West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Playing Anchiebe as a lone forward when Berahino is still there and Rondon scored in midweek is totally bonkers. No wonder they can't get shots on targets.

If they had 4-5 less points then I'd say they would be in serious trouble but think they'll scramble clear and Pulis will be sacked end of season.

It should be remembered West Brom spent more than us in the summer as they didn't sell Berahino.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Playing Anchiebe as a lone forward when Berahino is still there and Rondon scored in midweek is totally bonkers. No wonder they can't get shots on targets.

If they had 4-5 less points then I'd say they would be in serious trouble but think they'll scramble clear and Pulis will be sacked end of season.

It should be remembered West Brom spent more than us in the summer as they didn't sell Berahino.

He spent £8m on James Chester who has barely played and always looks appalling when he does (although to be fair, he's a CB and seems to always be brought in as a RB). In fact, they played again with four centre-backs across the backline today. It's willfully perverse. 

And the situation with Berahino is just stupid. He's clearly the most talented player at the club by such a long distance, yes his attitude is poor, but it's a chicken and egg thing, his attitude is poor because he doesn't get picked and he doesn't get picked because his attitude is poor. Something needs to happen to break the chain, and for Pulis it seems to me he has the choice of either a] being sensible and just picking him, even if he's lazy for a couple of games, or b] losing enough matches that they slip into real danger. 

My boggies supporting mate from work said there were chants of Pulis Out at the game today. He hopes Pulis will be gone in the summer but I've told him that I can't see Peace getting rid. He's got a manager who is happy to work on the [relatively] cheap, and just keep them in the league.

I saw a quote from Pulis today, post-match, where he commented that Villa had won 2-0 with only 3 shots on target. Is he a secret Villa fan? Or is he just embracing the boggies way and joining the obsession with all things Villa!?

36 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

My boggies supporting mate from work said there were chants of Pulis Out at the game today. He hopes Pulis will be gone in the summer but I've told him that I can't see Peace getting rid. He's got a manager who is happy to work on the [relatively] cheap, and just keep them in the league.

I dont think Pulis likes working on the cheap at all, he spent big at Stoke and has spent quite an amount at West Brom so far

There's a pretty solid reason why Berahino isn't playing. He's an absolute disgrace. Lazy, disinterested, waste of a shirt. And he's despised by his teammates, which doesn't help. As a result, he's shit.

It's like somebody saying "Rémi should be playing Jack Grealish regardless". Only a way more extreme case, in every sense.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There's a pretty solid reason why Berahino isn't playing. He's an absolute disgrace. Lazy, disinterested, waste of a shirt. And he's despised by his teammates, which doesn't help. As a result, he's shit.

It's like somebody saying "Rémi should be playing Jack Grealish regardless". Only a way more extreme case, in every sense.

It's odd though, many people who've met Berahino say he's a great lad, Ian Wright was saying that on MOTD a few weeks back, the Peterbrough chairman was saying it when he was on loan there, dosen't he do a bit of charity work in the Handsworth area aswell?

His story is very inspiring so I dunno does he just become a total arse at training between 10-1 and then revert back to being normal?

I think both west brom and berahino have behaved in a childish way which is only damaging the club and the player.

pulis clearly wants rid of him, berahino clearly sees hes career going nowhere under such a negative manager, the club wanted £15million in the summer and didn't get it, 5 months later after hardly playing they wanted £25million.

i can understand trying to price him out of a move if he was vital to the club, the fact they got offered £23million and turned it down was mental, childish and one they will live to regret

Berahino made one mistake in his career and players make them all the time and since then he has been labelled a troublemaker and arrogant. As for Berahino he wanted to go to the Euros and no chance a striker playing Pulisball will ever get a call-up so he was right to want a move. As for West Brom they got greedy and tried to do a Levy and got stung

• Like 1

If he was such an arsehole and a troublemaker then why didn't west brom take the cash from Newcastle and let him be an arsehole in the north east.

no ones winning in this situation. It's like 2 bald men arguing over a comb

• Like 1

I find it odd with Berahino, in that WBA value him at £25m+ but don't play him.

He has 3 league goals this season, which is surely devaluing him on the transfer market.

West Brom can't have it both ways - either play him to prove or retain his value or flog him as he's not playing regularly enough.

Berahino made one mistake in his career and players make them all the time and since then he has been labelled a troublemaker and arrogant. As for Berahino he wanted to go to the Euros and no chance a striker playing Pulisball will ever get a call-up so he was right to want a move. As for West Brom they got greedy and tried to do a Levy and got stung

I'm intrigued as to what you think his one mistake is.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm intrigued as to what you think his one mistake is.

football wise his behaviour on transfer deadline day, the guy story is inspiring that they could probably make a movie about his career

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

football wise his behaviour on transfer deadline day, the guy story is inspiring that they could probably make a movie about his career

Don't see the relevance of the second bit.

He was punched by James Morrison for being a complete dick. He's well known for his poor attitude to training, I am reliably informed it's obvious even during warm ups. His attitude on the pitch all season too has been dreadful. 

I  hope they beat the posh on Wednesday so they won't sack Pulis. They are playing absolute dire football and even on 29 points if they carry on like this, they can sucked down to the bottom 3. I think this is Pulis last season managing a top flight club. Fans are sick of him, he offers nothing.

What are the chances Tactics Tim rocking up at the Hawthorns in about a month's time? Either that or Pearson.

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Don't see the relevance of the second bit.

He was punched by James Morrison for being a complete dick. He's well known for his poor attitude to training, I am reliably informed it's obvious even during warm ups. His attitude on the pitch all season too has been dreadful. 

Apparently, he's a bertie big bollocks off the pitch as well from what I hear, flashing wads of money around in bars and restaurants in Birmingham, trying to impress people. I'm sure he's not the only footballer who does that, but it all adds up to paint a poor picture. 

I do find it odd that the Baggies keep rejecting bids for him though

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I  hope they beat the posh on Wednesday so they won't sack Pulis. They are playing absolute dire football and even on 29 points if they carry on like this, they can sucked down to the bottom 3. I think this is Pulis last season managing a top flight club. Fans are sick of him, he offers nothing.

What are the chances Tactics Tim rocking up at the Hawthorns in about a month's time? Either that or Pearson.

Without Pulis they would be relegated by now. 

I dont think Pulis likes working on the cheap at all, he spent big at Stoke and has spent quite an amount at West Brom so far

I re-worded my post before I sent it, 'relatively cheap'. He's been given money at Baggies, he spent something like £8m on Chester, and then a few more mil (I'm guessing) on McLean and McMannaman(sp?).

He's had money, but it seemed that in January he was told he needed to sell before bringing in any permanent deals.

I think Pulis is happy with the little investment that he'll get there.

Â