FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

Andrew Jennings gave a very revealing interview on south african tv yesterday (jennings is a journo who has written and had a hand in the investigations into the current situations)

Edited by Jimzk5

UEFA can change FIFA forever if they sit out the next two WCs in protest at the worker deaths and corruption. Without UEFA particpation, the WC would be a joke. This is a golden opportunity for UEFA to force through significant changes and at the same time establish its clout.

• Like 2

Blatter shouldn't get to retire in triumph. That is reason enough* for UEFA to boycott, leaving Blatter with the legacy of being the man who broke football. If we don't boycott, and if Blatter escapes the ongoing investigation, he will claim the role of saviour and that he united the football world once again. We simply cannot let him have that.

*If corruption and a complete disregard for human rights isn't...

• Like 1

UEFA can change FIFA forever if they sit out the next two WCs in protest at the worker deaths and corruption. Without UEFA particpation, the WC would be a joke. This is a golden opportunity for UEFA to force through significant changes and at the same time establish its clout.

I agree with you but from my point of view, I can't see it changing.  UEFA (and FIFA) have simply too much to lose.  Whilst the stories might say "Platini and Dyke have refused to rule out the option of boycotting future World Cups", this is all reacting to Blatter getting elected to the media (and the investigation).  I hope I'm wrong but it will take more than that.  I just can't see UEFA pulling out and FIFA will make sure that it would be stupid to do so via contractual agreements or otherwise.  Blatter will call on the masses to unite and the money men not investigated will get their worth to ensure that FIFA displays to the public that they are back for the goodness of football. 

:wacko:

Darth_Vader.png

Edited by trekka

Really hope Blatter gets caught in the corruption scandal and this World Cup gets another vote.

It's still possible, if one of the indicted has the goods on him and turns witness. I'd drink SIX Bud Light Limes if that happened.

• Like 2

Blatter has been accused of corruption for 20 years and nothing has stuck. UEFA have tried everything, this isnt 1st idle threat. 2002 they backed the "lovable" Hayatou who is probably even worse and Blatter destroyed him

I dont think all of UEFA are united on this and Platini is just planning his assault when Blatter retires. Also for all his big talk Platini didnt have the balls to run for the election

Interesting suggestion made on Football Weekly podcast this week. One of their guys was saying that in the presser last week, Blatter ensured that British journos got to ask all their questions about corruption, at the expense of journos from other countries. The implication being that it's FIFA's intention to portray this as a witch-hunt by one disgruntled country who are just sore because they failed in a bid to host the world cup.

Interesting suggestion made on Football Weekly podcast this week. One of their guys was saying that in the presser last week, Blatter ensured that British journos got to ask all their questions about corruption, at the expense of journos from other countries. The implication being that it's FIFA's intention to portray this as a witch-hunt by one disgruntled country who are just sore because they failed in a bid to host the world cup.

And as mentioned by the Football Ramble, even I'd that was the case, there's nothing wrong with that.

If a country has failed in a bid for the world cup and they think they've been beaten because of corruption then its fair game.

But that's not what this is. Its way bigger than England.

the guy on Sky though was very cringy chasing him through a hotel lobby. It was actually awful journalism though I have seen that guy before and he is one for the dramatics. Forget his name but wasnt Brian Swanson who was also in Switzerland for the election

Â