FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

'FIFA not responsible for Qatar's migrant workers' says president Sepp Blatter

And he's right

FIFA pull the World Cup from Qatar and go somewhere else, they will still be spending the same, bar the stadiums building the same, using the same workers in the same conditions, only no one will care

Lots of governing bodies are turning a blind eye to this and FIFA are way down the list as to who is responsible

'FIFA not responsible for Qatar's migrant workers' says president Sepp Blatter

And he's right

FIFA pull the World Cup from Qatar and go somewhere else, they will still be spending the same, bar the stadiums building the same, using the same workers in the same conditions, only no one will care

Lots of governing bodies are turning a blind eye to this and FIFA are way down the list as to who is responsible

Way down the list of who is responsible, for sure.

But FIFA know it's happening and aren't bothered - which is effectively a public endorsement of the migrant worker situation. Then again, it's not like they have a moral reputation to think about.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Who in their right mind is going to pull out of FIFA? Realistically it wont happen, there will simply be too much pressure from the money men and the fans.

The only option is to get together and organise another structure to allow the World Cup to continue, but who would head it?

Far easier to force a change at the top of FIFA. However this is what scapegoats are for, nothing will really change, just a different name at the top.

Who decides what is 'legally appropriate'? I'm guessing FIFA.

Evidence of brides wouldn't really be a 'legally appropriate' thing to be released to the public. As you say, it will be a short report basically showing how clean and innocent FIFA want themselves to appear.

"Knowing Blatter as I do, I have always said that he will either die in the job or go to jail," said McBeth.

"The fact Garcia has resigned is, at least, a sign that someone is standing up to Blatter, but I don't know if it is going to work.

"Blatter has been exceptionally good at covering up for those behind him, such as Joao Havelange (who resigned as honorary FIFA president after being named as accepting a bribe) and Julio Grondona (ex-senior vice-president of FIFA). He must be looking for someone to take over from him and do the same.

"He will get Jerome Valcke (FIFA general secretary) in so deep that he won't be able to expose anything either and he will stand. The fact all this goes on in Switzerland makes it all the harder to get to the truth.

"That would only happen if Blatter lets someone else take over from him and expose what has been going on. Basically, it all operates on bribery and corruption."

Scottish Herald

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The last barrier to the Qatar World Cup just fell: FIFA is appeasing Fox (and the other US/Canadian rightsholders) by giving them the 2026 World Cup on the same terms as 2018 and 2022 (and since 2026 will be probably be at times convenient for North America, the 2026 World Cup will be worth more than 2018 or 2022).

Probably makes the USA frontrunners for 2026, too.

Qatar 2022 World Cup to be staged in November-December - reports
Qatar was announced as hosts of the 2022 World Cup at the FIFA headquarters in Zurich on December 2, 2010.

FIFA is set to confirm that the 2022 Qatar World Cup will take place in November and December of that year, according to reports.

Sports Illustrated has revealed that a FIFA task force will meet in Doha next week and make the recommendation for a winter World Cup, and the FIFA Executive Committee is set to ratify the decision at its meeting in Zurich in March.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has previously admitted that the tournament cannot be played in the summer due to average temperatures in Qatar rising to nearly 50 degrees Celsius (122 degrees Farenheit) during the World Cup's traditional June and July calendar spot.

Wary of interrupting the usual club football calendar, which runs through the months of November and December, the European Club Association and the Association of European Professional Football Leagues submitted presentations to FIFA suggesting April and May 2022 or May and June 2022 as alternative dates for the World Cup, respectively.

These presentations look set to be ignored, throwing into question how the 2022-23 European season will roll out, and possibly affecting the timing of the 2021 Confederations Cup, a pre-World Cup competition that will also take place in Qatar.

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/2306213/fifa-are-set-to-confirm-that-the-2022-qatar-world-cup-will-take-place-in-november-and-december

it wont appease the clubs that have 10+ players playing in it and then have injuries and a shit run of form in January

it'll skew the champions league too

im guessing the tournament will be a month long and the call ups will be 2 weeks before the start so 6 weeks in total

thinks thats 6 prem games, league cup semi finals, 2 england games, 3 champions league / europa league games

it wont appease the clubs that have 10+ players playing in it and then have injuries and a shit run of form in January

it'll skew the champions league too

im guessing the tournament will be a month long and the call ups will be 2 weeks before the start so 6 weeks in total

thinks thats 6 prem games, league cup semi finals, 2 england games, 3 champions league / europa league games

So what you are saying is that it can only HELP in Villa's case :P

• Like 3

It's bullshit.

I don't mind a Winter World Cup. I don't even mind it being in Qatar.

But I'm still of the belief that it should have been pitched like that in the first place. People should have been voting on a winter world cup.

If you're bidding to host a tournament that it is impossible to hold because the players will melt, then it should never have even made it to the table.

• Like 4

It's bullshit.

I don't mind a Winter World Cup. I don't even mind it being in Qatar.

But I'm still of the belief that it should have been pitched like that in the first place. People should have been voting on a winter world cup.

If you're bidding to host a tournament that it is impossible to hold because the players will melt, then it should never have even made it to the table.

Yebbut, what about stadiums with giant fans in? Eh?

Â