The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Frankly, if Allardyce is off to Sunderland, that'll be them safe. Meanwhile we sit and wait another few months in case Sherwood suddenly turns into the British Jurgen Klopp, whilst we sink further and further away from safety.

Yay, my club!

• Like 3

Houllier may have been OK given time. We played some good stuff under him. Some shite too, but that tends to be the norm for us. It's been a while since we were fun to watch.

I agree here. If we lost the cry babies and he brought in some of his own players we could have moved on from there and who knows? Just proves with a half decent manager we can be good.

I know we can't attract a manager like Liverplop have with Klopp, but I think it would prove alot if we could. This team plus a proven striker in jan could be great, I really believe that. Its really down to a manager who can "knit" this team together.

Unfortunately, I think we know its not going to be sherwood to bring the bit of success we need this season.

Edited by foreveryoung

Good, glad he's gone to Sunderland.

We don't need him, the pieces will come together and we will creep back up the table. Keep the faith.

Way way to late for faith. What faith most people had in Sherwood was eroded by the performances than wiped out by his frankly increasingly odd and delusional interviews.

Houllier may have been OK given time. We played some good stuff under him. Some shite too, but that tends to be the norm for us. It's been a while since we were fun to watch.

You seem to be forgetting he had another serious issue with his heart.

Not too many more managers for Sherwood to hide behind now. Rodgers and Advocaat have gone and Mourinho will stop being talked about once Chelsea smash another 8 goals passed us next weekend. The only other manager the media will talk about, when not tracking Jurgen Klopp's every **** whereabout, will be Steve McLaren.

Sack Sherwood and go all out for Brendan Rodgers. He's another word removed but at least he knows what he's doing better than Sherwood does.

I kind of agree that our squad doesn't suit Sam's typical style but then I don't believe there's a squad out there that suits Tim, whereas Sam is a football manager.

I supported Sherwood and thought he would do well.  I was ecstatic at the start he made, but now, I think we need to do something. We lost Delph and Tekkers and although we thought it was a new dawn with him replacing the squad it has come severely lacking.  Can it all be his fault?  Not for the players bought (as I'm sure Henrik had a say) but for the way, week-in, week-out, we've looked, erm, bizarre.   I forgave him whilst "his" side bedded-in but his management now completely baffles me.  We looked like we were finally looking like a decent outfit off of the pitch and now it seems to be in crisis management mode again.  

Don't go by your instinct this time Mr Fox, make the right decision and make the change to ensure PL survival.  I frankly don't care who we bring in now. nor whether the football is ugly, as long as the team gets (well starts, let's be honest) playing to get points on the board.  Ensure PL survival and assess our options thereon in. 

Edited by trekka

Next manager to leave post - McClaren 2.75, Mourinho 5.0, Sherwood 7.0. 

These odds baffle me. 

Looks about right to me. We're not exactly known to be quick off the mark to get rid of underperforming managers.

We don't need him, the pieces will come together and we will creep back up the table. Keep the faith.

Way way to late for faith. What faith most people had in Sherwood was eroded by the performances than wiped out by his frankly increasingly odd and delusional interviews.

You're right 8 games is waaaay too long.

He took over in February and even then made mistakes aplenty. A high line against Southampton, even Stevie Wonder could see what was wrong there.

• Like 3

He took over in February and even then made mistakes aplenty. A high line against Southampton, even Stevie Wonder could see what was wrong there.

and had he been on he probably would have scored against us to

How many would you like him to lose? 

• Like 1

Money isn't everything, for all I know, he might really love the job and be desperate to do well, and if  he gets sacked he might spiral into a tragic depression for life. I still think he should be replaced though.

• Like 1

I don't enjoy hoping someone loses their job.

Im sure the 2-3 million quid pay off will see him ok. Its not like it's the pretty girl in the office being made redundent.

I'm sure the cockerknee jibber jabber will see him ok

He'll have a decent career as a get out of jail hire in March jeer them up manager, it's the can he build a team where does he take them from here experiment that's fell on its ass. Spurs saw it we didn't

I don't enjoy hoping someone loses their job.

I enjoy hoping we stay in the Premier League and at this point in time I firmly and honestly believe they amount to exactly the same thing.

• Like 1

Â