integrity from at least three people who have spent hours and hours of time with him.

My point is not that RL is a great person or a great owner.  His clear errors are far too blaring.  My point is that hearsay is not reliable evidence for very good reason.

No offense intended to you or to Mike and I'm serious about buying a round.  

• Like 4

Paul Faulkner was way out of his league, (no pun intended). But I don't blame him for taking a 120 grand a year job as Chief Executive of a famous football club, who wouldn't. I blame Randy for employing him at a time we needed football people. What I will blame him for though is befriending the enemy, an allowing McLeish to become manager of our club. 

On 11 February 2016 at 08:22, Villan4Life said:

Good double article in today's sun newspaper about Lerner and about villa.

Could someone copy the article from their website?

I read it....it's a good round up......but unless we was a fly on the wall how can we really  get a solid opinion on the important detail...they just let us know snippets.

On 11 February 2016 at 10:54, sharkyvilla said:

To be fair it would have been very risky to keep Houllier in the job with his history of heart trouble IMO.  The mistake was not making him director of football and bringing in a young coach to take on what he started, and going in the complete opposite direction with McLeish instead.  Interesting that Lambert said he offered to resign, it's been painted that he asked to be sacked, but this is the first time it's been made public isn't it?

It's not the first time I heard that.

On 4 February 2016 at 14:14, El-Reacho said:

Murphy marking Lerner's card was simply his default position because he'd fallen out with his best mate O'Neill. If Lerner had gone on to lead us to glory after that Murphy would still have had it in for him.

Pretty sure I remember reading that the first thing O'Neill did when he got the Villa job was take Pat Murphy and possibly one or two other journalists out for dinner.

There are lots of little clicks in the game.....that's why you have to take so much with a pinch of salt.

half of the talk and comments from journalists is vested interest.

I don't much care if a member of Aston Villa staff is a nice person or not, it's not my business to be judgmental.

I just want ones who can make an impact on improving our team.

its not a popularity parade.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â