• Agbonlahor
    • Delph
    • Tonev
    • Benteke
    • Kozák (for Benteke 28)
    • Helenius (for Agbonlahor 61)
    • Sylla (for Tonev 77)

This poll is closed to new votes

Played off the park by Norwich. This is going to be a long season.

And won.

Better than being the better team against Chelsea and coming away with nothing. Plus Norwich have spent a fair bit of money in the summer, I don't know why people think we should be brushing them aside so easily?

We lost Bentek after 28 mins and lost Gabby in the second half. Luna, Bacuna, Tonev, Kozak, Helenius are all new players for us, so obviously they'll need time to gel - that's nearly half the team!

We needed a win and we got it, so I for one am happy! UTV!!

Played off the park by Norwich. This is going to be a long season.

And won.

Better than being the better team against Chelsea and coming away with nothing. Plus Norwich have spent a fair bit of money in the summer, I don't know why people think we should be brushing them aside so easily?

We lost Bentek after 28 mins and lost Gabby in the second half. Luna, Bacuna, Tonev, Kozak, Helenius are all new players for us, so obviously they'll need time to gel - that's nearly half the team!

We needed a win and we got it, so I for one am happy! UTV!!

Agreed. Also, Norwich are very good at home. As I said earlier, I think we're the only team to have beaten them at Carrow Road this year - and we've done it twice.

• Like 1

I thought KEA was the pick of the midfielders today, he won us a lot of ball. Delph was relatively quiet.

Bacuna let Redmond get a cross in early on but was very solid after that.

Kozak looked decent, Helenius looks like the skills of David Silva trapped in the body of a gangly freak, I think he definitely has something to offer us.

I thought that Tonev would be one of those players that both delights and frustrates - hmm...

• Like 1

Guzan and Clark were great. Special mention to Bacuna, Vlaar, and Delph. Poor Andi needs a goal.

That said, Lowton got my MOTM vote. Didn't put a foot wrong.

Did he?

2d8.gif

Well, much as I love the guy, it was Lowton's best showing this season so far...

I think Andi's been given a bit of a hard time. He played well and was instrumental in much of our movement going's forward and helped out a lot at the back. Also, his initial pass to Kozak was great.

Not really, second half Norwich got a lot of crosses into the box. Weimann didn't help out that much then. On a counter attack he lost the ball on the half-way line and didn't track back at all. It's frustrating because he's arguably too good to drop but his form is worrying.

I think Andi's been given a bit of a hard time. He played well and was instrumental in much of our movement going's forward and helped out a lot at the back. Also, his initial pass to Kozak was great.

Not really, second half Norwich got a lot of crosses into the box. Weimann didn't help out that much then. On a counter attack he lost the ball on the half-way line and didn't track back at all. It's frustrating because he's arguably too good to drop but his form is worrying.

A lot of people, myself included, were saying to bring Tonev in for Weimann. I think Weimann's place in the team is safe on that score.

He did well first half, quiet in the second, but by that time the players that create the space for him to thrive in had gone off.

First half was very entertaining, should have been more goals. Either side could have gone in in front.

Second half, as it went on was clear was going to be backs to the wall. Very impressed with Guzan (MoM) including one world class save, and Clark.

Weimann was hit and miss for me, hit the post and carried a threat, but very wasteful in two or three situations. Though not as wasteful as our worst player, Tonev!

Id consider Bacuna RM next week and Lowton RB. Bacuna was decent today.

Overall we were fortunate based on the second half, but its good to grind it out and great to keep a clean sheet.

LOL

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC 2h

6 - Replays suggest Guzan was well off his line when he made that save but the referee saw nothing wrong and it's still 0-0. Lively start.

I've NEVER seen a penalty save where the keeper wasn't off his line, even if just slightly. By the letter of the law, the penalty should be retaken, but as they very, very rarely are, there's little room for complaint. I'd fully expect for the save to have stood had Ruddy done the same.

Question now is, does Bacuna keep his right back spot over Lowton?

Bring Lowton back and Bacuna can replace Tonev.

Agreed. It would be most interesting to see Bacuna getting a run-in in Tonev's spot. For the record, I think Tonev will come good for us. With time.

Â