Rino8

Magical appointment. 

They already have a bloody good squad when everybody is fit and no doubt Klopp will bring in some gems to strengthen it further. Can see them going on a winning run this season with the kind of lift he is going to give the club. Every man and their dog at Anfield is behind him and its not often you have that in sport. 

**** football :(

• Like 1

they have far from a bloody good squad Danny Ings, Dejan Lovren, Martin Skrtel, Mignolet would testify to that

Ings is absolutely fine as a 3rd striker. The defence is weak but they will strengthen that with a German goalkeeper in Jan. 

I'm gonna go against the grain and predict a failure. Only 1 job and never played or worked in England (or with the British media). 

It won't go well.

Liverpool expects him to break and hold a place in the top 4 but they simply do not have the squad or money to do that.

Edited by Genie

I'm gonna go against the grain and predict a failure. Only 1 job and never played or worked in England (or with the British media). 

It won't go well.

Liverpool expects him to break and hold a place in the top 4 but they simply do not have the squad or money to do that.

Only one job?  From recollection, he got Mainz to the Bundesliga for the first time in their history and into Europe before achieving Dortmund's first ever double-winning season.

Klopp is a class act and strong manager.  I think he'll be a complete hit.  Liverpool have made a great appointment.

Yes, sadly Genie your 'against the grain' opinion (which I would love to turn out right by the way) seems to be based on not knowing what Klopp has actually done.

The way this league is gifting points to one another, they'll be top 4 by Christmas.  They're 3pts off the CL right now with Leicester, Palace and West Ham above them :(  Any improvement at all (and that squad has bags of improvement in reserve...) will see them instantly jump above the rank and file.

Yes, sadly Genie your 'against the grain' opinion (which I would love to turn out right by the way) seems to be based on not knowing what Klopp has actually done.

I know exactly what he has done, I just don't buy that its a certainty he is going to push Liverpool up into the top 4 and beyond based on limited experience in 1 league.

Its incredibly competitive and I don't see Liverpool adding 3,4 or 5 £200k/w calibre players they need to be able to hold a place at the top table, regardless of their manager.

I know exactly what he has done

Fair enough.  It's just when you opened with "only 1 job" when he has done very significant things with 2 clubs, you can appreciate why the reader might think you didn't know what he had done.

I see, my bad wording. 1 job relevant to the task at Liverpool (i.e. competing at the top of the table).

He was releagated at Mainz (nobody mentioned that funnily enough?) and also didn't get them back up. You might say this was on a par with a Chris Hughton or Ian Holloway.

He had success with a Dortmund side blessed with some great players, you might say this was on a par with Harry Redknapp at Spurs or Even MON at Villa because you cannot say that the standard of the Geman top flight is as competitive top to bottom as the premier league.

To automatically state that he will romp to the top of the premier league table with that  chequered record is a bit naive personally. He has a big personality for sure. Time will tell.

Â