• Tonev
    • Benteke
    • Kozák (for Benteke 28)
    • Helenius (for Agbonlahor 61)
    • Sylla (for Tonev 77)

This poll is closed to new votes

LOL

Norwich City FC @NorwichCityFC 2h

6 - Replays suggest Guzan was well off his line when he made that save but the referee saw nothing wrong and it's still 0-0. Lively start.

Halsey said on BT Sport that the keeper is entitled to make one forward movement, so no problem.

But the save from Guzan late on was excellant!

LOL

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC 2h

6 - Replays suggest Guzan was well off his line when he made that save but the referee saw nothing wrong and it's still 0-0. Lively start.

Halsey said on BT Sport that the keeper is entitled to make one forward movement, so no problem.

Interesting; I really didn't know that. I assume 'one forward movement' effectively means one step forward of the line is permitted?

LOL

Norwich City FC ‏@NorwichCityFC 2h

Norwich complaining about Guzan's half-yard movement looks small time.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3260315/Guzan_Save_1a.gif

Ciaran Clark however was about two meters inside the box when the penalty was struck. That gave him the chance to clear it easily. That would be a more reasonable complaint, but still fairly petty.

Not a vintage performance, but I'll take scrappy 1-0 wins away from home all day long. Worth remembering also, we had no Okore, Lowton, Westwood, and played the majority of the match with out Benteke. Showing depth in the squad, which is encouraging. MOTM had to be Guzan, with a nod to Bacuna and Clark. 

Edited by dAVe80

Clark has been solid every time he's played this season. Really good today.

Special mention to Chris Foy today. Even though he got quite a few things wrong, gave a penalty that wasn't, let Turner get Kozak in wrestling hold on the floor, let him go in 2 footed on Luna, and generally let Norwich's defenders get away with what they wanted, he didn't actually cost us the game, which is an improvement on recent referees.

Chuffed with the win. Fantastic result given the line-up and Benteke getting injured. Credit to every player who fought hard for the win. 

Weimann put a good shift in- but jesus.... how many attacking build ups break down due to a misplaced Weimann pass? 

Tonev....  I don't mind a player shooting on sight when they can hit the ball well... but his shooting looks awful. Must be doing something in training that we're not seeing. 

Guzan is just awesome!

Edited by PieFacE

Not a vintage performance, but I'll take scrappy 1-0 wins away from home all day long. Worth remembering also, we had no Okore, Lowton, Westwood, and played the majority of the match with out Benteke..

Lowton was left out, travelled with the squad but didn't make the 18.

Erm yeah, so we were without him. Whether he was dropped, or injured, he can still be classed as a first team regular, and we managed to get the win without him. Bacuna was an excellent replacement too, which bodes well.

A funny game this one. The first half was very wide open and Norwich did have quite a few chances. The goal scored by us was due to wofeul defending by them, but a goal is a goal.  The second half was poor but it was up to Norwich to attack and break us down. They seemed to run out of ideas really. I hope the Benteke injury is not bad or we could be in a bit of trouble.  Does anyone know if Westwood and Lowton were dropped or injured?  Might be  a message from Lambert that he expects more from them. Guzan was immense today, great pen save and what a save at the end. I can't really say anyone played that great but they grounded out a win, which is always pleasing. Tonev needs to stop shooting all the time. I thought Luna had a poor game as well.  Its a good 3 points but in fairness it was too average sides. I would be amazed that come May, either side will be in the top 10.

Not a vintage performance, but I'll take scrappy 1-0 wins away from home all day long. Worth remembering also, we had no Okore, Lowton, Westwood, and played the majority of the match with out Benteke..

Erm yeah, so we were without him. Whether he was dropped, or injured, he can still be classed as a first team regular, and we managed to get the win without him. Bacuna was an excellent replacement too, which bodes well.

Seems a strange argument to try and gain extra credit for a win by saying 'we were without X, Y and Z' when being without X was actually our own choice.

Seems a strange argument to try and gain extra credit for a win by saying 'we were without X, Y and Z' when being without X was actually our own choice.

The point I was making was how much better the squad is, rather than trying to gain any extra credit for the win. Chill Winston. 

Question now is, does Bacuna keep his right back spot over Lowton?

Bring Lowton back and Bacuna can replace Tonev.

Agreed. It would be most interesting to see Bacuna getting a run-in in Tonev's spot. For the record, I think Tonev will come good for us. With time.

If he uses his brain he might come good. There is some talent there but a truly shocking performance today. We played with 10 men.

Â