To the tune of Robin Hood:

Carles Gil, Carles Gil,

Takes you on for fun,

Carles Gil, Carles Gil,

Always on the run,

Give him the ball,

He's gonna score,

Carles Gilllll, Carles Gilllll,

(...Or something like that. Simple, repetetive, and a tune that people know!)

How are pronouncing his name by the way, Hill?

It better be Hill or i'm going to have to apologise to that Gooner I work with for verbally bitch slapping him earlier for the mispronunciation and lack of Spanish style lisp when uttering his name. ;)  

It is Hill

Although to be really proper you need a raspy H sound.

If Valencia came in today and said 'o we made a mistake selling him and want him back', here is 10 million, how many of you out there would take their offer?

I would respond as follows:

"Thank you for your kind offer. We shall consider it and commit to formally accepting or refusing your offer over the duration of the next four seasons."

Think it's pronounced like KHILL - from the back of the throat It's hard to write it down (a bit like having phlegm in your throat) - just asked a couple of Spaniards I work with in London.

technically, phonetically it's HEEL.

That's what the commentator on Match Of The Day 2 was saying last night... "Heel"

Best debut I've seen for a long time and what a brilliant brilliant goal

However, and I know I'm going to get crucified for this, not a moan as such but a concern, my only downside is that Gil needs to make sure that he is as effective when we don't have the ball as he clearly is when we are in possession. It wasn't terrible by any means but there were occasions when he was slow to get into shape. Chelsea expect it of Hazard for example and we must expect it from Gil.

We can get away someone not working back in a 4-5-1 but need it if we go 4-4-2 otherwise we will get overrun

Can I just say.....bollocks to that!

Just do what you do best Carles.

Has Lambert ever played 442?? He'll develop the defensive side of his game but ultimately he is here to create. Once he can communicate with the whole team properly they should become more fluid in positions so if he does go on a wander the other players shift across to cover. One of our biggest problems is we very rarely rotate positions during games. Gil can play anywhere by the looks of things so others may need to adapt to him rather than us curbing his creativity.

I absolutely agree that he needs to be the creative hub of the side. He had a good debut and scored a wonderful goal but on a couple of occasions lost the ball in dangerous areas and was slow to get back into position - nothing terrible but just something to watch.

His focus will of course be 80:20 on attack but he needs to ensure that he does the ugly stuff too - Hazard does it with Chelski, Silva does it for Citeh, Cazorla does it for Arse and I'm sure Gil will do it for us

I think having Gil around will get Delph to raise his game

If Valencia came in today and said 'o we made a mistake selling him and want him back', here is 10 million, how many of you out there would take their offer?

20 million or you can go **** yourselves! :D

:) I certainly hope they dont have a reported 12 million deal in place to buy him back if we decide to sell somewhere down the line.

Hello Gordon,

Thanks for your views on Carles always good to get new fans on to VillaTalk with views of our players. Did Carles ever score any goals like that for Elche?!

Also I watched a bit of your match against Barcalona the other day as you seem to be our new feeder club. Quite the battering. Still we've all been there.

Edited by villaglint

Hello Gordon,

Thanks for your views on Carles always good to get new fans on to VillaTalk with views of our players. Did Carles ever score any goals like that for Elche?!

Also I watched a bit of your match against Barcalona the other day as you seem to be our new feeder club. Quite the battering. Still we've all been there.

Thanks for mentioning it, I'd only just got over it.

Strangely I was quite happy with things for the first 55 minutes until the penalty and sending off, then it will went kind of... well.

This video works for me but there's a chance it's blocked, this has all his goals for Elche

I don't think he scored as many as he should, but these are all good finishes - what do they say about not a great goalscorer but a scorer of great goals?

Goal 2 is in a local derby, you can probably guess the opponents in goal 4, and goal 5 is with the right foot.

Someone asked earlier about Gil chants? how about:-

There's only one Carles Gil

Fixed.

There's only one Carles Gil, we used to be shite, but now were alright! Walking in a Carles wonderland. 

Â