Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Out of curiosity, what would people like to do with the money if Randy sanctioned 20 million in the January transfer window?

Divide it equally and hand it out to every fan who has the staying power to turn up for the last home game of the season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

All it literally takes is 2 good weeks for us and 2 sets of bad results for our rivals and we're right back in it.

Not really, I'm afraid.

First, it would require three weeks, not two, where we won every match and all our relegation rivals lost all of theirs.

Then - and this is the crucial thing that the posters saying "It's easy, all we need to do is make up 7 points and we are safe" are missing - we would need to perform consistently better than 3 other clubs for the entire rest of the season.

If you really think this squad has shown it is capable of that - and that other teams have shown they will suddenly start performing consistently worse than us - you are entitled to your opinion but it is wrong to portray it as an easy task. It would be one of the most incredible escape acts in the entire history of the premier league.

Let's hope we can do it!

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, NeilS said:

I was in the "still remained hopeful" category a few weeks ago, but that hope has now totally been knocked out of me after the last couple of results. I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact we are down. This team echos the 86/87 team in that we had young hopefuls then who turned out to be duds.

We made a big mistake in the summer by not buying a couple of decent centre backs. Richards was always a massive gamble, and Clark has reverted to type after a half decent season last year. With Hutton and Richardson either side of them and Guzan behind them, that defence reeks of disaster. We don't stand a hope of surviving with so many mistakes and goals being gifted to the opposition. Yes mistakes happen, but not to the level we are experiencing. I think Garde is going to struggle to organise these clowns into any kind of cohesive unit.

You brought up net spend as spending money was a guarantee. You've now explained it and I think we all agree on it. The biggest thing we had to do it he summer was replace Bentekes goals. We haven't. Instead we buy Gestede but don't have any players who can cross the ball to him! It's one big **** up! 

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Not really, I'm afraid.

First, it would require three weeks, not two, where we won every match and all our relegation rivals lost all of theirs.

Then - and this is the crucial thing that the posters saying "It's easy, all we need to do is make up 7 points and we are safe" are missing - we would need to perform consistently better than 3 other clubs for the entire rest of the season.

If you really think this squad has shown it is capable of that - and that other teams have shown they will suddenly start performing consistently worse than us - you are entitled to your opinion but it is wrong to portray it as an easy task. It would be one of the most incredible escape acts in the entire history of the premier league.

Let's hope we can do it!

I'm not saying its going to happen or that i expect it to, but that it CAN happen. It's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility. It's not a foregone conclusion like some people are making out.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this team has relegation written all over it.

Its been coming for 4 years and finally its upon us. This would be the greatest escape in the last 25 years at least (I hate all the 'PL history' nonsense as if football was created in 1992), and sadly I think it's beyond us.

Edited by Woody1000
  • Like 1

Tell you what concerns me. Say a miracle happened and we somehow stayed up, Garde will be a much lauded manager and I could see another club coming in for him. If that happened, and I was him, I would be off in a flash. 

We would then be left looking for a new manager and a summer of YouTube videos to know more about our new signings. 

The inevitable will happen whilst Lerner is here. 

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Divide it equally and hand it out to every fan who has the staying power to turn up for the last home game of the season.

I guessed at a final crowd of just over 30,000

20 million of Randy's money divided between 30,000 Villa fans came to.........6 6 6

I think that just about sums it up. The guy can't even give money away without it turning to shit and somebody losing their soul.

We have 25 games left to get sum results. We are overdue sum good luck. Sum penalties & sum good results against teams we should have no hope against. We will play all the teams were fighting against and can claw our way back in and overtake them. We need to be 1 point better than Norwich. Bournemouth. Newcastle. Sunderland

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That's the absolute least of our worries right now!

I know it is.

I guess I am saying that, even if we did stay up by some miracle, we would probably lose the man who made it happen and we would probably be facing the same situation next season.

I think I would rather we just get it over and done with, if nothing behind the scenes is going to change.

4 hours ago, dakid007 said:

We have 25 games left to get sum results. We are overdue sum good luck. Sum penalties & sum good results against teams we should have no hope against. We will play all the teams were fighting against and can claw our way back in and overtake them. We need to be 1 point better than Norwich. Bournemouth. Newcastle. Sunderland

If I thought luck was playing a big part......I would fancy us to stay up.

8 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I've stood next to Guzan and he's about 6'5"

8 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I read some where he was 6'2"....fair enough

I thought he looked smaller.

4 hours ago, dakid007 said:

*Some

47 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

47 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I read some where he was 6'2"....fair enough

I thought he looked smaller.

I have said many times on here this TEAM is not good enough....and I stand by that.

but if our survival  was relating to technical ability alone, I believe we would stay up.

Thats why I think the manager has such a difficult job.

I think the team is good enough to stay up over the course of a season. But I think the team has been less than the sum of its parts so far.

Whether it's good enough to stay up from this point, regardless of who is manager, is another issue. I suspect they aren't.

On 11/30/2015, 8:10:18, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Out of curiosity, what would people like to do with the money if Randy sanctioned 20 million in the January transfer window?

pay the 3 teams above us to lose a few games...

• Like 3

Â