• Tonev
    • Benteke
    • Kozák (for Benteke 28)
    • Helenius (for Agbonlahor 61)
    • Sylla (for Tonev 77)

This poll is closed to new votes

Not this one.

Well done for proving my point.
What we're doing currently is taking small risks and trying out inexpensive players in the hopes that some of them will come through fine. I would think that means unusually few of these players will actually make it. To me Tonev is an epitome of a project like this. And my opinion is that he will fail.

On the other hand I agree with you that our crowd isn't always behind our players in home matches which infuriates me.

So you've already written him off? But then you say our crowd doesn't get behind the players which annoys you?

Erm take a look in the mirror.

I know what you're saying, but outside of this board, where I express an opinion, I don't express my displeasure. Well, except for in the heat of the moment, ofcourse.

A better performance than against Newcastle but still way short of what I want to see although a wins a win.

Guzan was exceptional, finally a clean sheet Whoooooa.

Bacuna did very well, Lowton will have to up his game to get back in.

Luna improved and worked hard.

Clark is proving some of us wrong, he is doing well.

The rest just meh, again the midfield was over run and unable to keep possession or control the game at any point, a forward line the is reactive instead of moving in anticipation. And in Tonev we now have another whole level of bad.

I just hope that Benteke isn't out for long, Kozan finished his goal well but apart from that wasn't really in the game and never lead the line like I would expect a CF to do. However with our midfield and the awful positions that Gabby and Wieman play it's not surprising. I said it last week to me he doesn't look good enough but he's here now and I believe he needs wingers who can cross a ball and then we will see the best of him.

Kozak made some really moves off the ball, some very silky play with Weimann or Tonev too at one point (think it may have been Tonev). 

He isn't as quick as Benteke but he looks like he can get himself into space, I think we will need to feed him though unlike Benteke who can usually make a goal himself.

As long as our players can find him, I reckon he will find the space, give him a chance.

Each to his own but I must have watched a different player to you as I thought he was pretty awful. I will never write any player off though as we have seen many players get used to the pace of the Premiership and improve. I really hope that he becomes the player that you see but I haven't seen anything so far that gives me confidence in him.

He took his goal well although if Ruddy hadn't of saved his 1st shot it would have gone for a goal kick, great work by Gabby though to set him up and as I said he took it well opening his foot and finishing well. From what I have seen he might thrive on crosses but we don't yet have those players who can cross a ball in this formation.

Tonev got more joke votes than Clark got votes. Unbelievable. As I said in his thread just, our best player, followed by Guzan

Only negatives out of that

Injuries to key players, one dropped which is Lowton which is positive as it reminds him his place isn't for granted

Benteke's hip injury. I hope he's back soon

Tonev's performance in general. Bar a five minute period where he tackled and distributed well, he was abysmal. Not written him off, but a very poor first start. Plenty to come though.

Luna and Weimann very slack in defence, kept getting the runaround from Snodgrass and Martin

Positives.

Gabby and his sharpness, excellent work for our goal.

Kozak for getting his first league goal, got to be a good confidence booster

Delph good again, his quietest game so far yet still rant and tackled and whatnot very well

KEA had a good game in Westwood's absence

Bacuna excellent at right back, kept the media's token favourite at Norwich crap and kept letting him try his wild shots/crosses but dogging around him the rest of the time

Guzan's wondersave from the Hooper miscue and the penalty save as well as mopping up all of Norwich's crosses

Clark's towering performance at the back, physically dominated a big striker in Elmander with some ease.

The thing I liked about Bacuna yesterday, is that he always had a smile on his face. He played with confidence, and frustrated Redmond.

For the team, Tonev was too selfish and we could have 2-3 chances if he'd just passed rather than let fly. Obviously we were all shitting ourselves when Benteke went off, but Kozak stepped up and did the exact job he was meant to do. He does however need to work on winning it in the air, especially from Guzan's clearances. Something Benteke does easily.

Clean sheet was a massive bonus as well. Helped by another great Guzan performance.

Edited by AVFC_Hitz

Didn't know which thread to put this in but I just watched goals on sunday...they showed about 30 seconds of highlights and then talked about us for another 30 seconds. Takes the piss!

Yeah, but in all honesty it wasn't a headline grabbing game. 

Didn't know which thread to put this in but I just watched goals on sunday...they showed about 30 seconds of highlights and then talked about us for another 30 seconds. Takes the piss!

They could have still given us at least 5 mins. I was thinking maybe it was cause it was a BT sport game?

They could have still given us at least 5 mins. I was thinking maybe it was cause it was a BT sport game?

It is yeah. Sky can pretty much show the goals and not much else for BT games.

Bacuna was poor on debut against Liverpool but 2 matches later he was one of our better players.

Tonev made a lot of mistakes but you have to give him time to adjust to the pace of the game. I refuse to belive that anyone can call it after one solitary start for us.

I thought Helenius showed some good signs, while Kozak showed he is not Benteke lite but a different type of striker all together. He also showed some ability in defending set pieces, which is something Benteke has struggled with.

• Like 2

Â