Tom Fox

Cracker1234

I think many are underestimating Fox here, the thing with Lambert was he always had Lerner in his corner hence the dithering, this one will be if Fox wants him out he will be gone in a shot.

I am not so sure on this. If Sherwood was Fox’s choice then is he really going to go to Lerner and say the manager I chose a few months ago, the manager who succeeded in his only remit to keep us up last season and threw in the bonus of a cup final, the manager who we have allowed to oversee a huge turn over in players over the summer, well we are now 8 games into the new season and I think I may have dropped a bollock. I just don’t see it at this stage. It is going to cost I’d imagine upwards of 5 mill to pay off Sherwood and his staff. Now before the expected well relegation will cost us x amount of millions it is still a big call for Fox to admit a few months ago he was wrong and it is going to cost millions.

It is highly unlikely we will sack Sherwood anytime soon and certainly not before the Swansea game.

I think many are underestimating Fox here, the thing with Lambert was he always had Lerner in his corner hence the dithering, this one will be if Fox wants him out he will be gone in a shot.

I am not so sure on this. If Sherwood was Fox’s choice then is he really going to go to Lerner and say the manager I chose a few months ago, the manager who succeeded in his only remit to keep us up last season and threw in the bonus of a cup final, the manager who we have allowed to oversee a huge turn over in players over the summer, well we are now 8 games into the new season and I think I may have dropped a bollock. I just don’t see it at this stage. It is going to cost I’d imagine upwards of 5 mill to pay off Sherwood and his staff. Now before the expected well relegation will cost us x amount of millions it is still a big call for Fox to admit a few months ago he was wrong and it is going to cost millions.

It is highly unlikely we will sack Sherwood anytime soon and certainly not before the Swansea game.

For Fox it is business, if he can see that there is no improvement coming and he's effectively already started the blame game, then it shows he's out of his dept and is trying to protect his own image. It'll cost us millions to sack him but it will cripple the club should we go down.

Whats the point in firing him then?

We will be too far adrift on points for anybody who has half a brain to come in and take the job

If we stick with him till xmas he will probably still be our manager in the championship next season

Edited by AshVilla

Well TF sat idly by while WBA appointed Pullis , and now looks set to do the same with Big Sam poised for Sunderland - Hes going to look even more of a prize tit - if he dumps Sherwood after the next couple of games. 

Its 90% certain that Sherwood can't cut it at this level - TF seems to want to wait until its 100% - I despair at the guy.

It reality it will be Tom Fox that keeps us up (sacks Sherwood and appoints an actual manager) or sends us down (waits too long to sack Sherwood). So the ball is in his court and he'll decide the fate of Aston Villa.

• Like 3

It reality it will be Tom Fox that keeps us up (sacks Sherwood and appoints an actual manager) or sends us down (waits too long to sack Sherwood). So the ball is in his court and he'll decide the fate of Aston Villa.

Very True - and I have very little confidence he will do the right thing at the right time. 

Very True - and I have very little confidence he will do the right thing at the right time. 

like that time he sacked Lambert and appointed Sherwood to keep us up and get us to a cup final?

• Like 1

like that time he sacked Lambert and appointed Sherwood to keep us up and get us to a cup final?

Was that the right thing at the right time ?  - should he not  have sacked Lambert earlier and Got Moyes or Pullis in ? - then I don't think we would now be looking at making another change now.....

If Fox isn't busy talking to out of work managers right now regardless of what happens against Chelsea we really are up excrement creek.

Yup thats about the long and short of short of it - probably get Brendan Rodgers at the end of Jan..........

he definite made the right decision not bringing in the charlatan Pulis and Moyes was in Spain before Fox really got into the Villa job

You keep calling Pulis a 'charlatan'. I don't see how that makes any sense. He doesn't expend any effort pretending to be something other than he is. 

• Like 3

he definite made the right decision not bringing in the charlatan Pulis and Moyes was in Spain before Fox really got into the Villa job

You keep calling Pulis a 'charlatan'. I don't see how that makes any sense. He doesn't expend any effort pretending to be something other than he is. 

It seems to be VT's word of the season.

Was people in the media(one particular football host  who I cant stand) last season claiming he should have got the United job ahead of Van Gaal :unsure: also the same media building him up like he was a tactical genius even though he is no better than Eck

Was people in the media(one particular football host  who I cant stand) last season claiming he should have got the United job ahead of Van Gaal :unsure: also the same media building him up like he was a tactical genius even though he is no better than Eck

But my point is that doesn't make him a charlatan. It makes some people in the media a bit deluded. 

Not as good as many people say he is.

He wont act now despite all the evidence, he will dither until the job for the next man is impossible and anyone of quality will rule themselves out.

Tim was his call while Lambert wasnt and that is the difference  

Have you got next week's lottery numbers?

Yes I do

Not as good as many people say he is.

He wont act now despite all the evidence, he will dither until the job for the next man is impossible and anyone of quality will rule themselves out.

Tim was his call while Lambert wasnt and that is the difference  

Have you got next week's lottery numbers?

Or are you privvy to what Tom Fox is thinking because you're saying that with a seemingly high degree of certainty as to what he will/won't do. 

Time will tell if I am right. I hope I am wrong and he acts quickly.

Â